Steering Wheel Free Play...

sassuka75

Apr 10, 2006
Hi all Honda fans here.... have question about this thing.

My car steering wheel got quite big free play. Even after done wheel alignment it still have quite big free play. Taking corner will require concentration !

Once asked pomen what will cure this and makes the steering wheel no free play (smallest free play gap at least). They mentioned need to change something that will cost me some 500+. Now i would like to know what are normally the things that will cause this to happens and is that really cost me 500+?

Forgot to mention, im driving EK3 anyway.

Thanx :Not_Impressed:

arsaa

Known Member
Apr 10, 2004
bro.....i think you need to check your steering rack.....maybe its faulty already.....kasi bukak tayar......pegang tie rod end and then kasi tolak keluar masuk.....kalu tak boleh tolak keluar masuk.....maybe its something else.....sorry for the BM admin! just helping this bro.....

sassuka75

Apr 10, 2006
thanx arsaa....

my first thought also on that steering rack. but then it doesn help even after changing tie rod end ... both side.

by the way anybody know how much it cost for used steering rack ?

thanx

patpaty

500 RPM
Jul 21, 2004
subang jaya,usj
sassuka75 said:
Hi all Honda fans here.... have question about this thing.

My car steering wheel got quite big free play. Even after done wheel alignment it still have quite big free play. Taking corner will require concentration !

Once asked pomen what will cure this and makes the steering wheel no free play (smallest free play gap at least). They mentioned need to change something that will cost me some 500+. Now i would like to know what are normally the things that will cause this to happens and is that really cost me 500+?

Forgot to mention, im driving EK3 anyway.

Thanx :Not_Impressed:
here is my exp..
if ur steering rack have no leaking..don exchange it..it will haf a little bit free play (around 1 inch) there wen u turn ur steering left n right...DON waste $$ on unnecessary thing..

sassuka75

Apr 10, 2006
thanx patpay...

sure i wont waste too much on unnecessary things... he hehe. at moment its not just 1 inch... its some 3 inch. if changing the steering will solve it definitely i'll do that.... have intention to keep that EK3 untill it "reput" .. ha ha hahaaa

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
Bro, try get second opinion from other mechanic la....
I belive it stering rack also.... if new expensive buy recon la ...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Radiators to a car is the skin to a human being. Without it, the body cannot release heat generated internally via the sweat glands. Similarly the radiator transfers the heat from the engine block to the coolant and out to the atmosphere through the radiator.

It's also said that for every degree lost is a horse-power gained. So it only makes sense that you change the coolant in the system to ensure maximum cooling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience