[SOLVED] Car vibrates on cold start & during acceleration

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
Greetings to all,

Recently my humble ride Myvi has given me a sort of problem whereby the car and the dashboard vibrates during cold start, during sudden acceleration, during uphill. But this doesn't happen during cruising. Mostly the vibration comes from the right side of the car. It can be felt while u are seated at the driver seat. It comes right from there.

[SOLUTION]
Went and saw the mechanic, he say 80% the problem might be bcoz of the engine mounting. He even demo to me the problem. Quite a reliable and honest person i would say. After replacing the engine mounting, tada! problem is gone and i have the smiling factor :) The cost of it is about 160MYR and the labour charge abour 25MYR.

I would like to share this thing to everybody, at least this serves the purpose as a reference, so that we don't easily fall in the trap of mechanic. After all sharing is caring :wavey:

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
But my case abit pelik one bro danz. Vibrates oni during cold start. other than tat langsung takda. Tats y it felt like so suspicious about this.

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
yes, it was quite bad actually, the normal flat rubber on it, termasuk dalam. Adoi! lol Acceleration got vibrate. When engine idle and rev no vibration at all. That's the scenario.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
cold start RPM normally around 1200rpm which also is the rpm when u begin acceleration(idle around 800rpm) so the logic is sound that it only vibrates during cold starts n beginning of acceleration and hard acceleration. the mounting failed till a point that the engine resonance at around 1000-1300rpm passes thru the mounting...

thats my pasar malam logic la hehehehe

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
bro arturo, somehow what you say make sense. lol. Very glad that zth has very much good soul that willing to share and care their knowledge with everyone. Thus, i'm doing the same :) cheers!!

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My old Saga's bonnet vibrates too when i stop at traffic light while still on D.
If i put to N, vibration stops. Is this problem with engine mounting too?

When i open the bonnet and start the car in the morning, i see the engine
vibrates. One more thing is, even the alternator is shaking like its gonna
come off.

Is there anything on the alternator i could tighten?

Nov 12, 2012
Johor
Wow, that's kinda nice price! after some survey here in Johor, basically for the engine mount parts (3 sets) its around RM 500 for original parts, and RM 60 for labour charges.

Can share the contact number for the shop? if for you price, better just go to Melaka.

Please help, thank you.

Greetings to all,

Recently my humble ride Myvi has given me a sort of problem whereby the car and the dashboard vibrates during cold start, during sudden acceleration, during uphill. But this doesn't happen during cruising. Mostly the vibration comes from the right side of the car. It can be felt while u are seated at the driver seat. It comes right from there.

[SOLUTION]
Went and saw the mechanic, he say 80% the problem might be bcoz of the engine mounting. He even demo to me the problem. Quite a reliable and honest person i would say. After replacing the engine mounting, tada! problem is gone and i have the smiling factor :) The cost of it is about 160MYR and the labour charge abour 25MYR.

I would like to share this thing to everybody, at least this serves the purpose as a reference, so that we don't easily fall in the trap of mechanic. After all sharing is caring :wavey:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
cuppy...mind recommending the mech u send to? i got some cars from mlk that needs regular servicing there.

mike...u can try see the rubber surrounds at the mounting. if there are tears or cracks...means the mounting rubber needs replacing.

miskol...if u want honest mech in johor...i recommend the one opposite u-mall at taman U. JP Wai workshop.

Nov 12, 2012
Johor
Arturo,

i went there to change my myvi engine mounting, very recommended mechanic, like you said, honest, cheap, good works also.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

radiostar Advanced 2-Way Alarm System is suitable for all car makes.

Here's a list of car models that we have installed and the list is growing everyday!

In alphabetical order:

BMW
E36

Chevrolet
Aveo

Honda
Accord
Civic
CRX
Integra
Jazz

Kia
Picanto
Spectra

Mazda...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience