so normally they tune down the fuel because of too rich ,

the best if to do it at dyno , use a wideband sensor a/f ratio meter ,

anyone can do tuning if he has a knollege to tune a ecu base on a/f ratio ,

aiM

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.geocities.com
FD3S full tank = 20 Gal, or 76 litre. So, full tank = RM 122.36. Fuel consumption at highway, maintain RPM 3000, 140 km/h without boost is about 30 cent per km. so, you can make 407.87 km per full tank, please note that my engine is 13B-rew earlier model, 255kW. city driving is diffrent, you can calculate around 45 cent per km with a little bit of boost :) if you wanna get better fuel consumption, buy a kancil. RM 20 can stand for a week. please dont compare a sport car with a standard car. Rotary for LIFE~!!

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
coolblue said:
i'm coolblue la ,

tuning are base on airfuel ratio , not too lean or not too rich ,
if you have stock ecu the air fuel ratio normally not perfect ,

right...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
coolblue said:
i'm coolblue la ,

tuning are base on airfuel ratio , not too lean or not too rich ,
if you have stock ecu the air fuel ratio normally not perfect ,

what i would like to know is what experience you have garnered and from where. i run a fully progammable fuel controller and have set a/f at optimum level + safety buffer. Of course this was done on dyno.It is not so easy to tune a/f as on our fd's at least you have to iron out lean mixtures during transition. What kind of a/f readings are you gettng on idle? at boost? what is your inj duty cycle? What kinds of mods have you had done on the fd to achieve said fuel consumption? I am just picking your brains as this will allow other RE members to understand the importance of A/F ratios which is what in many cases causes the engine to knock and we all know under boost knocking=blown engine. Kindly share.

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
phat7 said:
what i would like to know is what experience you have garnered and from where. i run a fully progammable fuel controller and have set a/f at optimum level + safety buffer. Of course this was done on dyno.It is not so easy to tune a/f as on our fd's at least you have to iron out lean mixtures during transition. What kind of a/f readings are you gettng on idle? at boost? what is your inj duty cycle? What kinds of mods have you had done on the fd to achieve said fuel consumption? I am just picking your brains as this will allow other RE members to understand the importance of A/F ratios which is what in many cases causes the engine to knock and we all know under boost knocking=blown engine. Kindly share.
gain from knollege and see exprieces tunes does that ,
cruising low throttle level ( of course if you press extra pedal the boost will come ) ,
they should be arounds 14 to 14.8:1 a/f ratio ,

If you power the car for sure you need more fuel ,
so depends on what boost that you run , different turbo different setup ,

if stock turbine 0.7bar boost are different from big turbo 0.7bar ,
the pressure level are the same but the flow are different ,

if stock turbine should get set around 11.5 ~ 12.0:1 a/f ratio .

you check around www.rx7club.com or www.nopistons.com they have alot of guides for you get your setup done up .

beside that you dont need to really play with the ignition timing , if they preset from factory they should runs well ,

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
aiM said:
FD3S full tank = 20 Gal, or 76 litre. So, full tank = RM 122.36. Fuel consumption at highway, maintain RPM 3000, 140 km/h without boost is about 30 cent per km. so, you can make 407.87 km per full tank, please note that my engine is 13B-rew earlier model, 255kW. city driving is diffrent, you can calculate around 45 cent per km with a little bit of boost :) if you wanna get better fuel consumption, buy a kancil. RM 20 can stand for a week. please dont compare a sport car with a standard car. Rotary for LIFE~!!
45cents for a KM is really drink fuel la ,

i think you better retune your ecu with a Emanage or a programable Ecu ,

that will save you alot of $$$ ,

aiM

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.geocities.com
coolblue said:
45cents for a KM is really drink fuel la ,

i think you better retune your ecu with a Emanage or a programable Ecu ,

that will save you alot of $$$ ,
hahah... if trafic jam, your car move really slow right? but engine still running, that's why i said 45 cent per km, with max speed of 10 km/h :)

heavenz

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
coolblue said:
I've mod a fc with a fuel consumption like around 400~420km per tank of $80 bucks ,
reasonable?
erm, how can u go 400-420 in 80bucks sumore modded? Or is it i misunderstand the currency of our money....is it rm or $?? My car can only go 260-280kmh in rm80 per tank and my car is not modded. Is there something wrong wif my car or something not rite wif ur car?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
coolblue i'm still baffled with your fc figures. FC3S with what mods? What kind of af value you running? I can get 500 on highway with full tank but thats constant speed of 110-120kmh. What ecu the car running?

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
phat7 said:
coolblue i'm still baffled with your fc figures. FC3S with what mods? What kind of af value you running? I can get 500 on highway with full tank but thats constant speed of 110-120kmh. What ecu the car running?
if you have 500km on full tank not bad la ,
average afr around 14 to 14.5:1 cruising ,
the car i help my friend to mod ,

setup pretty heavy also la ,
using australian ecu ,

actaully what is your goal ? i think your setting are pretty good also la ,
full tank can run 500 ,

skycaptain

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
cooL

Turbo676 said:
dude, no offence taken. ANyway, she did ask as FC was 1 of her considerations as she's doin quite a bit of travelling due to the nature of her job.

Anyway, how much does it cost for full tank with current petrol prices? give or take a little.

thanks again.[/QUOTE

i owned a fc, current pertol price for full tank is around RM100. From cheras to kl it costs me around RM10. So u better reconsider since she needs to travel, in addition, FC is a bit different compare to jazz,not as easy to control as honda jazz. But of course it's cool if a girl drives RX~!!

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
coolblue said:
gain from knollege and see exprieces tunes does that ,
cruising low throttle level ( of course if you press extra pedal the boost will come ) ,
they should be arounds 14 to 14.8:1 a/f ratio ,

If you power the car for sure you need more fuel ,
so depends on what boost that you run , different turbo different setup ,

if stock turbine 0.7bar boost are different from big turbo 0.7bar ,
the pressure level are the same but the flow are different ,

if stock turbine should get set around 11.5 ~ 12.0:1 a/f ratio .

you check around www.rx7club.com or www.nopistons.com they have alot of guides for you get your setup done up .

beside that you dont need to really play with the ignition timing , if they preset from factory they should runs well ,

i would acknowledge and chip in a little about tuning , a/f ratio eventhough the easiest to play around it is the least important thing in tuning.

the biggest role i would think is ignition timing. its a blackart and usually ignition timing would be set first then only a/f ratio. gosh i dont know how to put it in words and i know a lot of great tuners out there hiding their secret as well is a balance of combustion temp , exhaust gas temp from the difference of ignition timing and a/f ratio.

it's not as simple as u say it is.....

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
DRFT_240sx said:
i would acknowledge and chip in a little about tuning , a/f ratio eventhough the easiest to play around it is the least important thing in tuning.

the biggest role i would think is ignition timing. its a blackart and usually ignition timing would be set first then only a/f ratio. gosh i dont know how to put it in words and i know a lot of great tuners out there hiding their secret as well is a balance of combustion temp , exhaust gas temp from the difference of ignition timing and a/f ratio.

it's not as simple as u say it is.....
in rotary world ... ignition timing will not play a important role in horsepower ,
i never see a tuner that try on ignition timing first and finish by the a/f ,
maybe the other way in your side .....

most ignition timing is set conservertive or safe level before they start tuning with a/f ,
after they happy with the a/f level , they will normall try to tune on the ignition to squeez out last power that possible crank out ,

a regular fill of gasoline wont able to make impressive horsepower , but for many ppl that is good enough ,
thats why americans always get higher WHP because they use race fuel ,

when you have race fuel , timing will be the issue to get power ,

as i know , Exprience tuners dont use EGT for referance , because they already know their tuning range or limit for a engine or rotary will likely to take it ,

it's just a guide from my knollege , no offence ,

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
I really feel it's simple , because it crank out 415whp on 0.9bar boost ,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A time will come where derestricted autobahns, open throttle engines, hairpin turns, oversteer, understeer, burn outs, free revving engines and free flow exhausts among others will be a thing of the past. If you ever live to see that day, you have my sympathies. Electronics, computers, gadgets and engineers are fucking it all up for us petrol heads. Our kind is going to be cornered into some deep dark...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience