Shall i total loss my car?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Write it off, your life is worth more than all the money in the world (to you).

If you feel your life isn't worth that much, then sure, fix it.

triplerotor

Jul 23, 2005
miri
only front end kan? the roof windscreen still ok.
if no choice repair. if got extra money buy new car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
guys thanks for those valuable advises and it seems all suggest to write it off.... at the moment i also have the same thought but it still depends on the insurance right? ......i will see how then....TQVM:)
Yup, let us know the insurance outcome.
I have one friend, Honda City one year old, back end got crush by SUV. He wanted to total lost, but Insurance say no. Total repair cost RM25k, car worth RM70k (I think)
Another friend old car, Citroen ZX worth RM8k, Back end hit badly by another car. Repairs like around RM10k, insurance just pay as total lost.....:rolleyes:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Sorry for ur loss, total loss it better... re-do back & it'll never be the same again...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if u still find the engine to be sumwhat fine,boleh bekki lagi ler,den total it and buy it from d insurance company as scrap metal. u can still register d engine in another car,but d chasis cant use anymore ler

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
just my opinion and share from my past experiance..

share past experiance first lah..
my car accident few years ago..and quite bad..workshop said insurance want to declare total lost..
QUESTION IS - TOTAL LOST..they pay some money if i not mistake..depend on market value less or more and the total lost car become to insurance property..QUESTION you should ask yourself..HOW MANY GOOD STUFF at your car..izzit worth it..for my case sure not lah..coz engine, extractor, bar..is ok and not effect at all. (my car hit barrier devider and damaged left structure front fender & chasis)

so i decide to repair and from adjuster recommend i see amount around 15K..so insurance still cover.. at the same time i get all necessary document from JPJ..to ensure all legal. it take 6 months to get my car get out from workshop.

after come out from workshop, go to puspakom check everything, get endorsed by JPJ. after that i bring to my trusted workshop and check back the the repair work and notice 1 inch left front chasis lower then right side after i want to install fender bar.

what i do next..get ae111 gt halfcut and replace with front chasis (just get experiance guy to do it) and till today i have no problem with aligment/handling..still enjoy on the road...only passion and money..

for your case
i'm in opinion ask they to repair what they can repair. then find ae111 chasis (can get from workshop install halfcut) no need to by halfcut unless u want bodypart also..then find good workshop that can do transplant or operate chasis. just spend few thousand only...compare you get another car buy halfcut agian install go to puspakom..etc..

just sharing n opinion only...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

opss get 101 4 door halfcut..your car year 92 sorry

Last edited:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
A pillar seems intact, if insurance total lost it, its most probably because of price not drivability. The other day when I had some small accident in the front, the workshop filed RM7000 for claim and insurance agreed on RM4000 which I think is still way off.

Since your car is worth around rm6-7k according to insurance, they will most probably not want to fix it, its a business decision, nothing about the condition of the car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A pillar seems intact, if insurance total lost it, its most probably because of price not drivability. The other day when I had some small accident in the front, the workshop filed RM7000 for claim and insurance agreed on RM4000 which I think is still way off.

Since your car is worth around rm6-7k according to insurance, they will most probably not want to fix it, its a business decision, nothing about the condition of the car.
Exactly, just like my post above. Over insurance amount they might as well pay you your insurance amount which is less....:rolleyes:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
just my opinion and share from my past experiance..

share past experiance first lah..
my car accident few years ago..and quite bad..workshop said insurance want to declare total lost..
QUESTION IS - TOTAL LOST..they pay some money if i not mistake..depend on market value less or more and the total lost car become to insurance property..QUESTION you should ask yourself..HOW MANY GOOD STUFF at your car..izzit worth it..for my case sure not lah..coz engine, extractor, bar..is ok and not effect at all. (my car hit barrier devider and damaged left structure front fender & chasis)

so i decide to repair and from adjuster recommend i see amount around 15K..so insurance still cover.. at the same time i get all necessary document from JPJ..to ensure all legal. it take 6 months to get my car get out from workshop.

after come out from workshop, go to puspakom check everything, get endorsed by JPJ. after that i bring to my trusted workshop and check back the the repair work and notice 1 inch left front chasis lower then right side after i want to install fender bar.

what i do next..get ae111 gt halfcut and replace with front chasis (just get experiance guy to do it) and till today i have no problem with aligment/handling..still enjoy on the road...only passion and money..

for your case
i'm in opinion ask they to repair what they can repair. then find ae111 chasis (can get from workshop install halfcut) no need to by halfcut unless u want bodypart also..then find good workshop that can do transplant or operate chasis. just spend few thousand only...compare you get another car buy halfcut agian install go to puspakom..etc..

just sharing n opinion only...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

opss get 101 4 door halfcut..your car year 92 sorry
Money talks :adore:

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
hmmm....still pending adjuster to inspect the car.....

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
total lost the car, take the insurance money and put as a downpayment for a new car or buy a used car. Forget about repairing it. end of story. BTW, due to it is your mistake for hammered it onto a lamp post, you cannot get away from not paying anything. So fork out some money for replacing the car will not able to be avoided.

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
can I know which workshop you send. because from my experience adjuster will only come in seven working day after a number of documents were submitted to the insurance. documents are
1.id card
2.driving license
3.car card registration
4.insurance policy
(All this must be current and photostat front and rear)
5. police report or decision of the case from the police

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Its not about workshop, its about your insurance company. Some company are well known slow, some are very fast.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
better be safe than sorry. Ask for advice from foreman that handle your car, if they say no then you should pull out. glad that you're fine

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello.......to all modification 'otai'2 & Drag GodFather:adore:..........
I really need your advise/help for recommend me to which shop/garrage that expert modified BREMBO 4POT front & BREMBO 2POT rear to my WAJA :hmmmm:.... More preferred any garrage located at northern side such as Perak,Penang,Kedah,Perlis if not any expert garrage also can. :D Really need help.....! Any advise,guided,foreman charge,costing are very welcome.......Thank you very much..... ! :wavey:

Maju Lah Sukan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience