Selam from Turkey

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
Hello everyone.

I am a proton user from Turkey. I own a 99 model year Proton Persona (Wira I guess) 418GLXi 4g93p with 4 speed auto. I am very pleased with the car as it is really well built and can take a punishment. However we don't have all that many protons over here, there were only about 7000 impoted between 97-2000 and now newer versions are imported, namely gen2 and impian (waja). I have tried to find a shop manual for this car but have had no chance so far. does anyone by any chance have one? also I was wondering if front seats from a 218 will fit into 418. Is there any company that will ship performance and stock parts fro proton to Turkey with an internet site. Also can someone tell me the conversion rate of RM to USD or Euro... Thanks.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi... welcome to zth....
of all ur questions above... can only give u 2 information...

try this halfcut shop: http://www.munleeauto.com/index.htm
it is one of the largest second hand automobile spare parts supplier in malaysia.... not sure if they do shipping to turkey... try contact them for more info...

u can do ur currency converter here: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
salam,
u can option for any mitsubishi performance parts assume that you are on 4g93 rite?based on 4g93t GSR.for your info, proton did not make many performance parts but yes on cosmetics

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
Thanks everyone for the answers.

For Skywalker, yes I have the 4g93 sohc engine with 115 hp.

And for Grixism
Actually what I mean by performance parts is basically an inbox filter, perhaps a high performance spark wire set and maybe a nice exhaust. Also the car's ride height is very low considering the conditions of roads in Turkey, I constantly seem to bump the underside of the car. Is there any way to increase the ride height?

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
ok, i understand.as for spark wire u can use aftermarket one and also can custom the exhaust with some branded catback as u will. since u're in turkey, does evo1 or 2 or 3 or any lancer (the likes) familiar there??u can use those cars parts as for suspension setup

aras2217

Known Member
Jul 1, 2006
selam

hi Mr Yilmaz
i am Aras
i am stduying in malaysia
actually i am from Turkey
i have also wira
maybe we can share something....

yilmaz101

Nov 10, 2006
Aras,
Of course, thanks for the offer (çalışmalarında başarılar dilerim, hangi bölüm?)

Grixism,

Here in Turkey we are very unfortunate, we had the lancer and galant imported between I think 1988-1991 so we have the old old lancer (but no evo), the Evo's in Turkey start from VI and are current up to IX. But no joy on the Evo I-III (which are proton compattible) We have the new lancer being imported from 2004 onwards. Between 1998 and 2004 we only got the charisma (Mitsubishi made in Netherlands ). The charisma has a GDI (direct gas injection) version of the 4G93 but I'm not sure if parts are compattible as it has a different block head. But I'll look around for some nice plug wires and I have found K&N filter from America....