Taxi ride with Monster Tajima as he smashes the 10 minute mark up Pikes Peak w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It was a long time coming and the moment has finally come upon us. Nobuhiro ‘Monster’ Tajima has smashed the 10 minute barrier up Pikes Peak with a blistering 9:51.278 run up the hill.

We’re going to say that this probably ranks up there with the greatest moments in sporting history and no amount of video or pictures could ever begin to even give a glimpse of the atmosphere and emotions during that moment. This is definitely one of those ‘you had to be there’ moments.

Still, that doesn’t mean that we don’t want some footage of the run up and considering that Monster Tajima’s primary sponsor is none other than GoPro, we’re betting there were enough cameras strapped to his Suzuki SX4 Hill Climb Special to shoot a feature length movie with.

The footage here though is from a camera mounted on top of the car, giving us front row seats to the fastest ascend up Pikes Peak. You might think that the bits of the video with the car on the tarmac has been sped up but we can assure you there was no editing to the speed of the video, that quick feeling is purely from the 910 horses.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7VAJaZAV-gQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Attachments

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Re: Taxi ride with Monster Tajima as he smashes the 10 minute mark up Pikes Peak w/vi

both insane...the car and the driver...

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Re: Taxi ride with Monster Tajima as he smashes the 10 minute mark up Pikes Peak w/vi

finally, he's done it, this is like a follow up post to my older post

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru

That's why he called the monster.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004

"Gila berani" those spectators....one mistake/problem by the drivers/car and someone could easily get run over...

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang

damn... hardly believe that slow SX4 that I always see on malaysian street is that fast on pikes peak...

:congrats:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL

Live up to the name "Monster Tajima". Salute...

Last edited:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim

soluteee....

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008

not wanting to be a hater, im just wondering based on the video and my caculation(correct me if im wrong) its seems his time is around 9.57(plus and minus). but for it to be 51' based on the video it seems to far. but im not sure where they put the timing device, cause my caculation is only based on those flag.
aalto: its dangerous but thats is why in rallying and none track event there's a golden rule that when spectacting always be on the inside of the corner. but than motorsports is dangerous ;)

dulux78

Feb 20, 2006

luqae: it's official the time is 09:51.278, no need to be skeptical :top:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

i wonder what's the engine dyno gonna look like.....

hardly any turbo lag....the engine just picks up and rev to the max.....can see monster having problem to put down the power on gravel....

and since this year tarmac section was longer...thus the tyre thread pattern also designed to do more favour on tarmac than on gravel.....

p/s:i hate the fact nowadays the organizer put haysack on the corner apex to prevent corner cutting (and brings slippery dirts or tarmac) cuts down the fun factor of watching hillclimb..but still it gave the spectator some safety indicator... :biggrin: (its just my opinion)...

Satish Kumar Black

From Facebook
Jan 14, 2011
shah alam
www.facebook.com

dat guy almost crashed 7 timesss! crayyzee... and luqae buddy, they've gotn computers calculatin the time, the flags dont start the time they simply tell him that he could start anytime now... cheers for a great driver... mad respect!!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Video: New 1500whp tuning package by Underground Racing for Gallardo Superleggera

Underground Racing has produced some pretty extraordinary tuning packages for the Lamborghini Gallardo's but this is probably their wildest yet - a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience