Stock alarm+immobilizer, turbo timer

wfc31

Known Member
Aug 11, 2004
wfc31.fotopic.net
i am having ???? regarding how the stock alarm+aftermarket immobilizer work together with turbo timer?

let say now i have stock alarm and immobilzaer in my car, as normal i arm & disarm when leaving & entering car.

but when i install a turbo timer for my turbo car, when i leave the car and arm the alarm while the engine still running during the timer count down, will the immobilzer cut off the enginer?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by wfc31@Feb 25 2005, 21:12
i am having ???? regarding how the stock alarm+aftermarket immobilizer work together with turbo timer?

let say now i have stock alarm and immobilzaer in my car, as normal i arm & disarm when leaving & entering car.

but when i install a turbo timer for my turbo car, when i leave the car and arm the alarm while the engine still running during the timer count down, will the immobilzer cut off the enginer?
It depends on how u wire ur immobilizer and turbo timer. If you wire them parallel the turbo timer would still function even though the immobilizer kicks in. If you were to wire them in a series, ie from immobilizer to turbo timer, then ur turbo timer would not function. Just a matter of how the wiring is done. I presume that ur immobilizer is just a basic starter motor immobilizer right? Not those that immobilize the ECU too. I guess even with ECU immobilizer, it can still be done, but the wiring would be more tricky.

et_all

Sep 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
WFC31 :- My car got stock alarm and stock immobolizer...I also got turbo timer even my car dont have turbo :)

Well, the man that install timer to my car quite expert....My immobolizer activate once my timer finish countdown....Need to put relay...

U can go one shop... beside N1 in sunway....Ask Ah loo....I satisfied with his work...I drive vios

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Did you know we had a Malaysian who competed in the World Time Attack Challenge 2012 in Eastern Creek, Sydney, Australia?

Yes, and he brought home the 2nd place Trophy for the Open Class Championships!

Read about his story here:

Ridehunters: World Time Attack Challenge 2012: Hot Seat with Alif Hamdan & Team Chasers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience