Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Eee PC

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Guys, just to share some good news with you guys.

There is small and light notebook that come with great price to tune you standalone ECU and piggy back ECU.

ASUS Eee PC.

here are some pics that I got from my friend.

lspnkwy

Jul 12, 2006
Re: Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Ee

Wow.. how come there is such a small laptop in town??
what is the spec bro. ?
where you get the Eee PC from ?
Can use to tune wan anot ?
I try to search the website and see 1st.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Re: Small and budget notebook to tune your standalone ECU and Piggy back ECU- ASUS Ee

how much is the price bro?just wondering.:)

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

I heard the price will be RM1299

The notebook weight is only 0.9Kg with battery.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

The notebook running on Linux with Windows Xp device available that mean you can use windows xp on it. Of coz can use to tune ECU

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

the price kind of tempting....hehehe...

lspnkwy

Jul 12, 2006

Wow.. running in Linux ar... not windows meh... I dunno how to use woo... SAD!!!! so where can get Windows version EeePC?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

Superb man..
small and actrative price...

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

can load Windows XP on that Eee PC.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya

If those Standalone ECU can run on USB to Serial convertor, for sure can be set by usng Eee PC

lspnkwy

Jul 12, 2006

Hope to get close to that EeePC 1 day! aiyoo.. 1 more thing.. got HDD anot 1? getting interested..

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004

any details of the notebook and does it have a 9-pin Serial port...???...where can i buy it...?

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH

i read the reviews, tempting, it have only usb no serial port but u can always get the convertor.
but wondering when it will be launch here & the price? it will be launch at singapore in dec for slightly over S$500 for the top end version.

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004

read the review too....no 9-pin Serials....i'm not sure if most standalones can run on the Serial-to-USB converter...?...but if it does, then no prob......the only other problem could the miniscule 4GB hard disc.........

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com

The Eee PC could actually be a good tool for tuning aftermarket ECU provided if you can live with the limited space, low processing speed and limited RAM. However, if its going to be "only" used as a laptop for tuning, it should be sufficient as most ECU softwares are not power/resource hungry. Also, you'll need an external USB optical drive to install softwares. Not sure how its BIOS works but it should have an option to boot via USB device.

For laptops without a serial port, you can install virtual COM ports on Windows with modded cables such as Nokia's DKU-5 or etc. These USB cables have integrated chip inside them that allows you to install drives to trick Windows to think that your PC/laptop has serial port.

I've tried the DIY cable with E-manage and it works... even on Windows Vista. No need those expensive Serial-USB convertors.

Just my 2 cents =)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tips to improve Fuel Economy

(Applicable for all vehicles including Cars, motorcycles, trucks, bikes etc)

Here are some very good tips on improving your vehicle's Fuel Economy / Increase Fuel Efficiency / Mileage. You’ll be amazed with these techniques and tips which seem so simple yet improve Fuel Efficiency drastically. In view of increasing fuel prices it is becoming more and more prudent to use them.

Use your gears wisely
Try to switch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience