Test: Q8 Oils and Lubegard

May 21, 2006
for service engine and gearbox rb25DET.....what the best product to use and where Penang area can i get this Q8 product..TQ

Nismofun

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
yesterday go to eneos, Jusco kepong.jalan jalan, than i notice that Q8 Advanced 10-40 (semi) price up to RM92 from RM89. Others q8f1, t670, t55 same price

Last edited:

NeoG

Known Member
May 30, 2006
ya Eneos is selling slightly higher then outside, at sunway "just the same roll with N1 racing" they just selling RM89. i not sure what name of the shop di, have one uncle age around 45~50yrs old very friendly and nice to talk with at the shop. u all can try try. for someone out of Klang valley i not sure where u can get it. btw i just travel from KL to Pinang last week and my car is very stable to speed up to 180kmh (my car is Honda Civic EG yr 95 Non V-Tec Auto tranny). B4 that my car engine is very loud and hard to reach this speed. Very stisfy with it, i will stick with this oil in the future.

^_^y Cheers

Happy New Year to All ZTH Member

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
Q 8 is a good oil. i have been using it for more than 2 years now. but i feel it is slightly overrated in malaysia. they promoted and sponsored many local drivers. no offence to local drifters or drivers ok. most of the reviews come from local guys.....but i have yet to see and international driver claiming anything although Q8 does advertised themselves as sponsors for the BTCC and other sport events.

i never believed in any additives, but i am using and testing out Tufoil and Q8 mineral in my brother's proton for 8 months now. i will be using this for as long as i can just for testing purposes. when the engine dies, i will open it up and will let everyone know if there is any sludge in the engine.

for my own ride, i was with Q8 fully syn T670 for more than 2 years and then i changed to Royal Purple. i find this to be a better oil than Q8.

in my other turbo vehicle, i have tried Q8 F1 for 3 changes....it was good, tappet was quiet etc, but the problem i had was it did not last long enough. above 3500kms, i could feel the engine rough again. I am now on Royal Purple and still monitoring the performance.

Q8 is good, but i feel Royal Purple is better.

also royal purple is Lambo's factory fill.

The royal purple gear oil is actually OEM factory oil for CIMA gearboxes, gearbox suppliers to Koenigsegg and Pagani Zonda.

prices i doubt is much more than q8...amybe a little bit more.

Last edited:

Garrett

May 10, 2006
Dare not use any other oils for my SR20det machine, I've been using MOTUL 300V......the best oil I've ever used.

Try MOTUL, u won't regret.

rcrossz7

Known Member
Apr 13, 2005
Shah Alamanda
Visit site
so.... this 1 beat Mobil 1 is it?

can anyone says with facts that this oil can beat Castrol's and Mobil's and also Motul's anytime?

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
i have not used castrol, but i was a Mobil 1 user for more than 4 years before i switched to Q8.

i dont have facts & figures but neither does the local drifters or racers. i had repeated, i have seen so far our local guys claiming Q8 is good, which could be because they are sponsored by them. how many racers can tell us with facts that the particular oil is good.

all we can hear is the engine is smooth, revs very fast, high film strength, clean better - but ask any of them what exactly is film strength i have yet to hear a good answer.

i feel the Q8 is better than Mobil 1, but loses out to Royal Purple, as you can see from my so called experience as described. I feel that Q8 is smoother and last longer than Mobil 1 in my older turbo car which is now sold.

I have not tried MOTUL though.

NeoG

Known Member
May 30, 2006
I have use Castrol Semi Syn for about 2 years, and now i have switch to Q8 and try.

Castrol Pros:-
-take less time to warm up the car in the morning,
-the engine is smooths during driving long distance,
-less tappet sound from engine.

Castrol Cos:-
-the oil is a bit heavy compare to Q8,
-when speed up, the engine feel not as smooths as Q8 oils.

Q8 Pros :-
-the engine feel smooths when start the engine in the morning,
-feel smooths and steady during speed up,
-the engine oil feel lighter then Castrol,
-can feel less strange sound (klik-klok) from the engine bay (my car is oredi 11 years old hehe...).

Q8 Cos:-
-take slightly longer time (1~2min) to warm up the car in the morning,

BTW i not someone the get sponser from Q8, i just tested it by my self and all the command above is just my personal opinion since i been using Castrol about 2 years and Q8 about 1years.

TQ
^_^y

Last edited:

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
neo, regarding the heavier issue, are you comparing both oil of the same viscosity?

Lhw63

Apr 8, 2006
hey guy!!my car is civic fd 2.0,so what type of Q8 oils is better for this engine ??

RedD

500 RPM
Dec 19, 2004
anywhere..
ermm... wanna ask.. wat type of Q8 oils n da viscosity is better for my Satria 1.3 efi??... izz already run 89+++... thx... ^^,

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
just changed to full syn Q8 oil (about 5 changes already) and for the first time Q8 oil for my gearbox..

as for the engine.. it feels good when driving. when the mech pour out my old oil.. the color is still yellow..no sludge even that time im above 1000+km then recommended (maybe coz my engine is still oke?)

as the gearbox.. my old OEM oil is black color , so thick. so have to wait another 25,000km before i know the outcome.. hehe. the shifting feel light too.sometimes i just use 3 finger tro shift gear (testing purpose)

but overal.. i really like the oil..maybe theres another better oil... but this oil is the best i can afford and never let me down..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask your opinions as stated in the title. I'm more into looking answers in if you were in my shoes what would you do. If you do own the cars listed below, I'd be delighted to know your experiences with the vehicle for example like fuel consumption within town use or traveling further distances, services and maintenance and etc. Of course by the end of the day, the decision still falls on me.

Currently I'm driving my parents rolla. Originally it was an EE100 SE...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience