Samsung Galaxy Note 2 anyone?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Its for the guy who wants a tablet. This PHABLET will do the job of a phone and tablet.
its like Britney Spears, not a girl not yet a woman... this one not a phone but not yet a tablet.

Good buy.. for gadget..buy it when it first come out for maximum bang of bucks. Imagine if you bought iPhone 4S when it launch, you already use a year..if you buy 3 months ago and now iPhone 5 out..you bang balls lah.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Its for the guy who wants a tablet. This PHABLET will do the job of a phone and tablet.
its like Britney Spears, not a girl not yet a woman... this one not a phone but not yet a tablet.

Good buy.. for gadget..buy it when it first come out for maximum bang of bucks. Imagine if you bought iPhone 4S when it launch, you already use a year..if you buy 3 months ago and now iPhone 5 out..you bang balls lah.
Like that same here if banged a girl from the moment I met her then later another girl comes along, I have been banging the first one for a year and I can start a second chapter with the second one. What happen to the first one? Another guy picks her up and start another round. For me is like this, if the phone serves me well even after 3 years I would still keep it unless it starts to lose productivity. I still keep my Nokia 6300 because it never fails and save me when my Samsung assmartphone fails.
I think it more like not a girl and not a guy... something in between.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Like that same here if banged a girl from the moment I met her then later another girl comes along, I have been banging the first one for a year and I can start a second chapter with the second one. What happen to the first one? Another guy picks her up and start another round. For me is like this, if the phone serves me well even after 3 years I would still keep it unless it starts to lose productivity. I still keep my Nokia 6300 because it never fails and save me when my Samsung assmartphone fails.
I think it more like not a girl and not a guy... something in between.

Cannot compare girl and phone la. You can teach a girl new positions and patterns but you can't teach a Nokia 6300 to play Angry Birds.

Not a girl and not a guy? Ah kua? :rofl:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I'll buy this note 2 for Rm2.5k if it is dual sim model. Since it can't full fill my minimum requirement, I rather wait for those china replica with dual sim which sell for only few hundred rm.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Okay guys I took the plunge and bought the note 2 at the Pavilion earlier in the-evening. It was from the Samsung stone RM2299.

I'm actually Writing this post with the stylus. Pretty cool I must say although It need some getting used to. I'm using the Note 2 as a secondary device for now as the switch from iphone isnt as seamless as I thought. This is also my first android device.

My thoughts in chronological order:
- iphone users will never get over the cheaper plastic look and feel.
- It's like samsung galaxy = GTR and iphone = 911 Turbo
- screen is huge which is good
- screen hue seem substantially more brownish
- screen colour overpowering but adjustments from settings helped
- if you make mistakes typing fast on iphone, its the same fate with bigger screen
- bigger keyboard feels easier the fingers
- not as right out of the box ease of use as the iphone.
- android offers endless customizations but the problem is it painfully needs to be before use
- the invisible back button next to the home button is as irritating as it is useful
- it fits in my jeans pocket easily and I can sit without problems and doesnt bulge like the iphone
- I had to buy Need For Speed Most Wanted again which I bought on iphone yesterday.

All in all I think I'm starting to like it but at a slow pace

Good luck with yours

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
- the invisible back button next to the home button is as irritating as it is useful
Tom,
You can set the touch key light to be on at all time as long as the screen is on.
Go to Display - Touch key light duration and set it to "Always on".
Hope this helps.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi maverick thanks for the tip. I'm getting used to the phone quickly. The back button doesn't bother me anymore as long as there's a conscious effort not to touch it when rotating the screen.

I have a question though. How do you remove that short cut panel that appears when you pull the tab? I it sits on the left side of the screen permanently as standard?

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Hi Tom,

Try press and hold the back button to disable the bar.
You can also relocate it if I'm not mistaken.
Only using Note 1. Not too familiar with Jellybean. :)

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks maverick, holding down the back button did remove the pull-down tab. nice.

The 2 touch keys are becoming more important as you start using it. I had no clue how to bookmark a page until i experimented with the settings touch key to find the options are located there instead.

Are there any other Note / Note 2 users here? it'll be nice to share some good tips, especially for a newbie android user like me.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Hey Tom...glad it works. The left touch button is where all the important settings are. Touch and hold the screen too is one of the tricks where you can add widgets and stuff. Enjoy your new toy :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RM2299 including 12 months Digi 5GB data plan. Saw it last night but today double check the website it already gone. They say online no more so need to go to store and check out. Interest free installment for 24-36 months. You can go to FB and find SENGHENG and ask them the details.

Aiya, the photo here:

Gambar SENHENG | Facebook

Kanasai, when I reach Malaysia, the promotion period already passed :banghead:
Just saw the advertisement in the papers, offer until 18/Nov if not mistaken.....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks maverick, please share any other tips you may have

Vr2rurbo: sounds like a very good deal. Better than the the plans offered by the telcos. I didn't want to sign any plans or il lose my unlimited 3g from maxis

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks maverick, please share any other tips you may have

Vr2rurbo: sounds like a very good deal. Better than the the plans offered by the telcos. I didn't want to sign any plans or il lose my unlimited 3g from maxis
I think special deal by SenHeng with Digi. Buy from SenHeng, Digi provide the package....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
If u have time to go through the user manual, u learn more like swiping your palm across the screen to capture screen. Turn the phone face down when u ignoring call, it will turn silence but not rejecting the call etc... have fun...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
- if you make mistakes typing fast on iphone, its the same fate with bigger screen
Try Swype. Its godlike. Though I'd imagine its difficult to swipe across the bigger screen.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I bought swiftkey 3 with its predicative text function but its far from an iphone keyboard and the note 2 loses its spen writing function so I had to Uninstall it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Does anyone here knows where can i get this few brands of engine oil in Ipoh?
Any shops in Ipoh selling this..?

1. Liqui Moly MOS2 Leichtlauf 10w-40
2. Eneos Motor Oil Racing GT 10w-40 SN/CF
3. Petro Canada Supreme 10w-40 API SN
4. Mitsubishi Motors 10w-40

View attachment 513907 View attachment 513908 View attachment 513909 View attachment 513912

And also where can i get this few brands of auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience