Silicone Wiper Skipping&Jumping .....

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
gosh. all the time i thought i was facing this problem alone..

now, i stick to rubber wiperblades, genuine from EON for my wira.

and I add windscreen washer liquid from Toyota to wash/wipe during drive.

rainX does give good effect too....

rubber type wiper still works best, they last well in cold weather contries but not so in hot ones.

yip_cheng

Nov 10, 2006
i m having this problem too...anyway its a new car...so decided to apply rain x...seem to be more worst..any sifu can help?

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
After 1month+ :

the wiper still skipping once a while, and worse it got sound when i turn on wiper no matter wad speed . the sound is like ' chiiit chiiit chiit '

issit bcos of windscreen dirty or wad prob ma ?

@@ really headache cos wiper muz match with windscreen a lot lolx

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
I have the same problem last time, but I didn't use rainx at all. I clean the windscreen with all sort of cleaner. No help. At the end, i found the solution.

I use the new OEM wiper blade, no more sound. From what I heard, rubber is softer than silicone, and all those silicone wipers available in the market, you are just swapping the blades among each other when you claim warranty.

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
ur wind screen like babies lah.. sum like silicon sum like rubber..

my baby (real baby) likes rubber then silicon puting... hahhaha..

OEM is still the best evan needs changing fr time 2 time...

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
i had this problem even with rubber blade, then change to silicon it become even worse. i bought one silicon lubricant spray n they say can be use for wind screen treatment. spray some on the windscreen then some to the silicon wiper blade, the skipping gone d so far...

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Haihz .... already 2 months n the problem still persist ler ... cant really figure out the prob comes from rainx or not @@

Each time after go car wash i'll put rainx, after that wiper run smooth for 30 minutes . then it skipping again forever till i wash car again

T_T

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi norns,

wat's ur solutions to this, i have been facing this problem for 2 years now with my wira, n whenever it rains, the solutions is i just put up loud volume on my player to cover the chiit chiit chiiit!!!

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
same here! facing the same prob as well!!
im getting sick of it....

niel

Mar 11, 2006
Wipper juddering used to be my nightmare, whatever I can do, I did, until the extend of using thinner, vinegar whatever whatever to clean the glass - problem persist. I have bought almost ALL glass polisher/wax whatever whatever, even use newspaper to dry it. Some solution will work for a few wipes, then it failed.

Why? There's a chemical layer on our windscreen which smoothen the wiping process. After using Rain-X, it will react or 'change' the chemical on the windscreen and causes judder. This will also happens without Rain-X... after thousands of wiping. How long this chemical layer lasts depends on usage or how good the windscreen is made/polished.

To restore this new and smooth windscreen, you will need Cerium Oxide to polish your windscreen - Cerium(IV) oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . I have been hunting up and down for this item, but it is not easily available locally. Perhaps you should try windscreen replacement shop or other similar shops.

A lot of Singaporean finally solved the juddering problem which haunted them for yearsss by using Cerium Oxide to polish. As for me myself, I bought a set of PIAA silicone wiper (which is a mixture of rubber + silicone, which doesn't last as long as 100% silicone based wiper) and now it can wipe silky-smooth even when the windscreen is dry.

Try google wiper judder / skipping and cerium oxide as keyword. I lost the thread URL. Ebay.com has this powder for sale, but anyone willing to order to try?

Just my 0.02.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
wahlau niel, u really my life saver lar!!!! can we just import this chemical into malaysia??

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
Anyone sellign this chemical here ?

N i really need to know should i continue applying RainXwith mysilicone wiper or not lol ?

if use back my old wiper no problem pulak @@

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
For me, I use a police machine to polish Rain-X into my wind screen. I do not try to save on Rain-X when I polish my wind screen. I use enough to leave a layer that looks like it has mist on the wind screen. Then I use hand and polish off the rain-x nicely. After that, I never use my wiper at all. Light or heavy rain, the water slips away easily even at speeds of 60kmh (unsure if this is fast for some people).
I ain't sure if y'all notice it or not. I have tried various car wash liquid brands and almost none of them can give the wind screen or glass a really good clean. Especially if you park your car under a tree or plant and it rains, you'll get a thick layer of don't-know-what-it-is thing on your wind screen that even wiper wash liquid can hardly remove it. If you have problem cleaning your wind screen or glass, use detergent powder, those that you use to wash clothes, like serbuk Fab. Use those together with a sponge and give the wind screen or glass a good scrub. The dirt will come out good and clean. I use detergent powder to wash my rims too. The dirt comes out quite easily due to it's strength.
After drying up, then apply rain-x or water repellent with a polish machine. It's been working good for me all this while.

antirain

1,000 RPM
Dec 19, 2010
JOHOR
bro you all should try rain away from this forum really good item :D which can hold 1 year :D

dariusw

Dec 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Through my experiences I think the culprit is the rainx. I only use it for 3 times than I stopped using rainx and the wiper does not skip or jumping.
I've been using silicon wiper for 4 to 5 years without any kidding or jumping as I did not apply any rainx.
I straight away dump the rainx after 3 times using as it giving problems to the wiper. In other word useless.....
No offences to rainx supporter.....