Rims for Z

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
actually i saw the pics of these rims at wangan before.. i love the color:love: but like u said it comes in 19" and 20" hence i'm a lil skeptical.. am sure there are some power loss somewhere :P

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
I'm looking for rims and VR-G2 from RAYS looks damn bad-ass. :love: It's 19" and 20" only though.

http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/cgi-bin/cgi2/english/getWheelItem.cgi?maker=VOLK&model=000_G2

Anyone running larger/wider/aftermarket rims got experience to share? Speedometer adjustment, power loss/gain and what nots.
i'm running on 20"...so far no problem just the maybe it will bcome a problem when comes to changin' to new tyre..damn xpensive..

other than dat...not so much effect on power loss...n when it comes to handling..dats d best part...just need to watch out when it was rainny day or wet road..

my personal advice..go for 19" sud b enuf oledi..i'm also thinking about downgrade to 19"...:biggrin:

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
i thought running on 19" or 20" will make the speedometer lari.. no? am pretty sure that's what russ told me.. also the tyre will be thinner and u'd have a bumpier ride.. no??

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
It will surely lari. It can be minimized by using tyres with lower profile so the diameter can remain roughly the same. There will also be a little more grip by going a little wider. I'm thinking of going 19" with lower profile tyre to maintain the same diameter but go a little wider than stock.

GT-C is cool. My eyes are set on VR-G2 though which is not yet available. Or the GT-S maybe. I want matt black. Hehe.

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
How much of a jump will that be in price? Don't scare me eh.

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
i like the TE37 time attack version or the Nismo LM GT4 in black!

Lord1700

Known Member
Oct 31, 2008
Damansara
www.ringgitbay.com
i thought running on 19" or 20" will make the speedometer lari.. no? am pretty sure that's what russ told me.. also the tyre will be thinner and u'd have a bumpier ride.. no??
as snx posted..as long as maintain same diameter will not make ur speedometer lari...mine front is 30 n rear 25...so diameter almost same with stock...bumpier ofcoz la....btw, ori absorber or sport absorber also stiffy wat..:biggrin:

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
Re: Rims for Z - sizes & issues?

is anybody running 19" with 35 series profile tyres? any feedback in terms of speedo lari or problems with tcs/slip indicator? :confused::hmmmm:

am getting a new set of rims... also wondering if most of you lower the car further after running 19"?

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
yewming, how wide you're going for?

TE37 or LM GT4? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

?

Want to find the clear type one....

i know whoever do the CF bonnet will cover the top with this item..

but i dono where to find this item la???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience