Fuel Consumption of S15 Spec R (M)

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
sifu sifu any S15 owner mind to share how much the fuel consumption of S15 Spec R Manual ??? and how much the maintenance cost of S15
e.g. Timing belt , clutch and etc. . . ..

thanks

Mar 21, 2008
I dont have one, but I drove before for 2 weeks....

Full tank = 280km (City) , 350km (Highway)

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
go to S15oc,

as full tank get 280km for city driving is consider petrol drinker,unless the car been modified kao kao.

Mar 21, 2008
go to S15oc,

as full tank get 280km for city driving is consider petrol drinker,unless the car been modified kao kao.
Hmmm, the car was 400bhp.....sorry I dint mention, but I dono what the hell my cousin modified....

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
When my car was stock (fmic, filter, exhaust, etc), a full tank will take me to around 480-550km.
After a few mods here, upgraded turbo, full standalone ecu, etc, etc. A full tank was about 350-400km.
Actually its alright la, I guess it also depends how often you stay in the vacumm zone of the boost meter. :rofl:

As for maintainence, what timing belt ? haha. SR20DETs run on timing chain.
And normal servicing is around RM 500-600 depending on what oils you use.
I only use 300V per 5000km, so thats why its a little more expensive but its worth it.
Actually if you use Motul's semi-syn + oil filter + labour, it'll be less than RM 200.

Clutch, drivetrain parts, well I guess its up to your driving style and whether
you really abuse the car or not. I'm sure if you drive like a granny, most of these parts
should not be changed regularly, but if you do drive the car the way it was built then
parts are not that expensive, a lot of second hand parts are available and they're reasonably priced too.

A new twin plate clutch is around RM 3800-4500. A used one would be RM 1500-2000 depending on condition.
The standard 6 speed gearbox is very weak, it's very prone to break at power levels more than stock.
Thats why if the car is 400hp, I don't think the std gearbox would last very long, or either the car is not 400hp.
Also you wont see many S15s with more than 350hp using stock gearbox, if they are, you know something is not right. :rofl:

Actually for the S15, there's not a lot of maintainence involved la so it's not that expensive,
Its just that there are so many aftermarket parts to buy for the car, thats when it gets addictive to buy buy buy.

Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
gti88:
thanks, that's quite informative.

what aftermarket gearboxes are available for the S15?

Mar 21, 2008
When my car was stock (fmic, filter, exhaust, etc), a full tank will take me to around 480-550km.
After a few mods here, upgraded turbo, full standalone ecu, etc, etc. A full tank was about 350-400km.
Actually its alright la, I guess it also depends how often you stay in the vacumm zone of the boost meter. :rofl:

As for maintainence, what timing belt ? haha. SR20DETs run on timing chain.
And normal servicing is around RM 500-600 depending on what oils you use.
I only use 300V per 5000km, so thats why its a little more expensive but its worth it.
Actually if you use Motul's semi-syn + oil filter + labour, it'll be less than RM 200.

Clutch, drivetrain parts, well I guess its up to your driving style and whether
you really abuse the car or not. I'm sure if you drive like a granny, most of these parts
should not be changed regularly, but if you do drive the car the way it was built then
parts are not that expensive, a lot of second hand parts are available and they're reasonably priced too.

A new twin plate clutch is around RM 3800-4500. A used one would be RM 1500-2000 depending on condition.
The standard 6 speed gearbox is very weak, it's very prone to break at power levels more than stock.
Thats why if the car is 400hp, I don't think the std gearbox would last very long, or either the car is not 400hp.
Also you wont see many S15s with more than 350hp using stock gearbox, if they are, you know something is not right. :rofl:

Actually for the S15, there's not a lot of maintainence involved la so it's not that expensive,
Its just that there are so many aftermarket parts to buy for the car, thats when it gets addictive to buy buy buy.

Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers.
You still lucky after mod, u can get 350km - 400km......

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Nismo gearbox is around RM 10-12k, complete with housing. It's 6 speed with shorter ratios.
But I wouldn't get it cause its only rated to 400NM of torque,
and it still uses most of the standard oem parts from the S15 std six speed gearbox,
such as the synchos, shaft, etc. A few guys have broke their Nismo boxes on ns.com.

The cheapest upgrade is to change to a S13/S14 5-speed gearbox,
It will last longer, and is more durable to bigger horsepower and if it goes,
it costs only RM 500-800 instead of RM 2000+ for an S15 gearbox.
Thats the reason I took out my standard gearbox before anything happens to it.
The conversion however is quite pricey as you need to get most of the other things to make it fit.

2nd option is to use an RB25 gearbox which is the same as a GTR gearbox without
the transfer case. The RB25/GTR gearbox is the strongest std gearbox from Nissan.
To fit this on an SR, you need to mate a custom bellhousing to it.
This is the better option if you can find someone to do the conversion properly.

Like Jason said there's also HKS, their 6 speed dog box is around RM 30k and
the sequential for around RM 50k. There's also Trust sequential and
other Jap brands with 5/6 speed dog box.
The one that I'm interested in is PPG gearsets for the S13/14 gearbox.
They have really good gearsets for street, drift and drag cars whether its
helical (for street because of the noise) and also straight cut gears.
These would costs around RM 20k and would only fit in an S13/14 gearbox.

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au

Last edited:

Daniel89

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
I realize something when people always about fuel consumption but never ask how large is the fuel tank capacity =) ! By the way gti88 what your S15 fuel tank capacity ? Just curious =) !

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
I realize something when people always about fuel consumption but never ask how large is the fuel tank capacity =) ! By the way gti88 what your S15 fuel tank capacity ? Just curious =) !

If I'm not mistaken it's 60 litres. :proud:

Daniel89

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
Which mean RM138 right for nowadays fuel price if full tank =) ! Quite good mate I think if I own one I will only pump for RM100 =) ! Not really have to pump full tank everytime xD ! Anyway nice car you have there gti88 haha got any picture of your baby monster eh ? :love: