Suitable absorber for wira 1.5

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Engine stock. Only things I did is 4-2-1 extractor, 1.7 inch exhaust piping with a bullet/resonator and twin tip muffler from Wira 1.8. Also I had my ignition timing advanced which is adjusted at the distributor. That's it. Engine oil is on fully synthetic 5W-40 and this is important too for engine performance.

I don't plan to do as much as you write like standalone ECU or turbo kit. Just minor cheap upgrade and try to keep most things OEM or stock. Wanted the car to be balanced, an all rounder. If I want to go for heavy performance mod, I will definitely choose to buy another car to do it, not my current Wira.
Planning to do the same. Keep the extractor and change to 1.7" exhaust piping with resonator and change a 1.8 muffler. Can advice what is the estimated price?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Planning to do the same. Keep the extractor and change to 1.7" exhaust piping with resonator and change a 1.8 muffler. Can advice what is the estimated price?
If I am not mistaken, the extractor cost me RM265 and the piping RM220. Those two are not stainless steel, just normal mild steel. The muffler was given to me by Parakey from ZTH here. Can never thank him enough for that.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
If I am not mistaken, the extractor cost me RM265 and the piping RM220. Those two are not stainless steel, just normal mild steel. The muffler was given to me by Parakey from ZTH here. Can never thank him enough for that.
OK... OK... that's mean your extractor is a new one. Cos I think only Wira SE version came with 4-2-1 already. That extractor will be cast iron? I don't think that I'm that lucky to find a good condition muffler and no bocor... will try...

Thanks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If not mistaken, original Wira exhaust already 4-2-1, only aftermarket ones the length differs being longer......

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
OK... OK... that's mean your extractor is a new one. Cos I think only Wira SE version came with 4-2-1 already. That extractor will be cast iron? I don't think that I'm that lucky to find a good condition muffler and no bocor... will try...

Thanks.
not cast iron. mild steel.
mind if i ask, what's your target? u can try those mild steel extractor or get performance stainless steel extractor like this one from mudah: https://www.mudah.my/Extractor+Wira+Satria+1+3+1+5+Injection+4x2x1+4g15-72623684.htm

then just use 2" piping with high flow resonator/mid-box and route to a good flowing straight flow muffler.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
not cast iron. mild steel.
mind if i ask, what's your target? u can try those mild steel extractor or get performance stainless steel extractor like this one from mudah: https://www.mudah.my/Extractor+Wira+Satria+1+3+1+5+Injection+4x2x1+4g15-72623684.htm

then just use 2" piping with high flow resonator/mid-box and route to a good flowing straight flow muffler.
Just to want to have a slightly improve performance. I read from others than it also improve the flow and smoother drive. Not going for those loud screaming pranggg... prangg... exhaust :-) too old for that.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Thanks.
Yes, I bought mine new for the extractor and piping.

Only the original short 4-1 type is cast iron I think. The Wira SE 4-2-1 is not.

If not mistaken, original Wira exhaust already 4-2-1, only aftermarket ones the length differs being longer......
The original 4-2-1 is for the early batches of Wira SE. I can't be too sure for those found in Wira 1.6 and 1.8 though. However, I do notice certain carb 1.3 and 1.5 came with short 4-2-1 extractor.

Maybe you remember wrongly. I think it's less than 200.
Nope, definitely over RM200. Yesterday I checked my old records for it. It is RM265.

Just to want to have a slightly improve performance. I read from others than it also improve the flow and smoother drive. Not going for those loud screaming pranggg... prangg... exhaust :-) too old for that.
My revs are indeed smoother after I did the piping. My setup won't sound like pranggg pranggg but the sound is definitely a bit louder than stock when I hear it from outside. One more thing is, I noticed the low frequency bass-like humming noise is louder at certain mid range RPM like between 3-4k rpm when I release the throttle. Might be due to the resonator / bullet thing that I replaced my cat con with.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So what sort of extractor do you currently have?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only the original short 4-1 type is cast iron I think. The Wira SE 4-2-1 is not.

The original 4-2-1 is for the early batches of Wira SE. I can't be too sure for those found in Wira 1.6 and 1.8 though. However, I do notice certain carb 1.3 and 1.5 came with short 4-2-1 extractor.

My revs are indeed smoother after I did the piping. My setup won't sound like pranggg pranggg but the sound is definitely a bit louder than stock when I hear it from outside. One more thing is, I noticed the low frequency bass-like humming noise is louder at certain mid range RPM like between 3-4k rpm when I release the throttle. Might be due to the resonator / bullet thing that I replaced my cat con with.
Ah! mine was 1.5 Carb

Yours not noisy because still have rear muffler mah......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ... :)
I'm driving an Iswara Aeroback with Iswara SE muffler mounted and a local made aftermarket bullet...

The muffler is kind of bassy and solid.. but if on long journey, i think the muffler would deaf me... hehe...

I would like to know is there anyway to make it more silent? Is putting on a second bullet can solve this problem?

thnx...
all da best ppl!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience