SGTI need upgrade ...

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
SGTI,,,rians ..

My gti needs modification . Currenlty , run with every thing in stock . Pls , give me idea's , as your experience are the most valuable and i'm will appericiate it .

I'm a bit confused with few mechanics , as their info's always clash with 1 to 1 . Thats why , i need info .... from all the brothers out there that are using GTI .

FYI ,,,,
1 ) Mine ECU is MMC .
***** Planning to install SAFC .
++++ Is , there will be any improvements after install this gagdet .
2 ) Piping still remains stock .
***** Planning to plug out plug out the current 3 bullets and use only 1 bullet .
++++ So , wht type of bullet , that i need to use ?? :dancing2: :dancing2:
3 ) Injector stock .
***** Planning to change it to evo injector .
++++ Is this can be done and worth it ??? :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

Pls correct me if i'm wrong and pls add in more mod's . :rock: :rock: :rock:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
1. Install the SAFC only after you've done some mods... or you'll probably gain only about 2 - 4hp.

2. Change the whole piping la. No point modifying the standard one. a 2" piping from the extractor to the back would be optimum.

3. Your car would be running way too rich on fuel... you wont even be able to let your engine idle, unless you tune it with a SAFC or piggyback. Even then, no point to have big injectors when you dont have alot of air intake.

Im sure you've already changed the air filter?

Other mods, steps accordingly (IMO):
Adj.Cam pulley + advanced ignition timing
Bore throttle body/intake manifold to 60mm - be prepared to encounter low end jerkiness.

High compression metal gaskets (0.4-0.6mm)
Port and polish engine head. Do the above and this together.

Install SAFC\Piggyback\Rechip

Anymore than these will be costing quite a bit of money. :)

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
BRO .. zeroed ...

I have few question .... it's in red colour ... Pls answer it if possible
TQ

1. Install the SAFC only after you've done some mods... or you'll probably gain only about 2 - 4hp.

2. Change the whole piping la. No point modifying the standard one. a 2" piping from the extractor to the back would be optimum.

**** What size should i use ??? Can i remain the extractor and the stock muffeler ???

3. Your car would be running way too rich on fuel... you wont even be able to let your engine idle, unless you tune it with a SAFC or piggyback. Even then, no point to have big injectors when you dont have alot of air intake.

Im sure you've already changed the air filter?

*** No , still using the stock air box ....

Other mods, steps accordingly (IMO):
Adj.Cam pulley + advanced ignition timing
Bore throttle body/intake manifold to 60mm - be prepared to encounter low end jerkiness.

High compression metal gaskets (0.4-0.6mm)
Port and polish engine head. Do the above and this together.

**** Can i just change the gasket without port n polish ??

Install SAFC\Piggyback\Rechip

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
gti mod?? easY maaa... :rock:

standard is it?? 1st of aLL u r mod for street race??
can heLp u, dun worrY....
1 get the mivec head+wiring++ECU...(do the port & poLish)
2 adj cam puLLeY...(get the best foreman for the cam degrees and piston setting)
3 no need Laa to use safc, safc is optionaL (new cost u RM1400 without instaLLation) get the Greddy e-manage sYstems(new onLY RM1500++)....(better mapping for fueL and ignition)
4 change u'r fueL pump, get the evo, vR4 or the RB26.(kedai potong one)
5 changing the injectors is optionaL Let saY u'r sandard injectors cant suppLY enough fueL, onLy then u change u'r fueL injectors..
6 of coz Laaa instaLL the fueL reguLator...
7 piping whoLe set use 2.2" & get the originaL 5zigen muffLers fr. kedai potong tis one wiLL cost u abt RM450 on the muffLers onLy... hehehehee.... :rock:
8 air fiLter standard one oLso can use.... (trY 1st)
9 find the standard vR4 standard one..... trY side bY side drag 300m, he he he he..... sure u'LL be infront..... :rock:

:dancing2:

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
zakie said:
gti mod?? easY maaa... :rock:

standard is it?? 1st of aLL u r mod for street race??
can heLp u, dun worrY....
1 get the mivec head+wiring++ECU...(do the port & poLish)
2 adj cam puLLeY...(get the best foreman for the cam degrees and piston setting)
3 no need Laa to use safc, safc is optionaL (new cost u RM1400 without instaLLation) get the Greddy e-manage sYstems(new onLY RM1500++)....(better mapping for fueL and ignition)
4 change u'r fueL pump, get the evo, vR4 or the RB26.(kedai potong one)
5 changing the injectors is optionaL Let saY u'r sandard injectors cant suppLY enough fueL, onLy then u change u'r fueL injectors..
6 of coz Laaa instaLL the fueL reguLator...
7 piping whoLe set use 2.2" & get the originaL 5zigen muffLers fr. kedai potong tis one wiLL cost u abt RM450 on the muffLers onLy... hehehehee.... :rock:
8 air fiLter standard one oLso can use.... (trY 1st)
9 find the standard vR4 standard one..... trY side bY side drag 300m, he he he he..... sure u'LL be infront..... :rock:

YOOO BRO ZAKIE ...

1 )**** I heard that when we change to mivec head + wiring++ECU , then the car will be running in 1.6cc mode . Is't true ??? Does the port and polish necessary ???? Appromaxitely , how much will it cost to get the mivec units ???

:rock: :tee: :tee:

2 ) **** Can you pls explain how this adjustable cam pulley functions ??? If i'm not mistaken , cam gears are choosen depending on the quantity of the teeths on the gear . If i'm correct , how many teeth of cam gear should i use ?

:dancing2: :dancing2:

3 ) ****For the piping , can i remain the stock muffler ??? Coz , i'm a bit uneasy with noise ...

:dancing2: :dancing2:

4 ) **** Ok , bro .... every should be followed step by step right ? So , which 1 should i do 1st . Of course i'm not afford to do all at 1 time ,,,, u know lah ....

:tee: :tee: :tee: :tee:

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
bro,
whats ur budget?
if u state here ur budget, there will b a lot of plp here that can help u without giving any ridiculous answers...
all the ideas n answers r according to ur $$$...

exhaust piping, open pod filter, safc n a fuel regulator is a gud mod to start with...
u dont need an evo injector, coz its too big, n a 200+cc injector would b juz fine.. no need to change the fuel pump if the fuel supply is perfect...
start with basic mods followed by some other parts such as racing cams, cam pulley, internals n some other stuffs... start frm the basic..

mivec head? thats kinda xtreme... u need to change or re-adjust lot'sa part mainly internals n also the brains.. but if u r keen in doing it, its up to u..:wink:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Buy new car la...

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Rattan ....

Let me make it a bit clear for you , maybe you're in a wrong channel .

In this topic , we are talking about MODIFICATIONS and not about repairing . If we are talking about trouble shooting and it's very hard to find a good solution or there is no 1 can help . Then i can consider about buying a new car .

Is this clears your path ..... dude . :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :secruity:

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
haiyo kawan...... :cool:
:albertein
Like this Laa, gti, are u mods u'r cars for fast Lane use (daiLy use) or u'r making u'r car for a "cari wang poket" one........
and teLL me are u wiLLing to sacrifice u'r moneY on N/a mods whereLse the expenditure is verY high..... :secruity:
Lets saY Laa if u have RM10k in u'r hands for mod u'r 1.8car,
i asure u wiLL send aLL of the moneY on the upgrading, but
unfortunateLy the best resuLt u can get is, side bY side with B16B (type R) v-tech upgrade one,sure "dua tiang" Left behind,how then if a B18C (tYpe R) is asking for a drag with u, more the B18c wiLL sure give u a handicap start 1car infront, at the end stiLL u Lose, :thumpdown
so whY waste moneY on N/a mods?? go for turbo Laaa where the cost is about the same..... :rock:

changing the heads wiLL not effect the c.c. of the originaL bLock... :rock:
coz the c.c. of each cars is depend of the bLock itseLf, ppL using the miVec head its becoz the head is more reLiabLe rather than the originaL stock....thats mean miVec head couLd stand the high compression of the modification that u made to the machine. :tee:
muffLers?? u mean the standard muffLers?? unease with the noise?? sure can, but u wont get the power that u wanna feeL.
noise is the things that u'LL face in motorsport worLd, cant hide from it, best Lorrrr the noise..... its sound music to mY ears.. :rock:
LastLy u'r asking which one come 1st, ok Laaa u'r going to mods u'r 1.8car, just foLLow mY step that i've oredi give u previousLy.. :rolleyes:

