REPOST: Racecraft's CF Air Intake+Filter

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
jerry, me same as riezal, already have guppy setup. wouldn't want to spend more having the same thing again.

can't even affort to buy a new ipaq 6365 now... haih... still counting on money :(

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
OH sorry adrian! u just get the cf guppy is the same as getting the CF intake? like have good heatshielding?

blackhd,
haha, but u were asking abt CF hood wor...hahaha. must be loaded lar. Ipaq 6365 can wait lar...car more important! Mod car or mod pc? Hehe.

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
aihhh.... all i can say is i'm not patient type. once i see, like it i'll get it. :D

jerry when u want to show me your monster? next hcoc? i won't be around till may'05 ler, going outstation again.

sub

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ, Selangor
still need 2 knoe wether it'll fit in the new accord or not... :(

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Originally posted by BlackHD@Mar 29 2005, 01:05
aihhh.... all i can say is i'm not patient type. once i see, like it i'll get it. :D

jerry when u want to show me your monster? next hcoc? i won't be around till may'05 ler, going outstation again.
[snapback]849020[/snapback]​
Aiyah my car is monster only when next to kancil/kelisa/1.3 protons...parked next to your black panther it becomes a harmless kitten only haha... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Anyways, I just got it installed on my car. I went to Links Power first but they don't have the CAI+ air filter there, just the air filter. RM350 no questions ask no installation cash and carry tq. So went over to AMOIL and voila! They have a unit on display along with the guppy intake+filter. Asked the price and the guy with spiky hair quoted me Rm380 for the CAI+air filter and Rm480 for the guppy intake, but got provide installation. But if no installation also the same price. WAH! Did I just kena tong ar? :angry:

OK nevermind. Went to the garage area to have it installed. The guy handling the installation was Jeff, very nice guy. Entertained all my questions and difficult demands i.e. NO cutting of the bumper, and kept changing the channelling pipe positions a few times. In the end I finally took out my burned out spotlight and place it there, with the frame as well. Took around 2 and a half hour, cuz occasionally he had to help others also. Nevermind, as long as good service can already.

However, the spiky hair dude in the office told me there's no box for my filter, as it is a demo unit. I asked where are the braces/mounting frames (the metal stuff in the pics) but he told me the unit came without it. What about the Racecraft sticker? He also said they don't have it. What the hell!!!! :angry:

SataniC, can get sticker from you ar?

When driving the car now, it feels smoother across the range, instead of an slight torque peak like before (i.e. slightly higher power when hitting 2.5krpm and 3krpm). But where I can really feel the improvement is when the needle swings pass 5k and onwards. Oh so smooth and faster than before! B)

Like Tom said, it's rather quiet. Only when at 5th gear, low revs, open full throttle can you hear the bassy resonance. But around 5krpm onwards the sound of the engine complete masks it. But it does sound nice.

OK, that's my own personal review of the Racecraft CAI+Air filter. I think accords don't have a problem fixing it on, if their ori intake's mouth is rubber and flexible like mine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I posted this in Autoworld forum and posting here also as FYI.

Today I went to Carrefour Wangsa Maju for lunch.
I fixed my Disklok on the steering and made sure I armed the car (2 loud beeps with signal flashing). Brand new car so I'm extra paranoid with this.

When I came back and pressed the alarm button.
1. There was continuos beeping sound.
2. The trunk door was open.
3. There was also a bottle of a brand new STP Injector cleaner right beside my front tire. No other car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience