Setting or tuning p30 ecu a/f ratio

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Hi Sifus,

I just wanna ask anyone who can help me..... i bought p30 box rechip to dunno what mapping. This is done together during converting from auto to manual trans, before that my when i fill rm50 they can go about 300km but now it only go 250 for the same price. How do i gonna set the a/f to better setting since i'm not onto modding heavily.... just plug, cables and fat leach simota air filter....

I try once go to a workshop to tune my car but the apek ask: Do you have rechip ecu.... if yes tuning a/f cannot be done because it will cause trouble to ecu and engine? Does this really happen?

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
Hi Sifus,

I just wanna ask anyone who can help me..... i bought p30 box rechip to dunno what mapping. This is done together during converting from auto to manual trans, before that my when i fill rm50 they can go about 300km but now it only go 250 for the same price. How do i gonna set the a/f to better setting since i'm not onto modding heavily.... just plug, cables and fat leach simota air filter....

I try once go to a workshop to tune my car but the apek ask: Do you have rechip ecu.... if yes tuning a/f cannot be done because it will cause trouble to ecu and engine? Does this really happen?
before you use auto? now u use manual?..
If that so.. u must have a heavy foot then...tarik tarik tarik.
Actually theres no need to change ECU if you wanna change from auto to manual.
Just few soldering and splicing .. everything done.. google is the answer..

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
before you use auto? now u use manual?..
If that so.. u must have a heavy foot then...tarik tarik tarik.
Actually theres no need to change ECU if you wanna change from auto to manual.
Just few soldering and splicing .. everything done.. google is the answer..
Haha....that is when the early stage after transplant.....quite heavy footed..... but now not anymore....but sometimes does.....the mileage i got during normal driving.... town or highway will give same value.....

Actually at first, i did just wanna bypass the error by rewiring but thought wanna try rechip.... so that is the path i taken...... then i feel my car as not the same as other FC.... so wanna retune for better FC.....

Last edited:

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
uhuhuuh care for hondata? gre8 stuff

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Ayiiak..... hondata????? Burn holes on my pocket......

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u cannot retune the ecu without programmable management. unless u get a custom chip installed with custom mappings etc specific to ur car....which requires dyno tuning... i heard this will cost about RM700.

other cheap options would be SAFC or VAFC. about RM6-700 used.

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
So... the easiest way to get better FC is to find standard p30 ecu back...... other than that.... who are selling chips that i can refer to???

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
u cannot retune the ecu without programmable management. unless u get a custom chip installed with custom mappings etc specific to ur car....which requires dyno tuning... i heard this will cost about RM700.

other cheap options would be SAFC or VAFC. about RM6-700 used.
here in kuching pro dyno offer me rm450 with rechip,tune and dyno...:biggrin: tune a/f and ignition

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody tell me the piston size for 4g91, 4g92 sohc, dohc,mivec, 4g93. Is it possible to rebore 4g91 block to fit in 4g93 piston? Any side effect or other parts need to change? Really appreciate u guys help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience