<RM100 engine oil

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Asked before not for Malaysian market. Don't know later they change their mind or not...hahaha:biggrin:
UHP1 category even though asymmetric pattern is W rated probably HPX standard only.
W rating also ok what.. W=270kmh.. my car only can go 180kmh la.. speedcut, hehe.. :biggrin:
since GT-Radial has built their name with good affordable grippy tyres, i'd like to try them but dont really like HPX and HPY pattern..
UHP1 looks abit like F1 Asy2, CSC3 which i like. hehe..

ayway, back to topic..
do u know if Pennzoil have uploaded their pricelist for the sale?

I recently ran Rockoil Longlife 5W30 which is supposedly formulated for VWs in my car and ran Sepang. According to my temp meter I was running 120 degrees Celsius for most of my lap runs and quite consistent 72 degrees water temp (low temp thermostat). The oil never burnt off and didn't seem to fail (rough feel, etc). I pushed my luck one time and tried to stay in the rev limiter range for a good 5 to 10 minutes (had to stay in 3rd gear anyway) to see what the temp would do, it just stayed 120 degrees Celsius.

Seriously, good oil will be good oil. As a Chinese saying goes, one cent goods is one cent worth.

Ask the aunty!

The Aunty no longer wanna give quotations. She say ask son or father.

What car do u drive?there are a few types of ATF
For Kelisa

If you are doing oil pan atf change still back to same brand/model previously used. If you are on your flush round then you can change oil brand.
This is because with oil pan change there are still old oil in the system and torque converter.
Last time Pennzoil Multi vehicle atf which they claim to be FS atf selling RM66 for 4L

Oh Didn't know need to flush only can use other brand. Thanks!

I recently ran Rockoil Longlife 5W30 which is supposedly formulated for VWs in my car and ran Sepang. According to my temp meter I was running 120 degrees Celsius for most of my lap runs and quite consistent 72 degrees water temp (low temp thermostat). The oil never burnt off and didn't seem to fail (rough feel, etc). I pushed my luck one time and tried to stay in the rev limiter range for a good 5 to 10 minutes (had to stay in 3rd gear anyway) to see what the temp would do, it just stayed 120 degrees Celsius.

Seriously, good oil will be good oil. As a Chinese saying goes, one cent goods is one cent worth.

If you want really good and light feel with extreme performance for your engine with good protection go for Torco,although abit on the high side,As a Chinese saying goes, one cent goods is one cent worth.

If you want really good and light feel with extreme performance for your engine with good protection go for Torco,although abit on the high side,As a Chinese saying goes, one cent goods is one cent worth.

Torco after so long only just got their API certification this year or something. I have no faith in the brand mainly because of the bad experience my friends had with the oil. Also I haven't been able to find any specifications sheet on the oil unlike Mobil1 and Rock Oil.

But this is just my personal opinion on the oil, so don't get offended if I think Torco is rubbish.

Torco after so long only just got their API certification this year or something. I have no faith in the brand mainly because of the bad experience my friends had with the oil. Also I haven't been able to find any specifications sheet on the oil unlike Mobil1 and Rock Oil.

But this is just my personal opinion on the oil, so don't get offended if I think Torco is rubbish.

FYI API is expensive to get and just serves as "decorative title".Nvr judge a book by its cover.the spec sheet is here Torco Oils and Lubricants - Tech Sheets .Well u can give millers a go too,i personally think it matches up to torco,it might be even better.well..were here to discuss:burnout: No hard feelings YA!

Last edited:
guys any advise on what eo to use if i'm running an ol' engine (660 N/A) wit bypassed rad fan for less warm up time. currently using cheap2 10w-30 mineral ENDURO brand. thinking on diy-ing oil change for first time.

guys any advise on what eo to use if i'm running an ol' engine (660 N/A) wit bypassed rad fan for less warm up time. currently using cheap2 10w-30 mineral ENDURO brand. thinking on diy-ing oil change for first time.

How old is the car? use perodua Semi Syn Gold :biggrin:

Johnson Lam got sponsored by Torco. PM him ahahha

W rating also ok what.. W=270kmh.. my car only can go 180kmh la.. speedcut, hehe.. :biggrin:
since GT-Radial has built their name with good affordable grippy tyres, i'd like to try them but dont really like HPX and HPY pattern..
UHP1 looks abit like F1 Asy2, CSC3 which i like. hehe..

ayway, back to topic..
do u know if Pennzoil have uploaded their pricelist for the sale?

Read that UHP1 may be from China factory and the test report not that good unlike HPY now in UK tyre test. Maybe that is why not bringing in. Pattern nice not necessary good. Cannot judge a book by it's cover....hahaha:biggrin:

The oil price list not seen yet. May go tomorrow and if can get will try to let you know.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Oh Didn't know need to flush only can use other brand. Thanks!

Auto gear box more complex, better to flush if using different oil...

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Keep to the mineral 10w-30, or SS oil but maintain 10w-30 viscosity....

Johnson Lam got sponsored by Torco. PM him ahahha

PM him for what? I'm not keen on trying premiumly priced oil la. The spec sheet for SR-1 is pretty impressive though. Pretty 'strong' oil. If it were cheaper than the Mobil1 I can get at employee price I'd give it a go but it's out of my budget reach so I'll pass.

Old engine and with that kind of setup, stick with mineral 10W30 la. Unless you know your engine has very good oil seals, gaskets, etc. Then can up it to fully syn or semi. DIY oil change for kancil a bit of a nuisance because the oil filter is right in the front behind the radiator so it's kinda hard to access.

Old engine and with that kind of setup, stick with mineral 10W30 la. Unless you know your engine has very good oil seals, gaskets, etc. Then can up it to fully syn or semi. DIY oil change for kancil a bit of a nuisance because the oil filter is right in the front behind the radiator so it's kinda hard to access.

seen how they changed it, not exactly behind the radiator, it's more to the left side (from front of car view) near the a/cond compressor. think if using the chain/belt type filter opener it will be a little easier if the handle is longer, if know where to get the socket type, even better. k will stick to 10w30 & add the STP engine /oil treatment unless there is other additive options thats u'll approve:adore:

seen how they changed it, not exactly behind the radiator, it's more to the left side (from front of car view) near the a/cond compressor. think if using the chain/belt type filter opener it will be a little easier if the handle is longer, if know where to get the socket type, even better. k will stick to 10w30 & add the STP engine /oil treatment unless there is other additive options thats u'll approve:adore:

Pennzoil 10w-30 3L going at RM45 free RM5 KFC voucher at the UMW warehouse sale. Or get 4L at RM51 even cheaper. If you are around that area to pick it up....:driver:

Pennzoil 10w-30 3L going at RM45 free RM5 KFC voucher at the UMW warehouse sale. Or get 4L at RM51 even cheaper. If you are around that area to pick it up....:driver:

Later you consider as advertising baru tau :rofl:

But damn cheap wor...I didnt hear u mention RM45 if not sure I want to get LOL! 3L enough for my kelisa :bawling:

guys, i need opinion. i'm currently using 10w40 engine oil on my 8 yr 1.5SE satria, cant remember semi / fully. oil level never decrease during oil change interval & nvr top up. this kinda make me worry too coz d car olrd 8 yr.. lolz! i was thinking of of trying thinner oil since it almost due to change. any suggestion on what viscosity should i go?

Later you consider as advertising baru tau :rofl:

But damn cheap wor...I didnt hear u mention RM45 if not sure I want to get LOL! 3L enough for my kelisa :bawling:

Mentioned one or two should be okay, not advertising but helping members only...:driver:
Cheap because this one is mineral oil...

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

guys, i need opinion. i'm currently using 10w40 engine oil on my 8 yr 1.5SE satria, cant remember semi / fully. oil level never decrease during oil change interval & nvr top up. this kinda make me worry too coz d car olrd 8 yr.. lolz! i was thinking of of trying thinner oil since it almost due to change. any suggestion on what viscosity should i go?

Bro., if want to try lighter viscosity, try SS 5w-30 or 10w-30. Lightest that you should use, don't use below 30 weight oil...

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

thanks for the pricelist picture bro. :adore:

You are welcome. Pm to you okay, since cannot post here.
I bought mine yesterday that is why I got the price list...

WORRY??????? u should be grateful since ur car not having wear and tear yet... i think most of 10w40 oil are semi syn..better stick to oem requirement :)

low visco oil=better flow, low pressure
high visco oil=lower flow,better pressure.. make ur choice :)

just my opinion

been in KL almost 10years edi but oni srtarted driving in 2006, if u put me in the center of shah alam, i think it will take me 2 days to get me out on my own lol coz i don't have a good photo memory when it comes to roads & places:banghead::banghead: anyway thanx for the info bro, think i'll just see what tesco have in store on promo oni la:biggrin:

Bro., if want to try lighter viscosity, try SS 5w-30 or 10w-30. Lightest that you should use, don't use below 30 weight oil...

thanks for d suggestion, bro. going to try it in my next oil change.

WORRY??????? u should be grateful since ur car not having wear and tear yet... i think most of 10w40 oil are semi syn..better stick to oem requirement :)

low visco oil=better flow, low pressure
high visco oil=lower flow,better pressure.. make ur choice :)

just my opinion

that exactly wat i'm worry about coz it considered old car. shud alrd hv wear & tear..:hmmmm::banghead:

Top Bottom