Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
New parts arrived from Germany, oversized pistons (that will fit this time), lower arm link and some bushes

Also, some progress from the painter, 2nd base coat applied, finishing up some details.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Kev....i just finished reading from yr 1st post back in august 09..when i started out reading i expected to be too late to give any comments...but WAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOH i'm still not too late to comment.

GREAT restoration work. cant wait to see what updates u have for us coming up...dont forget to record a video of the engine's first crank....n start!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Kev, I'm back...Hehehehe~~nice to see your progress continue....those Tomica are cute...especially with the lighting stuff...it's cool...

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
heres some grinding to the rear bonnet , to try and fit the rear mirrors (and some classic datsun of course :D )

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Kev...any new updates? all the engine parts already on hand? waiting for the engine startup...n how bout the interior trim?saw u already have the seats done up...how bout the roof liner n door panel liners? normally old cars roof liner will sag...need to redo but impossible to find the original cloth.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
arturo, heres this weeks updates. most engine parts should be complete, just waiting for the original engine block to be bored to fit the oversized pistons

anyways, 2nd grind prior to base coat painting, smoothing all the details

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i noticed yr paintshop guy very detailed...normally they will just cement -> sand -> primer but not sand down the primer to level the paint...i'm pretty certain that yr paintjob wont have waves once the top lacquer painted. how many layers of paint u planning to put on? how bout the undercoat?

cant wait to see the first coat of pain n the quality...these old cars have really thick metal so there should be low chances of waves but still cant wait to see heheheh

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
now that u mentioned it arturo, i guess that minimizes improper waves caused by welding and banging of the metal. but yes, i guess that he's taking his own sweet time to really make this a piece of art. but yeah, hope the car gets painted soon

anyways, final base coat, then after that paint! but still filling up the microholes.

here's the nice chrome job!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
well the soft roof convertible is not in the best shape. i know the history of the car. its been transplanted to a datsun 120y engine and also the chassis has been changed to accomodate 4 lug nut rims.

there is another one in perak, close to original, though using a daihatsu mira 660cc engine

http://www.mudah.my/Honda+S600+1966-6103132.htm?last=1

but yeah, all of those have their original parts mostly missing. though, their body is straight

anyways finishing touches, hopefully getting it painted by end of this week

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.......need ur help a bit on where to find a 5 Speed gear box to be converted from a 4 Speed gear box? How much is da cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience