Suitable absorber for wira 1.5

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Just to want to have a slightly improve performance. I read from others than it also improve the flow and smoother drive. Not going for those loud screaming pranggg... prangg... exhaust :-) too old for that.
once u swap the extractor to after market one and 2" piping it'll be slightly louder than stock even with mitsubishi twintip sflow muffler. u can hear the roar in front. haha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ah! mine was 1.5 Carb

Yours not noisy because still have rear muffler mah......:driver:
Yours must be those with the short 4-2-1.

My rear muffler is stock item for Wira 1.8. Stock item should be quiet enough especially during idling. But now is still louder slightly compared to the time when I had full stock exhaust system.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yours must be those with the short 4-2-1.

My rear muffler is stock item for Wira 1.8. Stock item should be quiet enough especially during idling. But now is still louder slightly compared to the time when I had full stock exhaust system.
Inside the muffler should have fiber glass, those must have deteriorated. Same for my straight through, from the time fitted new till now, volume and sound have changed........

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Inside the muffler should have fiber glass, those must have deteriorated. Same for my straight through, from the time fitted new till now, volume and sound have changed........
that is my consideration whether to get a new after market or a used from original car. As you said, the deteriorated might have change the sound or louder.

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
once u swap the extractor to after market one and 2" piping it'll be slightly louder than stock even with mitsubishi twintip sflow muffler. u can hear the roar in front. haha.
I planning to change twintip silence to make car more quiet but i had change aftermarket 4-2-1 and bullet, piping duno how many inch. As u say from front also can heard roar isit pipin or extractor problem

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I planning to change twintip silence to make car more quiet but i had change aftermarket 4-2-1 and bullet, piping duno how many inch. As u say from front also can heard roar isit pipin or extractor problem
front can hear roar.......
1)u ade open pod ka?
2)exhaust leak?
3)erm.... nvh no gooding ka?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The muffler that I'm using from Parakey is already 23 years old this year from this 1996 Wira 1.8... The fiber glass definitely had deteriorated from usage and time.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
before thinking want,but cant confirm with Vdo can compitable with wht piggyback
told u previously u can use unichip.

normal if u use aftermarket extractor. but shouldn't be that loud. roaring online above 4k rpm.

front can hear roar.......
1)u ade open pod ka?
2)exhaust leak?
3)erm.... nvh no gooding ka?
he meant the engine can hear louder when u drive from 3.5k-redline. haha.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The muffler that I'm using from Parakey is already 23 years old this year from this 1996 Wira 1.8... The fiber glass definitely had deteriorated from usage and time.
Yup, all sealed type muffler will suffer this problem. Got one time I saw at exhaust shop, one rear muffler the back panel held by bolts. This one can open can change whatever is inside.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hie...

im new in engine mod. if any forumer have advice for me regarding 4G91 engine.

I've realy have tight budget and need to replace my current engine. Stock engine has blow last saturday night and i want to do transplan in this week.

by the way... im driving Mitsubishi Lancer A172 (Lampu Kotak one), Rear Drive and and my stock engine is 4G12 (1.4cc SOHC)

i ask mechenic and mechenic told me that i can use any 4G engine < 1.6 that should ngam with my gearbox.

i notice that 4G91 has 2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience