Satria 1.6 handbrake and brake

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
My car's handbrake does not work at all even after tightening the handbrake cable. Haven't changed the handbrake cable as yet but are there anything else i should look at? I plan to do a full service on all 4 disc brakes and change my brake hoses. How much will the cost be like?

regards

waikiki

500 RPM
Mar 16, 2004
Damansara, PJ
Visit site
How is the condition of your rear brakepads ?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if not mistaken skimming disc brakes bout rm40-60 each,
pro rs hoses braided hoses rm200++ i think. - ask andy@rev performance
service piston kit on calipers - not sure but cheap2 only. use MMC ones.

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
the condition of the rear brake pads are bout 70% at least, but i doubt there is an issue with the piston because when i drive i can hear grinding noises from the rear itself. I am afraid the piston is jamming up...

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

if not mistaken skimming disc brakes bout rm40-60 each,
pro rs hoses braided hoses rm200++ i think. - ask andy@rev performance
service piston kit on calipers - not sure but cheap2 only. use MMC ones.
Owh thanks for the info bro, i was intending for pro RS also as my car is old, so i thought of getting the rubbers away for braided ones

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if the piston is jamming up like wat happened to me.
when your car is stationary u let go your handbrakes & brakes. if your car dont roll behind means pistons will jam up soon.

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
if the piston is jamming up like wat happened to me.
when your car is stationary u let go your handbrakes & brakes. if your car dont roll behind means pistons will jam up soon.
Well for now it moves bro as my handbrakes are bad (10% working), i think the handbrake cant screw in to move the piston for handbraking. Where as the brakes, i need to overhaul i guess.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
this is common problem for proton 1.6 and above with rear disc brake....

try service the rear caliper...and use better brakepad...and don't forget to put some lubricant on the cable so it move easily when pulling handbrake....

*one trick to get your handbrake grip enough to stop your car from moving while parking:: press brake paddle while engine was on and pull the handbrake in the same time...then release your foot brake then switch off your engine...tadaaaaa...now no need to put in gear while parking anymore.... :biggrin:

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
this is common problem for proton 1.6 and above with rear disc brake....

try service the rear caliper...and use better brakepad...and don't forget to put some lubricant on the cable so it move easily when pulling handbrake....

*one trick to get your handbrake grip enough to stop your car from moving while parking:: press brake paddle while engine was on and pull the handbrake in the same time...then release your foot brake then switch off your engine...tadaaaaa...now no need to put in gear while parking anymore.... :biggrin:
I think i will try the service method first when i get time, thank you for the heads up bro appreciate it

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just get atf cooler..but dunno how to install it..can teach me how to install it??..my car is kia spectra
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience