S15 Spec R info

atkt

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Hi guys,
I'll be getting a S15 Spec R soon. Hope you guys can help me out here on what to look on and how can I see the difference between Spec R and Spec S beside the batch. Are there any particular things I should keep an eye on so that I wont get cheated, like the Spec S has been converted to Spec R or certain things have in spec R has been taking out?? Be spending 100K ++ dun wanna regret buying the wrong car or been cheated......:regular_smile:

eugeneleck

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
JB/SG
Hi there,

I'm no S15 expert but just some small things you can take note of. Other S15 sifus out there, please do point out if I'm wrong.

Spec R
Uses 250bhp SR20DET engine, 6-speed transmission.

Spec S
Uses 165bhp SR20DE engine, 5-speed transmission.

I think the chances of getting duped into a Spec S converted to Spec R is very low considering that the price difference is not that great (RM20-30k?). You can also google around for the differences. To be 100% sure, maybe you can bring a mechanic along. I brought one along last week to inspect mine. Really helps a lot. You will definitely wanna know whether the car you're getting was used as a drift machine and all.

Hi guys,
I'll be getting a S15 Spec R soon. Hope you guys can help me out here on what to look on and how can I see the difference between Spec R and Spec S beside the batch. Are there any particular things I should keep an eye on so that I wont get cheated, like the Spec S has been converted to Spec R or certain things have in spec R has been taking out?? Be spending 100K ++ dun wanna regret buying the wrong car or been cheated......:regular_smile:

atkt

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks bro.....thanks for the info

atkt

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Can anyone tell me, between Spec R V Package and Spec R Aero, which one is better?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Chinese auto industry is on a roll with possible penetration of the American market with an electric vehicle by one of its automakers, BYD. Now there’s talk that another automaker is looking to acquire a 30 per cent stake in German transmission maker Getrag. Yes that Getrag, the same one that makes the cog swappers for the Toyota Supra JZA80 and the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.

Details indicate that talks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience