it vibrates

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
good day ya'll..
i have a problem regarding those vibration, and it is annoying.

am using a vios 06.

using advan rz 7 jj 15 inch - sime tyre astar tyre 195/50/15 - speed over 90km = nothing happend. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

it all happens when i change my new rim and it starts to vibrate.

using vossen rim 15 inch 8 jj -sime tyre astar tyre 195/50/15 - speed over 90km = vibrate, even the dude put centre cone :banghead::banghead::banghead:

thus i replace the rim and change it again to
xxr rim 15 inch back 8jj front 7jj - sime tyre astar tyre 195/50/15 - speed over 90km = still vibrate but not as bad when im using vossen.:banghead::banghead::nurse:

thus this is my first time using big jj's. i do appreciate any advise on this.

thanks...
:biggrin::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The balancing is not accurate enough, or your rims are very poor quality already hence cannot be balanced anymore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i have done wheel balancing.. it is still the same.
On wheel balancing or Off wheel balancing or have done both?

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

have you check your tyre?
He mentioned tyres on old rims no problem....

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

give it some time, maybe your car needs some time to adapt to the new rims :biggrin:
Huh! got like that one ah?......:rofl:
Tyres season I heard off.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
are you using spacers? Faulty center cone perhaps? What speeds are you feeling the vibration?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
are you using spacers? Faulty center cone perhaps? What speeds are you feeling the vibration?
First time I heard of faulty center cones, probably no exact fitting you mean.
Should not be center cones problem as vibration mentioned at 90kph above. Usually tyre off center vibrates at higher speed...

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
thanks bro's for the hit back.. :biggrin:

on that day itself i have gone to 3 different tyre/wheel shop on balancing,... but as vr2turbo have mentioned, i really dont know what is off wheel balancing.. i have never come across to that step yet, my kung-fu in car knowledge is as infant.

on tyres, i have check and even of those 3 shops have check, no bulging, no tear, its new...
bro DanzEterna, i dont know about the adapting thinggy but erm, if it should adapt i must have been adapting cuz it has been 4 days already tho.

bro Izso, they did put on spacer when i was using vossen but i ask them to remove it on the xxr.. center con they change it twice tho...
is there any alternative to this? owhh blimey... i hate this feeling....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You probably should try borrowing or temporarily swapping with a friend for testing purposes and then see if that resolves the problem. If it's still there then it's most likely not the rim or tyre, but your driveshaft.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., Off wheel balancing means normal balancing. They remove from your car, change tyres etc., then put onto their balancing machine to balance.
On wheel balancing usually is done when customer complains still have vibration on high speed. The balancing is done with the wheels still on the car. This way not only the tyre and rim are balanced but everything that are connected. While wheels are spinning can also see if rims are centralized or not. Balancing also done at higher speed then the machine off wheel balancing.
However the cons of on wheel balancing is, if you require to remove the wheels for any thing the balancing may run. One way is to mark the rim lug holes to fit back in same sequence with lug stud.

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
thanks yah... i'll sort it out this saturday... thanks again for the advise yah.. cheers..