Fuel prices may drop soon?

AE82GT

Apr 17, 2004
Klang Valley
Visit site
PUTRAJAYA: Malaysians may pay less for fuel soon, as the Cabinet is mulling over the possibility of lowering the pump prices.
Several Cabinet Ministers disclosed that the matter was studied during their weekly meeting yesterday but declined to elaborate, saying that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was expected to make an announcement soon.
Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Khaled Nordin said the possibility of consumers paying less for fuel was discussed and that the mechanics were being worked out.
Information Minister Datuk Shabery Cheek said the matter was studied by the Cabinet, but declined to elaborate.
Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad, when contacted, declined comment, saying that it would be best to wait for Abdullah to make an announcement at an appropriate time.
On June 4, the Government raised petrol and diesel prices, stating that it could no longer continue to subsidise fuel prices at the then rate. However, it would continue to provide a 30 sen per litre discount on the market price.
Currently, motorists pay RM2.70 a litre for petrol and RM2.58 a litre for diesel at the pump.
Shahrir was quoted by Bloomberg.com on Tuesday as saying that the Government might reduce fuel prices if crude oil prices stay at US$125 (RM408) per barrel for at least three weeks.
Shahrir said that it that was the case then a reduction in prices could come within the year to enable the Government to keep its pledge of maintaining a 30 sen per litre subsidy.
“Why not, it would be good news, right?†he said during the interview.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Let's say the fuel price drop back, but don't expect other stuffs' price will drop. But when next time fuel price raise again, they will raise another time.

JackyII

Known Member
Mar 16, 2006
Singapore has already lowered their price by 10cents (RM0.23).
These "stupid dumbass" are really slow in making decision, the price might be going up again by the time they made up their stupid mind, then they will say cannot drop & bla bla bla...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Please drop quickly before the raya season, it will make the road user feel free to balik kampung..

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
"what!!?? drop the prices!? & lose our extra income extorting the rakyat!?? NEVER!! how am i going to pay for my personal jetplane's fuel??? holiday allowance kena potong 10% manyak sakit wooo! i need to go france this month dunno where to eat with only RM35,000 in pocket. how to survive!??" :bawling:

:dancing2::damnmate::rofl::rofl::rofl:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
In stead of lowered down the fuel price, better to use the money to buy some oversea company. Of cause, I would prefer something like gov 20-30% private 70-80% type of deal.

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
agreed with csl, price hike already affected the price of products/services in market. eventhou Gov will reduce the price, i doubt the trader will do the same. Gov should consider this or think of the consequences on the recent drstic price hike before announced it to public.

this is what happen when Gov & all the ministers do things without using their brain (if they have 1).. :thefinger:

JackyII

Known Member
Mar 16, 2006
this is what happen when Gov & all the ministers do things without using their brain (if they have 1).. :thefinger:
don't think they hav any... :biggrin:, and only expert in :sleep::sleep::sleep:

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Let's say the fuel price drop back, but don't expect other stuffs' price will drop. But when next time fuel price raise again, they will raise another time.
agree...
the G will decide after 3 weeks, if the price still maintaining or drop within this period...
not really put too much hope on it laa... like bro' CSL said, less abit(fuel/petrol) burden, food and other stuffs already marked-up their prices liao since last fuel price hike... that's everyday burden!
less hope, less disappointment.

Last edited:

sh@rty 5

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2007
dun now drop 30 cent than next month up 40 cents

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
To be fair, let the fuel free float. if can't live without subsidies, then maintain the fuel subsidies at RM0.30 or RM0.40, let the price float but the subsidies fixed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi morning all,

My fc has been very bad since recently for about 2 months+ . Previously it was able to go rm50 for 320km+ . Now it become rm50 200km onli. I check on many thing but still same.

However, i read some thread similar to my case, and some claim after change the "centre box/midbox" then their fc back to normal.
I just wonder is the midbox really affect fc that much ?

Im pretty confuse...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience