SATRIA 1.6 - Seeking advices for TUNING & UPGRADES

N E O

Known Member
Mar 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
first go for basic engine mods - open pod/drop in, full exhaust system
second upgrade your brakes (evo), adjustable suspension (hlsh), install bars and better tyres

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I guess mine max can go to 130hp

Anyways, its fine, im a newbie
Depending on what mods you do as a healthy 4G92 SOHC motor can roughly generate about 115 to 120 whp (dynojet) on average to the wheels with a nice 135 to 140Nm of wheel torque

#OGPIM

Known Member
Jul 9, 2016
KUALA LUMPUR
Depending on what mods you do as a healthy 4G92 SOHC motor can roughly generate about 115 to 120 whp (dynojet) on average to the wheels with a nice 135 to 140Nm of wheel torque
Hmmmm....
Paham.
My mechanic told me currently my 1.6 is at 90++ whp

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Hmmmm....
Paham.
My mechanic told me currently my 1.6 is at 90++ whp
Then you can do this list:-

Perdana Sei TB + port match stock intake manifold
Road spec fast camshaft (26x duration)
Ported cylinder head
K&N drop in air filter
Exhaust mods
E-manage Blue piggyback

The above done should be able to net you around 110whp to 120whp (rough estimation on DynoJet)

Assuming it is standard 4G92p internals with good static compression readings and a manual GB :biggrin:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
the engine is adequate for newbies...since u hade a budget constraints i strongly suggest to save up for engine modification later...cheap but reasonable upgrade if anything is stock probably start with the extractor 1st...good extractor can unlease few ponnies...match with better air filter and a good plug u can feel more throttle responsif...with this simple mod stock brake system is enough for uphill genting...

and then goes to the rim...most satrias uphill genting regular uses 15" with 195/50/15 or 195/55/15 rubber...a cheap good tyre ranging between 150-220...try to get the bestes tyre u can get within ur budget limit...cheap 15" rim starts from rm650 for ciplak...

but touge...even with stock car...adjustable is a must...last time when im with lowered spring and standard shock i feel i already fast enogh...but when i got a chance to ride my frens car with adjustable shox my perception totally changed...for me...harder shox and lower the car gives better handling to tackle the genting corner...

so...when do u want to mod ur car ur when can we drive to genting together?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Then you can do this list:-

Perdana Sei TB + port match stock intake manifold
Road spec fast camshaft (26x duration)
Ported cylinder head
K&N drop in air filter
Exhaust mods
E-manage Blue piggyback

The above done should be able to net you around 110whp to 120whp (rough estimation on DynoJet)

Assuming it is standard 4G92p internals with good static compression readings and a manual GB :biggrin:
i know that spec.. :driver::driver:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
adj abs...>1.5k ok la
cheapo one...u'll not satisfied..trust me, dh try hahah
205/45/16 tyre pon ok

#OGPIM

Known Member
Jul 9, 2016
KUALA LUMPUR
the engine is adequate for newbies...since u hade a budget constraints i strongly suggest to save up for engine modification later...cheap but reasonable upgrade if anything is stock probably start with the extractor 1st...good extractor can unlease few ponnies...match with better air filter and a good plug u can feel more throttle responsif...with this simple mod stock brake system is enough for uphill genting...

and then goes to the rim...most satrias uphill genting regular uses 15" with 195/50/15 or 195/55/15 rubber...a cheap good tyre ranging between 150-220...try to get the bestes tyre u can get within ur budget limit...cheap 15" rim starts from rm650 for ciplak...

but touge...even with stock car...adjustable is a must...last time when im with lowered spring and standard shock i feel i already fast enogh...but when i got a chance to ride my frens car with adjustable shox my perception totally changed...for me...harder shox and lower the car gives better handling to tackle the genting corner...

Thanks mate...

Will start my mods once save up enough.
But had been practicing frequently on open roads.
Now being fickle

- engine performance or
- handling upgrades ?

Whats your ride?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
1st go for handling/safety upgrades then only power..x point having lotsa power when u x have control

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Good plugs as in iridium plugs? I feel like trying basic mods like extractor (4-1) and good plugs on my 4G15.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To me for plugs makes no difference, maybe smoother engine but power same....:driver:
Then I suppose I shall not bother with plugs until it is time to change them. Normally how many km do they last? For ordinary ones.

How about plug cables? Do they make any difference?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
plug cables oso dont bother unless ur having issues with them.

get ur brakes done first.. then handling parts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tracing from a few years back, Malaysia had suddenly experienced a supercar boom on its roads with a lot of high-end, mega-horsepowered European marquees becoming a choice for the rich and famous. But it is not only the “common” exotics like the Ferrari F430 or anything from the Porsche family line that roams the streets of Malaysia, as the limited-run ultra rare beasts like the 599 GTO or the LP 670-4...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience