Silly mistake.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
I just did some stupid mistake just now. My hand gatal. Now headache ady.

First, I crank my engine like normal. going to work. The engine started and running ady. Then, I tried to crank it again while the engine is running. Holy shyit! the engine stalled.

After that, I try to crank again, the engine just couldn't start. :hmmmm:

Silly me! What is the problem? Starter kong caused by second cranking while engine is running?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
then . got any sound when u start again.. start got run?..starter jamned with flywheel/?/?

haha.. bro u got too many hand.. hahah

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
but normally crank 2nd time mostly no problem 1 worr...
izzit the starter jamm with the flywheel oh?

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
bro kato dun worry ....u try to remove the starter....then u can see from the starter izzit stuck...coz when start the starter gear move up and rotate the flywheel...maybe when u 2nd crank time make it stuck and can't release...

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
now there's no starter sound at all.

this is the 1st time i heard about starter jammed with flywheel. better leave it to those who study automotive to teach. hehehehe...

errmmm... can i jump start the car?
will it work?

Last edited:

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i studied this field b4, but half way only lar..haha!
actually what u can do b4 ur mechanic come is like bro caleb said, remove the starter 1st..
if lz to remove use spanner or wrench to knock on the starter..see can crank it anot..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
How about push start? Tried yet?
If the starter is jammed, I guess jump start wont work. But push start should do the trick.

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
wauwau... hang on..
push start? a new term for me. how to push start?

or did i get my term mixed up? jump start and push different? jump start to my knowledge is, you engage in 1st or 2nd gear and you push the car then you release the clutch to start the car.

how bout push start?

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
wauwau... hang on..
push start? a new term for me. how to push start?

or did i get my term mixed up? jump start and push different? jump start to my knowledge is, you engage in 1st or 2nd gear and you push the car then you release the clutch to start the car.

how bout push start?
bro..take it ez
jump start means use jumper to connect another battery to start ur car..

push start is push from behind for a certain speed release clutch on 1st or 2nd gear...

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
ahhh... i got my term mixed up. thanks for the clarification bro wong and pcmm.

mcfurby

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2005
i dont think push start n jam start will if the matter really is flywheel jam....
because flywheel will turn to move the crank shaft n move those piston, if it jam with starter, no use jamstart or push start.
just try like wat the forumer said, take out the starter....
if really lazy....called a mechanic n fix it...tats all....

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
haha...i on tis automotive line still study lah...if i say wrong anything teach me also ya....
actually i ask bro u take off the starter coz u can see urself izzit starter JAm at there or wat...if not jam at flywheel but no crank then i think u kong ur starter jor....tis is the best way coz u won't hurt or damage anything ....if u force start by push start maybe u will damage the starter or even the flywheel teeth or bla bla bla tat we dun know....
just my opinion lor...anyway ur car still din siap ah..so many days liao...y no call mech come do ..?

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
haha...i on tis automotive line still study lah...if i say wrong anything teach me also ya....
actually i ask bro u take off the starter coz u can see urself izzit starter JAm at there or wat...if not jam at flywheel but no crank then i think u kong ur starter jor....tis is the best way coz u won't hurt or damage anything ....if u force start by push start maybe u will damage the starter or even the flywheel teeth or bla bla bla tat we dun know....
just my opinion lor...anyway ur car still din siap ah..so many days liao...y no call mech come do ..?
ahh... many days? it was yesterday actually when this problem occurred.

miraculously, just now before i go to work. i try to start. IT STARTED. stupid car. and stupid tangan gatal. :biggrin: