Stock Nissan GT-R To Enter The Nurburgring 24 Hours Race

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Ever since its debut back in 2007, the Nissan R35 GT-R has swept the globe with its superior performance. Powered by a 3.8l twin-turbo V6 power plant, the GT-R has made a startling appearance on almost all major motoring events; drag, circuit racing, time attack, you name it.

And now, the guys at Nissan wanted to further test the GT-R’s limits by entering it in one of the most famous endurance race there is, the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. It may not sound that impressive as a Nissan GT-R had already entered and won a class victory at the same event last year. But the GT-R that will take part is not a fully-modified, steroid-pumped, mega-horsepower GT-R. The one that will take part is in fact, just a stock GT-R.

But one should not be fooled by hearing that it will be in a stock specification, as the GT-R we are talking about here is the race-ready Club Track Edition. Well, maybe some might argue that it is no longer stock as it has a stripped interior, aero modifications and a standard roll cage, but the engine, transmission and suspension are untouched.

A few more touches done to this “Club Track” are wider tires, a slightly more rigid suspension, bigger brakes and a bigger fuel tank.

The car’s chief engineer, Kazutoshi Mizuno said that by entering such races, they will be able to collect precious information and experience in the effort to fine tune the car over the next five years in its current form. And one of the focuses of this challenge is not only the performance of the car, but also the durability as well.

Standard production Nissan GT-R to compete in Nurburgring 24 Hours race - YouTube

“This is the reason we chose to enter the Nurburgring 24 Hours: to perform harsher endurance tests for future performance improvements,” he added.

Sources
Nissan entering stock GT-R in 24 Hours of Nürburgring
Nissan To Field Production GT-R In 2012 Nürburgring 24 Hours

Attachments

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hmm.. I found some sentences confusing. Like, " ...but the engine, transmission and suspension are untouched".

Then, "... A few more touches done to this “Club Track” are wider tires, a slightly more rigid suspension, bigger brakes & a bigger fuel tank." :hmmmm:

Nurburgring 24 Hours is one of the best way to test the GT-R's reliability to the limit, mainly the engine, transmission, brakes and suspension. :top: . In one of the Best Motoring International episodes, the GT-R transmission broke down during lap battle with other track monsters.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm.. I found some sentences confusing. Like, " ...but the engine, transmission and suspension are untouched".

Then, "... A few more touches done to this “Club Track” are wider tires, a slightly more rigid suspension, bigger brakes & a bigger fuel tank." :hmmmm:
Hehehe yea, about to say the same. I can understand about the necessity of bigger slick tires, roll cage, and bigger tank, but if not stock suspension and brakes anymore then cannot be considered a stock car anymore.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think what they mean stock is to confirm with group N regulation normally where the tyre,brakes,suspension and cooling system are allowed to be changed into competition specification....rollcage,4point harness and fire extinguisher also mandatory prior to that...but the modification stops there...the engine,transmission,suspension geometry and the basic chasis aren't allowed for modification

thats the reason u still see interiol panel and rear bench seat are still there....if not to the stock car/group N regulation all of that would be long gone from the car... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Any one can recommend a good radio signal booster ?
Any other solution? I dunt wanna change my player cos' it has a build in A/C control ( from Japan )
Tried installed a booster (no brand) but doesn't realy do a good job.
Any help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience