SGti with bolt on turbo. legal or illegal?

izayn

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
wangsa maju
Need to know wether it is legal or illegal if standard original Satria Gti with bolt on turbo kit. as far as im concern proton does sell Satria Gti turbo kits. i need to know what happen if jpj finds out. will they ask to go for inspection or will they advice to disamble back the turbo kits.

Anyone with experience pls answer???thanks guys

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
izayn said:
Need to know wether it is legal or illegal if standard original Satria Gti with bolt on turbo kit. as far as im concern proton does sell Satria Gti turbo kits. i need to know what happen if jpj finds out. will they ask to go for inspection or will they advice to disamble back the turbo kits.

Anyone with experience pls answer???thanks guys
hmm if PROTON is selling then there is no means of illegal lo ..its legal wise

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
SUBJECTIVE to the JPJ officer:

If JPJ officer desperate for cash - BOT is illegal
If JPJ officer good mood - BOT is legal

so if u have a BOT... keep ur fingers crossed! hahaa

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, knowing that jpj have a very vague set fo guideline to follow. The interpretation of the guideline itself is oso very subjective....

I 've seen jpj officers disagreed with each other before....

beyond_4896

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
aiks... muz like tat sometime disagree btw them.

Cuz rule also ppl make de derite..

awos_84

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
yaya... its up to them cos even every district got their own rule

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
alvin24 said:
SUBJECTIVE to the JPJ officer:

If JPJ officer desperate for cash - BOT is illegal
If JPJ officer good mood - BOT is legal

so if u have a BOT... keep ur fingers crossed! hahaa
wat u say is totally correct
i giv full support to ur statement

silent_driver

Aug 20, 2005
Cheras
i donno about bolt on turbo but i'm sure i read a magazine about SGTi using bolt on supercharger... if I not mistaken Majalah Kereta this month issue..

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Guys ,
Even though proton do have their own torbo product doesn't mean that it is legal to be bolt in . Proton introduced their turbo for racing purpose and the want to show that they are capable of producing racing parts .

Lets make it clear ...... what kind of turbo or what size of turbo that are bolt in ,,,,,,,,, are illegal . Does matter TD , proton , SR or .....ect .....

As long as there is a snail in your bonet .... sudah salah due ....

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
snail......lol

don park near padang.....some snails stick on your car the illegal liao

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
lol .. maybe you should go to jpj website and have a check first or go consult Proton to see if legal anot ..more better hehe

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
G_ti,
Last I checked... There's no JPJ rule that specifically said no bolt on turbo allowed. JPJ's guidelines are very very general. Thats the reason why I said whether or not it is illegal would strongly depend on whether the JPJ officer good mood or not... or whether he desperate for cash or not. =Þ

The most general rule of them all would be "illegal modification to vehicle". If they don't like you... changing to an open pod air filter also they'll say is "illegal modification".

Unlike the US where there have very specifically divided road legal and non-road legal mods... Malaysia PURELY depends on JPJ officer's mood. =Þ

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The cat’s almost out of the bag as this sexy new Jaguar concept will be unveiled live at the Paris Motor Show tomorrow. Jaguar aimed to create a concept that was equally beautiful as it was innovative and technologically advanced...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience