td05 20g

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
arent all turbo engines running retarded ignition during boost?

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Different turbo using different level of inginition when on boost, it depent on your set-up... what i'm trying to say is 'when u using a small injector for a big turbo u have to retard the ignition timing to low for that particular turbo'....

maybe for 16g turbo 660cc injector would be enough to support the highest possible ignition u have set during boost but for 20g you will need a bigger injector to support the level of ignition you'r running with the same boost level.... if you'r using the same injector as running 16g maybe u have to retard the igntiion timing lower than what u'r running with 16g....

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
injector

zaki said:
can i know you fuel regulator pressure? how big are your injectors?
Mine is standard 510cc injectors and the pressure is somewhere near std (I was told la. Not too sure. need to check with mech).

I have a fren who is running a 3s engine with a big ass turbo (bigger than T67 but smaller than T88). Something like a T78 turbine. Boost is set to 1.4bar. Also using Evo 510cc injectors. He said for short drags, they are enough. He doesnt drive his car tht often. Mayb press the car once in 2 weeks only.

Mayb jo1 is right. I was told to change my injectors if I wan to get more power out of the car. Of cos this will be done via tuning.

Miton, damn!!! U really went the 2.4l way? I was only joking about it in the other thread.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
big turbo normally start with 61mm compressor wheel and will need very high ignition timing to spool it.... most of this turbo efficientcy range will start from boost of 1.5 bar and above...

bigger injector will be needed to make it perform as a big turbo for you to fully release the power they can produce.....

bigger turbo will provide more air with the same pressure as compare to small turbo but will need higher ignition to spool it.... which require bigger injector to supply the fuel to get a correct AFR...... directly mean bigger budget

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
miton, you must be talking about your 30+psi setup hehehe

my 14psi setup is running with a few degrees (can't remember how many) of ignition advance

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
there's something not right, i don't know, maybe i need to learn more. 4 x 510cc can support close to 400hp. those setup might need more.

GroundZro said:
Mine is standard 510cc injectors and the pressure is somewhere near std (I was told la. Not too sure. need to check with mech).

I have a fren who is running a 3s engine with a big ass turbo (bigger than T67 but smaller than T88). Something like a T78 turbine. Boost is set to 1.4bar. Also using Evo 510cc injectors. He said for short drags, they are enough. He doesnt drive his car tht often. Mayb press the car once in 2 weeks only.

Mayb jo1 is right. I was told to change my injectors if I wan to get more power out of the car. Of cos this will be done via tuning.

Miton, damn!!! U really went the 2.4l way? I was only joking about it in the other thread.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
dolly said:
miton, you must be talking about your 30+psi setup hehehe

my 14psi setup is running with a few degrees (can't remember how many) of ignition advance
Crazy meh 30+psi...you think what? tyre pressure ah? :biggrin:

Well, since we are learning new things everyday, it's okay if we listen to other comments as well. that's why i pose the question.

GroundZro,
want or not? nice for your Big Ass turbine! :biggrin: it's never installed in my engine anyway...just left to rust in the shed behind my house.

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Yeap

zaki said:
there's something not right, i don't know, maybe i need to learn more. 4 x 510cc can support close to 400hp. those setup might need more.
Yeap. He needs more. He has 2 extra injectors hooked up but seldom use them.

Miton,
Give free, i wan.