i'LL do the costing 4 u k....
1 get the mivec head+wiring++ECU...(do the port & poLish)RM3000max(without bLock)
2 adj cam puLLeY...(get the best foreman for the cam degrees and piston setting)RM700max
3 no need Laa to use safc, safc is optionaL (new cost u RM1400 without instaLLation) get the Greddy e-manage sYstems(new onLY RM1500++)....(better mapping for fueL and ignition)RM2000max
4 change u'r fueL pump, get the evo, vR4 or the RB26.(kedai potong one)RM200max
5 changing the injectors is optionaL Let saY u'r sandard injectors cant suppLY enough fueL, onLy then u change u'r fueL injectors..no need
6 of coz Laaa instaLL the fueL reguLator...RM400max
7 piping whoLe set use 2.2" & get the originaL 5zigen muffLers fr. kedai potong tis one wiLL cost u abt RM450 on the muffLers onLy... hehehehee....RM1000max
8 instaLL the racing cam+vaLve spring fr HKS...RM3000 optionaL
9 get the mivec LSD gearbox RM1200optionaL
10 racing cLutch RM1000optionaL

so roughLy it wiLL cost u around RM12,500.00 this is the figure 4 upgrading u'r 1.8car. u can do it one bY one or Lump sum....
depend on the thickness of u'r waLLet. :rock:

peace man--- weLkam to motorsport worLd !!!!! :rock:

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
u can try to look for GTIEVO3 in the Forced Induction forum.. he's done it all.. convert NA.. then transplant.. can learn from his experience bro.. My experience with my GTi was change to Pipercross element, decat, SAFC and better plugs.. total on wheel dyno was around 133hp.. then changed rear Sebring muffler n grounding.. didn't dyno.. good luck bro

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Hie ... all ,
Actually , the purpose of upgrading is just for my satisfaction only . I have been using my GTI for a quite long time already and i feel like the power is not enough . Thats why i want to upgrade it little bit.

FYI ,
I need a mod specification that can tapow a normally low end mod 4G93's . I don't need upgrades like the 1 BRO ZAKIE told .
It's really a hardcore mod .

1 )Any 1 can tell me , wht is the HP for normall standard 4g93 GTI engine ?
2 ) What are the things that i need to do , if i jst want to plug in SAFC only ? I really admire the look of the safc monitor on a car dash bd .
I'm from Penang and in penang there is no place for dyno tune . I'll be in KL on march for the upcoming F1 . So, i really need to do some thing to my car before i want to go to KL . There i want to do dyno tuning .

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
G_ti said:
SGTI,,,rians ..

My gti needs modification . Currenlty , run with every thing in stock . Pls , give me idea's , as your experience are the most valuable and i'm will appericiate it .

I'm a bit confused with few mechanics , as their info's always clash with 1 to 1 . Thats why , i need info .... from all the brothers out there that are using GTI .

FYI ,,,,
1 ) Mine ECU is MMC .
***** Planning to install SAFC .
++++ Is , there will be any improvements after install this gagdet .
2 ) Piping still remains stock .
***** Planning to plug out plug out the current 3 bullets and use only 1 bullet .
++++ So , wht type of bullet , that i need to use ?? :dancing2: :dancing2:
3 ) Injector stock .
***** Planning to change it to evo injector .
++++ Is this can be done and worth it ??? :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

Pls correct me if i'm wrong and pls add in more mod's . :rock: :rock: :rock:
Bro

Might as well you spend abt Rm6000 for supercharger kit, by Voltz Hybrid, look under forced induction section on GTI supercharger kit by Gerard(featured in this month's Hypertune). Can run both NA and Supercharged at the flick of a switch using Obit Piggyback. Confirm puashati, boleh tapau GSR, Mivec and Vtecs..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I understand that PU rubber material is very hard to repair but not impossible. Does anyone have any idea on what works well with PU?

My PU bumper had a big hole due to the ex-owner's oversized muffler. Most shops didn't know how to fix it except for a welder who suggested to cover the hole by riveting a piece of aluminium sheet and knocking it to shape. Indeed it was a good job! After repainting, it looked like nothing has ever happened!

Just wondering if you guys have tried other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience