Restoration Progress of Soichiro Honda's Gem, 1965 Honda S600

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
anyways, the next door welder, helped me to fill up some holes, buried under the old paint. hopefully primering works is on schedule

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
today the painter helped primer the right hand side. hopefully to get the whole car primered soon. next door welding working on a ke20 coupe, nice!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
today i chose the color from the color swatch provided by the paint supplier shop :D

i chose c, row number four (code C4, plastic dynamite color indeed)

johnkor

Known Member
Oct 8, 2008
today i chose the color from the color swatch provided by the paint supplier shop :D

i chose c, row number four (code C4, plastic dynamite color indeed)

Wow bro keep it coming so what brand of paint u are going for ? good quality and expensive or cheap and good quality ?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Wow bro keep it coming so what brand of paint u are going for ? good quality and expensive or cheap and good quality ?
Lol of course he'll choose the second right? :rofl:

Whats the diff? Both also good quality but the price is cheaper! Haha :driver:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
mostly likely to be dupont, since the paint catalog is from it.

i now find out that im in a dilemma and indecisive in the color

im trying to copy the golden yellow color off the honda s800 into this car.

there is no code Y-13 and i am not sure how the color looks like

looking at the spectrum, it could be E, row5, it seems to have a shade of green

i dont know how it looks like to everyone, but anyone with great eyes, please let me know, thanks. heres sample pic of the s800 rsc

Somebody please make cars like this one!! - Honda S800 - Team-BHP

MUSEUMS>>HONDA COLLECTION HALL - Speedhunters

johnkor

Known Member
Oct 8, 2008
mostly likely to be dupont, since the paint catalog is from it.

i now find out that im in a dilemma and indecisive in the color

im trying to copy the golden yellow color off the honda s800 into this car.

there is no code Y-13 and i am not sure how the color looks like

looking at the spectrum, it could be E, row5, it seems to have a shade of green

i dont know how it looks like to everyone, but anyone with great eyes, please let me know, thanks. heres sample pic of the s800 rsc

Somebody please make cars like this one!! - Honda S800 - Team-BHP

MUSEUMS>>HONDA COLLECTION HALL - Speedhunters
Stick back to your favours cause for us will be diffrent lor cant comment that much ? if ur car let Chip Foose tune confirm top notch ^^:thefinger:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
parts arrived from germany. can start engine project soon. yay

but i got taxed rm1000 by the damn customs (about 300 USD). man that is expensive, 25+10% on the price! grrrr

here are pictures of the parts and some update on the body.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
damn, these are the parts i missed out and forgot to order. need to ask the supplier again!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Kevin, did the AWB amount exceeded RM500 for the parcel was the parcel heavy...if you know the seller, you can try to tell him to declare the item as non-commercial value and make the value lower....this can avoid tax. I'm importing stuff also from Korea and Japan and I told them to declare at lower value and non commercial value....

Even I sent out goods to other country 1 or 2 boxes. I will just put sample, no commercial value....

I'm not sure will this work for car parts but you can try next time with a small item...

How much is the tax for car parts?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Actually it definitely exceeded that and I thought declaring half was a good idea. I guess next time, I shall ask for below RM500. Hahah. Yeah well it was 4kg. First time doing this, I guess I will be smarted this time. Tax is 25% + 10% for any car parts. Imagine my real amount was 8K. I only declared 3K, LOL. (in ringgits) that is. But I guess I'd have it paid rather than resending it back to Germany and back and get the same thing again. Who knows, they might have marked my name for future postages

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
25% + 10% so total is 35%? that's crazy...what's the 10% for anyway...

4kg is still ok..I collected my stuff just on Tuesday weighing in at 25KG. CIF value was RM18,252...luckily I have exemption for the stuff and a letter from Embassy of Malaysia in Belgium...If not, the tax it self is enough to kill me....

Maybe you can try with smaller stuff....usually what cause the goods to get block at Kastam is the value exceeding RM500.....you went to Sepang LCCT there to collect right? I was using EMS.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
25% = import tax, 10% sales tax.

Haha, how I wish for you letter of exemption. Well, the items were sent to Pejabat Pos Besar Ipoh and a lady served me there. I guess she wants to follow whats in the book. Hahaha

Actually the box is packed full of small engine parts. Hopefully this would be the last amount spent on the car. There shouldn't be any parts left to be shipped

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

NOS signal lamps, correct year 1965 intake manifold, S600 coupe rear view mirrors (rare), gear shift boot. Damn all for USD400 from Canada

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience