Spring Questions

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hi all!

I've got some questions about the springs and shocks of my car. I've asked around but I've been getting very inconclusive answers. Hopefully I can shed some light here.

I'm driving a Wira 1.5. I've replaced the original springs with APM lowered spring about 3 years ago. However, the road condition has degraded exponentially making it almost impossible to drive a lowered wira. I'm considering reverting back to my original springs but I really dislike the 'softness' of the original 1.5 Wira suspension.

My questions are:

1. Are there any other springs that have a similiar ride height with the Wira but stiffer in nature? (2nd hand or AEM)

2. Is it possible to use the original Wira springs coupled with AEM Gas Shocks? Would this increase the stifness of the ride?

3. Any suggestions or other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

vobs

Sep 3, 2005
KL
yeah would like to know bout it too....as for me, i dont like the original height clearance from the wheels, also dont like the harsh ride quality. look like lorry when u have big rims.

any branded spring that will give a reasonably low, stable and comfortable ride to our car?

TQTQ

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
1. Are there any other springs that have a similiar ride height with the Wira but stiffer in nature? (2nd hand or AEM)

2. Is it possible to use the original Wira springs coupled with AEM Gas Shocks? Would this increase the stifness of the ride?

3. Any suggestions or other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
1)yes,change ur whole suspension to the oem 1.6/1.8.

2)yes,it will slightly increase ur suspension stiffness.

3)yes,u can use back ur stock spring n match it with gas charge absorber.
try ask around about monroe sensatrac.

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
1)yes,change ur whole suspension to the oem 1.6/1.8.

2)yes,it will slightly increase ur suspension stiffness.

3)yes,u can use back ur stock spring n match it with gas charge absorber.
try ask around about monroe sensatrac.
Thanks for the feedback. A few more questions if its not too much trouble.

1. When you say 'whole suspension' are you refering to both the springs and the shocks? If I used the suspension set from a 1.6 Wira would it fit without any modifications?

2 & 3. So your suggesting using my stock springs (1.5 Wira) with monroe sensatrac shocks? Do I use this combination for both the front and rear?

Which suggestion would yield better results in terms of handling and ground clearance?

Thanks again!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience