Someone tried to steal my Altis today

altisdude

May 3, 2005
Hi,

I posted this in Autoworld forum and posting here also as FYI.

Today I went to Carrefour Wangsa Maju for lunch.
I fixed my Disklok on the steering and made sure I armed the car (2 loud beeps with signal flashing). Brand new car so I'm extra paranoid with this.

When I came back and pressed the alarm button.
1. There was continuos beeping sound.
2. The trunk door was open.
3. There was also a bottle of a brand new STP Injector cleaner right beside my front tire. No other car beside mine.

I just realised the alarm was disarmed by someone and they left the trunk open. When I pressed the alarm button it was trying to arm again and the beeping was warning for my trunk being open. I am sure I armed the car and did not open the trunk. My friend confirmed this.

Man ... did Disklok safe the day for my car or were they interrupted, I dont care just glad my car is still with me.

Last edited:

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Most thief disarm cars alarm thru the trunk. So consider yourself a lucky man!!
Try to get aftermarket alarm to next time around..;)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
glad to hear that they failed. those mother f*ckers.. hope they die while trying to run away.. kekeke

altisdude

May 3, 2005
Last edited:

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
3. There was also a bottle of a brand new STP Injector cleaner right beside my front tire. No other car beside mine

this show what?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Maybe the theif do sales lah....selling STP products....

altisdude

May 3, 2005
lan evo said:
3. There was also a bottle of a brand new STP Injector cleaner right beside my front tire. No other car beside mine

this show what?
Dont know, I'm just describing the crime scene. Maybe they pretended to pour the damn thing to put off suspicion??

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
walau.. now wangsa maju area edi... my mom told me dat after u park ur car.. look ur surrounding b4 getting out.. cuz there are some ppl just waiting next to u n when u get out from the car.. wana steal ur car or anythin la... sigh..

btw .. my fren's gti just stolen last week n found yesterday.. at pandan.. behind sumones house.. everythin gone.. look like track car but without front n rear bumper n spoiler .. even de black strip also they took.. interior all gone.. n now so many ppl sellin gti interior. seats.. etc etc.. haih...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
altisdude, u better check whether the key lock for ur boot has been changed by the thieves or not. Coz their MO is also to steal the boot key lock and then duplicate a key for ur car. Try to open ur boot using ur key and see.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
ya ya.. dat is famous..damn... means those guys will be watchin u everywhere u go.. park sumwhere safe n go out wif a bunch of ppl.. incase u saw them doin their jobs ... can wack them!

altisdude

May 3, 2005
adganz said:
Two loud beep???? :confused:
As far as I know....
One beep mean car lock
Two beep mean unlocking car....
Toyota Cobra alarm has the reverse of Proton alarms beeps.

BTW, The trunks lock opens fine with my key. That was the first thing I checked :)

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
How abt changing the lock? Maybe they did a duplicate key? :eek:

altisdude

May 3, 2005
vyruzj said:
How abt changing the lock? Maybe they did a duplicate key? :eek:
So fast ..dont think so. They need the actual lock to do it.

Plus I can somehow sense the lock will cost 400 bucks ??

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i think the STP cleaner was just to let passerby see, "i am fixing my car,na see the cleaner?" . to avoid being suspicious to others.

well...come to think of tht...u got urself a free STP injector cleaner :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

seems that its really hard to find new panel for eg4,so i want to wrap my panel with some sort of leather or fabric.but where can I find a shop that can do this kind of wrapping?

i know there's a diy topic bout this,but i need a shop,cause its easier
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience