RPM drops when take sharp corner

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
Sifus...

I post this question for a fren of mine. He just finished doing a transplant wif 101SVT into his AE92... but when he take a sharp corner...the RPM will drop and sometimes the engine stall.. he go back to the workshop and the boss said is bcos of the fuel pump problem then they changed it. but the problem still persists... need help pls....TQ

p/s: he's using ae92 original fuel tank with very noisy external fuel pump.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
external?? iam having similar problem while taking hard corners, fuel level goes to one side when cornering thus insuffiecient fuel goes to the fuel rail. ask him if dis also happens when the tank is full, if it doesnt, den a fuel surge tank is supposed to be in his next mod. or, just remember to fuel up, and consider 1/4 tank is empty. easy..

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
get a fuel injection tank for your respective car......FI tank have a buffer inside.

J

john

hi sifu,

i am also facing the same annoying problem when taking corner at low fuel level.

how much normally the fuel injection fuel tank for toyota seg?

or should just use fuel surge instead?

thanks sifu...

azuaneman

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Melaka Kelantan
azuan85.fotopages.com
i'm olso facing the same problem lastime. when taking sharp corner & break

when asking the formen, he said wether it from fuel pump or fuel filter. dunno la havn't change yet.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the problem isnt both of dat, there r many ways to curb dis. surge tank is one of them, or u can just mod to fit in another fuel pump, to the other side of the tank. dis is good for future upgrade, but beware of the max fuel flow rate the fuel regulator can witstand. too high a pressure may fark it up

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
john...for seg u have to get a 1.6 4afe seg tank or FXgt fuel tank.....both will fit seg.
for LE,no choice you have to getthe rarset part for LE.i got mine last time after looking for 3years!!! a ae82GT fuel injection tank........................

to mod another fuel pum is also no use......the most important in fuel tank is the buffer itself......either you make it on the ori tank itself or use a surge tank...........surge is better in every way except the complication of installing,make it and sorting out the hoses and such.
good luck!

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
For my EE90 chassis, I've installed with AE101 EFI fuel tank. with this, I do not face the jerking problem, and easier to do my exhaust piping too.

ueo katsuhiro

Known Member
May 13, 2005
subang
hmmm

last time also i experienced same also (with original tank(no mangkuk dlm wan)..but after changing to fuel injection tank noooo problems at all except for my fuel gauge ,,needle not accurate .up and down while cornering...apart from that its ok

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive been planning to mod the mangkuk inside there, but whattheheck. a fuel surge sounds more dramatic, twin fuel pump is one of the solution bro, but u have to place the line inside the tank to specific places. its according to ur tank shape

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
I'm driving Corolla SE with 20V engine as well. Although I'm using EFI fuel tank but still facing fuel surge in Sepang track at those tight corner when the fuel level left 1/4. The only solution is Fuel Surge tank.
Please refer to below pic for the surge tank installation diagram.

Pic taken from below URL: Please refer to below page for more detail on how to build own surge tank.

http://toyotaperformance.com/surge_tank.htm

Last edited:

4agze_gt

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hello bros, interesting topic, i'm driving 1987 L.E 4agze engine, i had problem to find L.E GT feul tank when i conv my car few years back, so i use an external fuel pump instead, very bising one. had same problem, rpm dropped when taking sharp corners and driving uphill, but only when my fuel level is below 1/4. but the problem never occurs when fuel is above 1/2. had the same advice from various garages n mechanics. a surge tank sounds the best solution. anybody knows how much does it cost? tq :wink:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u can custom a set urself, plus a 2nd fuel pump. just rewire this 2nd unit to the existing wiring of the 1st unit. or u can just follow the instruction above

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What??? Just addition of few inches behind it and you can call it a new model??? WAKE UP PROTON!!! Don’t just “syok sendiri” make a model that people won’t buy. The engine is damn bloody thirsty… the new fabrics door panels used just to hide the cheap plastic… nothing that can really catch my attention… it is not competitive at all to compare with other new models in the market… PROTON, you make me disappointed… what are your R&D people do???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience