Rotary have to redline regularly?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
HI to all RE sifus....wan to ask some question...

i c forum say tat rotary have 2 redline regularly to prevent carbon built up rite??

so my question is normally can i just redline when idling after the engine has toally warmed up
or izit have 2 drive and redline it for best result?

yesterday my xperience is tis...its a FC3S...the road was wet,i redline it at 2nd gear and when boost kicks in,suddenly the tail just slide out...was lucky i manage 2 pull it back but this is not the 1st time already....there was once i try redline at 3rd gear,then i brake and downshift to slowdown n then the tail slide out....2 time also was just going straight and did not do any hero thing on the steering

so i tot tat since i'm still new to the car...i do not understand the car characteristic yet and it was the 1st FR for me...so i tot every morning i just warm up the engine and redline it while idle

another thing is tat the car running microtech lt10....when idling on air cond engine will die...when driving with air cond and press clutch at above 2k rpm the engine will also die...the rpm will drop vr vr fast....so izit add FICD will solve the prob? if yes then wat FICD o can take from other car?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yong- what we mean is to go into high revs. Not redline. Without the proper mods to your eccentric shaft you actually will spoil the engine by constantly red-lining it. Take it for a drive and go into the higher rev range eg. above 5k that is enough.

Another piece of advise, when you are new to the car drive it like how you drive an NA, gradual build up to speed. Typically new turbo users also go mad on the first 3 gears to feel the rush.

With regards to the aircond dying, there are couple of reasons. But i would suggest you have it tuned. Also does the LT10 wired to run the oil pump? Hang on, you are using the fc right. Ok then i reckon you'll be ok in this department as its mechanical oil pump. Get it tune by a reputable tuner and you'll love driving it even more.

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Is not normal for FR to just tail slide even at just normal straight???

phat7...oic...so just driving the car every and rev it to high rpm once in a while will do is it..
i'm not sure bout the oil pump but the ecu is tuned at mellenium
u know its really hot in tat car and sum times juz cannot on air cond unless cruising...the car havent tint yet.....like this morning....air cond is on when i drive but when i c polis trafik i panic n step on the clutch so tat the xhaust wont be loud....so i 4got bout the air cond n then engine die....

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
any fr car wid decent power and lsd will tail out somehow or rather in the wet. if u are used to the car steering control, it can actually spin while maintaining it straight.

not sure bout the rotary, but generally to deal wid aircond issue, the solenoid like those 4age type can be use to pull back up the idle speed when the aircond is on.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
last time ah choy got say about adding ficd...so ficd is taken from other car?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
about the tail spinning out...

does a car have to have an lsd to do that??

or can it be done without it?

i tot an lsd is supposed to control the back wheels from spinning out with uneven power therefore helping you to keep the car straight...is this true?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
about the tail spinning out...
does a car have to have an lsd to do that??
or can it be done without it?
i tot an lsd is supposed to control the back wheels from spinning out with uneven power therefore helping you to keep the car straight...is this true?
lsd is to make sure the wheels spin evenly.. Otherwise, 1 wheel could spin faster than the opposite side..
In this case, it could be the engine is powerful and/or the tires botak..
Btw spin out is usually the term if u cant/lost control of the spin.. If ur in control, its a power slide or drift..
No lsd also can lose control n spin out, thats more dangerous even for an FF car.. With lsd, if ur experienced enough, u can know how the car will behave..
Practice makes perfect..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
i duno is it the lsd o the power porb...tyre still a lot and using 245-45-17...tat car is around 260 on wheel last time tuned at mellenium

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
lsd is to make sure the wheels spin evenly.. Otherwise, 1 wheel could spin faster than the opposite side..
In this case, it could be the engine is powerful and/or the tires botak..
Btw spin out is usually the term if u cant/lost control of the spin.. If ur in control, its a power slide or drift..
No lsd also can lose control n spin out, thats more dangerous even for an FF car.. With lsd, if ur experienced enough, u can know how the car will behave..
Practice makes perfect..
so what are the benefits of getting an lsd? n is it really worth getting it?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Yong, mayb ur tires not suitable for wet conditions? I donno how to troubleshoot a faulty lsd..
KK13, its always better to have an lsd, for safety reason.. Imagine driving on the highway n suddenly your left tire go thru a puddle.. Without lsd, the left tire will slow down, making the right one spin too fast.. The result: your car will spin towards the left..
Recently my friend had an accident, he was at the highway at 120kmh wanted to avoid a car in front.. He jammed the brakes n turned the steering to the left.. Since the weight transfer was on the front right tire, it slowed down making the left one spin faster than normal (coz no lsd).. He ended spinning to the right.. This is ALSO his tire botak already.. Btw he was driving an FF car..

Last edited:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Yong, mayb ur tires not suitable for wet conditions? I donno how to troubleshoot a faulty lsd..
KK13, its always better to have an lsd, for safety reason.. Imagine driving on the highway n suddenly your left tire go thru a puddle.. Without lsd, the left tire will slow down, making the right one spin too fast.. The result: your car will spin towards the left..
Recently my friend had an accident, he was at the highway at 120kmh wanted to avoid a car in front.. He jammed the brakes n turned the steering to the left.. Since the weight transfer was on the front right tire, it slowed down making the left one spin faster than normal (coz no lsd).. He ended spinning to the right.. This is ALSO his tire botak already.. Btw he was driving an FF car..
does he revs the engine while braking?
i know lsd works while accelerating and decelerating...and spinning slows it down..not accelerating you through it...
without lsd the engine will powers the less gripped tyre..and youre going nowhere...
for FF...erm...cant quite understand it...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
does he revs the engine while braking?
i know lsd works while accelerating and decelerating...and spinning slows it down..not accelerating you through it...
without lsd the engine will powers the less gripped tyre..and youre going nowhere...
for FF...erm...cant quite understand it...
yes, it powers the less grip tires.. In some situation, this causes the car to spin out.. Hav u seen only 1 wheel spining while the car isnt moving? I dont think so..
In my friends case, he was driving auto so he didnt accelerate when he jammed the brakes.. This caused the weight transfer to the front.. Then he turned the steering quickly to the left.. So the front right has alot of grip so the left type spins.. This caused the car to spin lor..
Sorry my explanation abit confusing..

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
yong,congratulations on the FC,hope you enjoy driving it.

like uncle dev's explanation,its high revs not redline.another tip,if you dont drive the car often (maybe weekend warrior or what) or when you have no time or what dont warm up the car too fast. What i meant is dont switch off the engine until the engine is really warmed up.

i remember my 8 dua tiga kali allready fuel overflow because idle too fast then close again without driving.took me hours to figure out a way to start which is to take out the fuel pump fuse and clean the engine before starting

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Thanks for the info...

do u guys know how much an lsd cost for an fd??

also, i know there r different ratio's or something like that...eg. 1.5 etc...what does that mean?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Agility, lightness, youthfulness and superior sportiness – all these features are presented and highlighted impressively in BMW Concept 1 Series tii.</p><p>Based on the new BMW 1 Series Coupé being presented to the world public for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, this fascinating design study is the consistent evolution of BMW’s compact two-door with a clear focus on uncompromising...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience