strange sound - need advice from all bros

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi bros

i am currently driving a waja 4g18. recently, there is a strange sound coming out from the car when i am doing a L reverse.

its sounds like "krok krok krok" and this only happens when I do a reverse. but the funny thing is that every morning when I start the car and test it again, the sound wont be there.

it happen very frequently when I am back from work and when trying to L reverse to park my car at home.

any bros encountered this before ? can advise me what is the problem ?

thanks bros

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is it when you reverse only when you turn the steering will have that sound? or u r just reversing straight?

Test it out whether is it when you turn. Cuz I'm facing the same problem after changing suspension.
Even after replacing with another one, still have that krok/pop sound when I reverse by turning the
steering. 1st suspected Suspension Mounting.

Sound wasn't that bad now but then just 1 sound Pop!

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi Bro supra and bro dan

thanks for your suggestion.

its very funny. it only happens when i do a L-Reverse. other than that the sound wont come out. the sound can be quite bad and sounds like a metal getting stuck.
i didnt change anything to the suspension. only last month added a rear bottom strut bar.

yesterday bring to a mechanic. tested for so long but he couldnt find out any error. scratching my head now. i am thinking next time, when the sound come out, i will record it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hi Bro supra and bro dan

thanks for your suggestion.

its very funny. it only happens when i do a L-Reverse. other than that the sound wont come out. the sound can be quite bad and sounds like a metal getting stuck.
i didnt change anything to the suspension. only last month added a rear bottom strut bar.

yesterday bring to a mechanic. tested for so long but he couldnt find out any error. scratching my head now. i am thinking next time, when the sound come out, i will record it.
Must be different case than mine, at 1st I thought was those sand on the ground or stones that created that sound krok or popping sound...then on the road and when my mech tested, sounds weird...on tiles also can have such sound...

Till date still got sound after replacing the whole suspension. Just that it sounds once only instead of a few times...

Yours sounds bad. Maybe should bring to other workshop to check. Some workshop able to check different problems. Worse come to worse, go back to SC.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Could be the body mounting is broken...

Its the mounting joining the body of the car onto the chasis...

Dont know whether your car has got it or not...

Its at the front of the rear wheels, both left or right respectively....

cherabeng

Aug 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks bro changi and bro leslie

went to a mechanic and changed the lower arm. didnt know that waja's lower arm consist of 3 parts.

the funny thing is that after changing the rear lower arm both sides, now another funny sound come out. occasionally when driving, it will give me a sound like "TUP". a popping sound
and this even happen on normal roads.

the L -reverse sound still come out but the funny thing is that it only kacau me at night, i tried every morning doing a L-reverse and the car will perform smoothly without sound. then after work, got home when trying to park car, it will give me the "krok-krok-krok" sound.
think this car is playing me :-(

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Try moving then u turn with part throttle, sound come out then driveshaft.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just get your mech to check it out....once part confirmed worn out, just run to the nearest spare part shop & get it yourself,
u could save a couple of bucks there.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have all seen some pretty amazing drift machines in our time, but a classic Mercedes W123 Wagon drift machine? That really is something, here's a great video of one of the most unassuming drift cars in the world. And its a diesel! Not much else is known about the car except that it sounds good and drifts well. And props to the driver with mad skills. A must watch.

<object...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience