ROUND 1 - Constructive Critcism Please

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
As with most events, there are glitches and problems here and there. Amprex motorsports would like to apologise for any shortcomings during Round 1 of the D1 Grand Prix Malaysia Series. We look forward to continuing this exciting events and aim to improve as we progress. As such, if there are any suggestions, complaints, criticism (constructive ones please), and such, please feel free to post it here. All postings will be taken note of, and we will try our very best to improve ourselves for the future D1 events to come.

Extended appreciation to everyone at R3, D1 Technical Sponsor, without whom this event may never have taken off. Also a big thank you to ALL D1 Grand Prix Malaysia Series Sponsors: IDEMITSU OILS, PROTON, ALLA FONTE mineral water, ISOMAX, and Tourism Malaysia.

A VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU to all the participants and spectators for making this event a fun-filled and trouble free event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the coming rounds of D1 Grand Prix Malaysia Series, proudly brought to you by AMPREX MOTORSPORTS.

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Good day.

Well done on your very first D1 GP Malaysia. I had a great time there.

cheers'

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
for me everything is ok but i confused 1 thing...
i arrived there at 10.30 am (i thought i was late..) and time attack was started.. i dont care about that coz i just want to look d1 drift.. at 12 pm i decided to came home first coz no tanda2 nak start lagilaa... then at 3 pm i came back n enter by stadium entry, i was shocked when RELA at the entrance want to collect a fee. i asked him how much n he said RM5!!!!.. i looked at the bunting that was hung at tiang lampu wrote MASUK PERCUMA!!!.. i was so :baring_teeth: and decided to ignore him.. can D1 official explain about this..?

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
The event went pretty well just some thing i wanna say:

Some items to note:
1) More practice time, and no change of rules(example: practice that time Keichi said cannot go out of curb. then after practice say can (pros n cons lo lol)

2) The Track layout. k. the entry and exit was actually great. but the U turn... errr. not much complain about it coz it is called D1, but if it was SSO everyone would say. WTF is this LOLOL... try not to have u-turns. Fat arse cars tents to fly off track at u turn. and small arse cars cant power out of the turn... so no uturns plz

3) Others: More crew passes maybe ?, more chairs for drifters (some while briefing have to stand up ? ) Pit walk for spectators to view the Drift cars :)

Other then that. i think everything went pretty good ! Great Event ! woooot !

ZeE

raymondslugs

Dec 16, 2005
D1 is great beside da weather. damn hot woi. but djan's bomoh is working well. lucky din bet with him.
sponge block or sponge bob oso cannot help ler... MK.
u miss da TA barriers but u come and HAMTAM D1 barriers kuat kuat...

cheers to all.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
As a spectator , the event went well as each of the events proceeded ahead of plan without any delays ( ie after top16-final after Tsuchiya's run ) . IMHO

1) The staff which replaced the water + tire barier was efficient doing their work
2) Plenty of space for spectators at the 1st corner compared to the previous event in bukit jalil

some minor suggestions :

1) maps on how to get to locations for sesat ppl like me
2) more details on the event

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
As a photographer there, seems like the marshalls are standing right in the middle of the 'magic shot' point. I know they have to be around for safety but don't block those magic points (the u-turn)...

I think the schedule didn't come out in time (at least on this site) so ended up coming early but drift only starting after lunch time.

but otherwise, a great event!! Enjoyed it tremendously!

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
Thanks for your valuable feedback everyone..

Glanza,

Entry to watch the sso and D1 is free but there was a parking charge, unfortunately this information should've been made public at a much earlier date. will take note.

Zee,

Will look into it. The track was a bit small to start with, lets hope future venues help ensure a better designed track.
Drifters come with some equipement, spares, tools, etc, reason we didnt allow spectators into the pit/paddock area was to ensure that no competitors would end up loosing anything. Control control is a major issue. Maybe a diff. venue layout, more manpower, we may be able to try it out.
Add.passes & chairs: i'll bring it up with the bosses.. and hope they can accomodate it...

MK84,

yeah..hashimoto did mention something about sponge/foam barriers... but i cant recall wat though.. wen i hear about it again, i'll keep u posted.

SLUGS!!,

thanks for your help on the day man...

infernaL & nottyeddy,

Points noted. thanks.

mazranz,

a bit hard to cater to everyone's needs.. and safety does come first in D1. We'll see how the next one goes..

BLISTER KIT

Feb 3, 2006
Congratulations to Amprex Motorsports, R3 and all sponsors for such a sucessful event..the crews running the show on the track did a great job and the arrangement was fun and exiciting for the spectators as well..

i agree wif Zee's comments which i find is very true..only wanna add that the door boys etc in the pit area gave ppl the feeling that they were in an environment of government department or sumthing like that..hopefully in future they can have a more frenly approach to participants as well as spectators..

Overall, it was a very very good event and our appreciation goes out to the organisers and participants for making it such a great event...

Cheers!

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
BlisterKit,

Yeah.. that would be my fault cause i briefed the "door boys" and reminded them agian n again that pit/paddock security is very important. 1. the place is small and inadequate parking, 2. as mentioned earlier, security of participants stuff, 3. safety.

We'll look into another system of identifying competitors & their crews the next round - either wrist straps or rubber stamps. We faced a big problem with competitors passing theri tags to frens to gain access. I shall try to propose to the bosses to increase number of crew passes to curb these from happening again.

THanks again everyone for your support and suggestions.. hopefully D1 will be here to stay.. with bigger and better things to come.

cheers!

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Ahahahaha wei I'm not the only one who decided to test the barriers ler. :P

Regarding photogs, perhaps can take a page from the Daiba round also, I remember what they did was put the medias in a designated box.

It's good that spectators were not allowed in the paddock. Too many itchy hands and butts these days. There's this one time this idiot for a father simply put his 1-2 year old daugher sit on my GT Wing.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am confused with this spec frm mivec. Has no clock and aircond as the dash comes with std analogue aircond. Based from what i read its rally spec. How much is this engine in halfcut. What are the problems that we face having this engine transplanted.
:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience