S4C Gearbox

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Hi guys. Need some clarifications from gearbox expert out there or simply anybody who uses S4C gearbox. Currently I'm using the S4C gearbox and before this I use the Y21-LSD gearbox. What I noticed is that during normal drive (low rev/less than 5K RPM), it is a bit tight to get in gears (from 1 - 2, 2 - 3 and so on). But no issues during high rev (easy to get in gears). At first I thought the gearbox had some issues with syncros or maybe the clutch cover. Recently I got it checked and the mechanic told me that there is nothing wrong with it. He said, S4Cs are like that. It has some sort of lock and that is why I feel it a bit tight to get in gears during normal drive. Is this true? FYI I'm also using the Type R linkage and shifter.

I have never experienced this with the Y21-LSD gearbox before. With the Y21, it is very very easy to get in gears during normal drive.

Peace.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
could have something to do with the helical lsd... could also have something to do with the double syncros..

entah la.. pakcik pun tak tau...

coz my previous gearbox was a b16a non lsd....swapped to s80 4.4 gearbox and the car as well as the steering felt heavier.. shifting not much difference though (might also be because i had shifter bushings replaced at the same time)

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
used ori eg9 gearbox , s4c & s80 as well... all three ultra superb shifting on all gears... no such thing as tight. Used honda & kazz gear oil on all my gearbox before.. no difference, all great shifting. Only time when my gearbox wasnt shifting well is when my clutch had a problem, bits of it got broken inside the clutch. Thats all.

jsdaemon

Aug 19, 2006
I have a side question about lsd and non lsd gearbox. I heard that some drag cars setup use non lsd because it shifts better than lsd ones. Is this true? :confused:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My original headlight HID control panel always gives problem simply because its located on the bumper which is at the lower part of the car...

Each time we speed through the rain water ponds, and when the water goes into the HID control panel, the headlight will sometime work and sometimes dont work...

Some of my frens with similar cars already converted to the ones recommended by the accessories shops.

Its of course cheaper than the ori.

Now my question is....

Is it ok to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience