samans prices

juzanormalguy

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
last night i were driving in a quite road in kl.as i were making a u turn(damn sure its legal) suddenly a police motor came up behind me and signal me 2 stop.i got out of my car asking him whats wrong he claimed i did an illegal u turn.i ask him where the sign he say memang salah punye.after argueing with him for a while i told him just give me the damn saman and get over it.then he went like oh kaya ah then i kasi rm200 saman bole?i went like wtf?but i told him i rather pay the saman then pay him.suddenly he changed and became nicer and demand i give him 50 bucks to save his hassle.i refused to give but that fcker refuse 2 let me go.after about 5 mins he started bugging me for 50 bucks instead of the saman.its already 1 am and i'm tired decided to just give him what he wants and asked him to get lost.my question is if i really take the saman he can really issue a 200 bucks saman 2 me?what is the normal prices for this kind of offence etc speeding,and all small faults police give to you

P.O.S.H

Feb 22, 2005
what a nite!!! dude, 4 each fault they will gv u max price n its depends on u 2 ask e discount.. last time i've been issued a ticket 4 not fasting e safety belt (mind u that my dad is a policeman n it stated in my id, that i been using balai address). the max price is rm300 n i just hv 2 pay rm30... i already refer 2 my dad bout ur case n he said u just hv 2 pay rm70 2 rm100 4 the u turn fault... sorry 4 ur lost..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Sorry to hear about your incident. Anyway, just to get things straight here. To a police view, as long as the junction doesn't have a U-turn sign, its illegal to make a u-turn. Again, i can't be sure about this ruling but certainly this cops was taking full advantage of you.

Also, if you're so sure its legal to make that u-turn, you should have just take the summon and argue it at the balai later. I would not have paid him a single cent. Besides, i think he was trying to scare you with the RM200 fine.

I was stopped twice within 5 months for speeding. The first time he said i was doing 92kmh in a 80kmh zone. I argued i just came out from the junction and there was no way i could've sped up so quickly. Besides he told me the speed trap was under the bridge whereby i definitely did not pass by under the bridge. He threatened me with a 300 bucks fine, i said go ahead. He just wrote something on his book and ask me to go off. Till now i haven't receive any love letter from them.

Second case happened last week on the way to Lumut on the North-South Highway. Was stopped for speeding again and the cops claimed i was doing 121kmh. I told him politely i have auto cruise and very sure i was doing 110kmh. He just said suka hati kamu and i drove off. In actual, i knew i was doing 115kmh all the way but never 120kmh so this proves they didn't even monitor my car speed. I even doubt they have speed cameras instead just randomly trying their luck with 121kmh. I refused to bribe him even though he hinted we can settle.

Both cases the cops threatened with RM300 fine for speeding but i was adamant i didn't speed and told him to issue me a summon instead. Even if i was speeding, i'd rather take the summon and learn my lesson rather than donating them my hard earned money. Bottom line is, be adamant you didn't speed. Even if you're not sure but the cops say you're doing 121kmh, big chances are you didn't kena at all.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
even when there is midnight ...plz dun try to curi jalan n making any 'U' turn...the police dunno hide at where one....once u made d 'U' turn....haha...d polis wil come in front of u one....damn fast

i got speed saman.....one is over speed 13km/h so fined rm150 n another one is overspeed 17km.h....rm300 la......

anyway...the polis has the right to issue u an saman as long as they feels u r guilty.....

juzanormalguy

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
i didnt take any short cut :( it was a legal u turn and its not even on any busy road.its was near an housing area.damn it.i adi asked him 2 slap a saman 2 me i said even if its 200 bucks i would rather take it.but he keep bodek give kopi money.i expected he adi targetted for money already and he werent planning to give saman or leaving empty handed.after discussing got tired and needed to go toilet i just gave him what he want and cabut lo.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
so how much u gv ar? rm50? usually...i gv rm20-30 only....las time i take a short "U" turn...d polis waja chased me like hell..i gv rm30 settled.....then got one time trafic checking...my plate number alloy one...illegal...so gv rm20....settled......

dracid

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
shah alam
Summon Prices N Rules

some info for u guys 2 share,

Price quoted below are nett without further discount
>
>
Speeding:
> Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.
> Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.
> Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.
> Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.
> Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.
> Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.
> If you want to be a hero and fight the court case yourself, and you
> lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which wil add up to your
>
fine.I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.
>
>
Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.
>
Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.
>
Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle
>
Compounded.
>
Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.
>
>
Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.
>
Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.
>
>
Phone and Drive = $200 + 12 demerit point + Phone Confiscate.
> Do not hold your hp in your hand when you drive even with loud
> speaker or ear piece.

>
>
Drink Driving = Up to $5000 Fine And, or jail Term + Licence
> Suspended + Court. For first offence.
> 2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.
>
>
Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign = $70.
>
Fail to Signal when changing lanes = $70.
>
>
Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm
> = $30.
>
>
No Number Plate = $70.
>
Obstructed Number Plate = $70.
>
Obscured Number Plate = $70.
>
Number Plate Of Unapproved Type = $70.
>
>
As for Demerit Point system:
> Let's say you have 0 points on 1st January 2005, and you committed
> the offence of Failing to Put on Seat Belt. So now, you will have 3
> demerit points and this will last for 1 Year. If during this 1 year you
>
have no demerit points offence at all, your 3 demerit points will be gone on
> 1/1/2006.
>
> But, if during this one year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you commited
> another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be
>
extended for another year until 1/1/2007.
>

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro..where u get this info? tat is no true la....i juz received two summons from traffic by poslaju to my home......1st exceeding 13km/h =rm150.....2ns is exceeding 17km/h = rm300........

dracid said:

>
>
Speeding:
> Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.
> Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.
> Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.
> Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.
> Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.
> Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.
> If you want to be a hero and fight the court case yourself, and you
> lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which wil add up to your
>
fine.I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.
>
>
Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.
>
Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.
>
Dangerous Driving= >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle
>
Compounded.
>
Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.
>
>
Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.
>
Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.
>
>
> speaker or ear piece.

>
>
Drink Driving = Up to $5000 Fine And, or jail Term + Licence
> Suspended + Court. For first offence.
> 2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.
>
>
Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign = $70.
>
Fail to Signal when changing lanes = $70.
>
>
Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm
> = $30.
>
>
No Number Plate = $70.
>
Obstructed Number Plate = $70.
>
Obscured Number Plate = $70.
>
Number Plate Of Unapproved Type = $70.
>
>
As for Demerit Point system:
> Let's say you have 0 points on 1st January 2005, and you committed
> the offence of Failing to Put on Seat Belt. So now, you will have 3
> demerit points and this will last for 1 Year. If during this 1 year you
>
have no demerit points offence at all, your 3 demerit points will be gone on
> 1/1/2006.
>
> But, if during this one year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you commited
> another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be
>
extended for another year until 1/1/2007.
>

dracid

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
shah alam
bro..where u get this info? tat is no true la....i juz received two summons from traffic by poslaju to my home......1st exceeding 13km/h =rm150.....2ns is exceeding 17km/h = rm300........

bro huakenny, this is M'sian Traffic Police Compound list, but u still can reduce the price one, dont worry...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
dracid said:

bro huakenny, this is M'sian Traffic Police Compound list, but u still can reduce the price one, dont worry...
i asked trafic oledi....muz write letter to merayu d inspector la.....but kl alot of samans....dunno they wil acept my surat o not d officer told me....

but if u pay at penang, kedah...those small state easier la...less people ma....las time i ask my fren help me pay at other state police station...cheaper...dun need write letter some more

alex996

Oct 1, 2004
hi...can i ask when's those type of offences summons price up .?
izzit new approved.?

i got a summons few months back(4gotten when liao) for speeding..

@ 80km/h limit i went til 112km/h n my summons was only rm110 n i dunno they cut my points anot la..

then i got a traffic case for a damn bitch.. but v settle @ balai in front of sarjan la..he said my case was blackllisted hahah...so funny after argueing he PISS OFF never give me any summon oh...hahaha..

til today dunno how much they deduct my points...i wish if they deduct all..then license gantung..hahaha no need pay renewal license fee...rite..?

hahahah

they are making profit ( side income ) wit the authority bagde...hahahaha...

sherwin

Aug 11, 2004
Speaking of summons, I just checked on Rilek.com.my and recently found a summon for illegal parking by the roadside(Traffic Obstruction) - RM 70. The summon was dated on June but I never recall seeing any summon slip on my windscreen.. what puzzled me was the date and time the summon was issued, I was in another area...

I've gotten this kind of summon before,but with the slip on the windscreen

To pay or ignore?

Jiro

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
dracid said:

>

>
> speaker or ear piece.

>

What if i waiting at the traffic light n answer the phone? Or when stuck in a jam? Is it illegal? Just curious :confused: