Sprintex Supercharger Kit for my Inspira 1.8

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I am looking to Supercharge my Inspira using a Sprintex Supercharger.
Which will of course post problems as ATG, suppliers of Sprintex, and now (Proreka, which bought 600 units from them for either the Exora or Neo) does not have any ready kit for a 4B10.
Any idea, any local tuners like Dragger Kepong or Powerzone willing to take on this task?
Maybe, I will swing by at Powerzone tomorrow.
Mine is a manual, which I chose over the CVT as I know I will mod. this car.
James

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
interesting project, do keep us posted!

i think pz's powerzone supercharger kits are made with Eaton superchargers if im not mistaken, they may be able to fabricate a kit for u as well

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I am definitely going that route. Its near impossible to extract more than 20 HP from an NA engine unless you spend heaps of money. I used to drive a V8 Subaru. I miss the kick of forced induction. ATG kit for Honda Jaz looks really neat. You get almost 50% more torque.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yeah i guess it is a bit difficult especially since the 4b10 is a relatively new engine with currently little market support

swapped the subie for an inspira? just got married? hehe

pz's campro 1.6 with supercharger kit did around 17x horses, up from 11x if i remember correctly, which is a really healthy boost

everything including piggyback etc. etc. was more than 10k, again, if i remembered correctly, it was already quite a while back

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
No, I decided to have a road car and a track car. My track car is a Satria GTI. I dont want to mod. the Inspira until its only suitable for track work. But 1.8 Engine at low revs slow. Plus i Have huge 18" rims on 235 size tyres.
on the car. Just want to have more torque. But also worried about CEL.
So I need a neat installation.
Sprintex looks quieter in operation from Eaton.
So objective is to tune the ECU to run on a low boost supercharger.
Maybe if naughty, can have 2 programs, 1. To run low boost on 95 Ron and the other High boost 97 ron.

APTuning

Known Member
Of view and I've been doing research on the use of engine supercharger kit is expensive compared with turbo kit
The average customer of supercharger they say the price is 15k for the kit does not include installation
And there are also adding to injectors, fuel pump, EMS and tuning
All amounts are in the 30-35k
For turbo kit includes all only 15k
Important are good working and correct tuning
Stock Campro engine is only good for 1bar boost and horsepower 180-200hp
Also better for Inspira engine

Last edited:

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I am open to anything in forced induction. But, Sprintex sold the S5-150 to Proton for about RM4K. I am checking with Sprintex, how much is their retail price?
Sure, that is before you factor in locally fabricating a Kit to pump in the forced air, then the EMS and off course a 255 cc Warbro Fuel pump.
My budget is 9K, if anymore. I should condider just buying a Evo X front and rear half cut.
Have you developed a Turbo bolt on kit for the B410 1.8 Litre Inspira.
I think there is a market for this.
A Forced Inducted Inspira:
With a proper Brakes, LSD and Suspension. will do 2.45 Lap Time in Sepang.
I am a trackie!, I have a Track Satria GTI.

Last edited:

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
From what I know, Drager Kepong - tutup kedai oready. Powerzone still around but I think they're using reconditioned Eaton SC.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
interesting, too bad the 4B series, GEMA engines never had supercharger or turbocharger kits sold in large scales. maybe they should develop one for the Malaysian market

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Maybe the 4B10 1.8 is in a Lancer and it will always be overshadowed by the Turbo 4B11 which is in the Raliart and Evo versions.
Yes, its a bit of a waste as without Forced Induction, 4B10 lacks torque.
But I am sure Powerzone, and other tuners of Proton's must be looking at this.
The jump to the Evo X may be a too great jump for most Malaysians.
Ok, I hope by opening up this thread, more tuners would contribute their opinions.
And more importantly, develop a reasonably price bolt on kit supercharge or turbocharge for the Inspira 1.8.
Proton has developed a kit using Sprintex Supercharger for both the Exora and Neo 1.6 Campro.
Its a very neat kit.
Its similar to the kit develop by ATG for the Honda Jazz.
Anyway for those having a Honda City, you can buy a bolt on Kit from ATG.
Just look for ATG Sprintex in Google, I am sure you can find their web site.
The 2nd interesting fact is that it is not Proton who bought the kit but Proreka. Proreka , from their web site is an OEM parts supplier, I guess, vendor to Proton.

The trend is now set for small capacity engines to be forced fed, even a mundane sedan like a Ford Mondeo has a Turbo Charge engine, ie ECO -BOOST.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Thank you. Looks like if I wait for a short while. Bolt on Kits will be available!
Anyway, a lot of people will not mod the Inspira until they clear their 3 Years maintainence free package. But I guess that is for the masses. Petrol head like us don't care. For me, once after 10,000 KMS, if nothing breaks then I am going to void the warranty.
I used to be a V8 subie owner and I know a poor bloke that bought a MI WRX and blew the engine during the warranty period. MI refuse to honour the warranty saying that the owner put in an after market exhaust. What has an exhaust got to do with a blown engine.
That is why, at one time the whole Subaru club was anti MI.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi. i need help in installing a hks bov ssqv on a perdana v6 n/a. i heard that by placing this item on the air cleaner pipe and your intake manifold( fuel
injection ) will enable the pressure to come out the swoosh sound. is it true? but anways, anyone care to show me where is the air cleaner pipe and the intake manifold (fuel injection)? if theres a pic would be better. thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience