Removing Gas Door (tutorial)

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
good day everyone...

since i have some free time, i did some digging on the net and found this from the backdoor :driver:.

read on

I took some time out of my day today to try to figure out how to take off the gas door that everyone says is impossible because it is spot welded on. Well I found a quick and easy way to do it! It only take 10-15 minutes!

I hope this helps everyone, I havent heard of one person that said they knew how to take it off, or ever thought you could. :)

I think this should be added to the sticky to help people out. In the future, everyone will know how to do it then.

Tools:

1) Flat screw driver

2) Masking tape

Steps:

1) Tape around gas lid, so you dont scratch the car upon removal.

2) Pry off gas cap cord from door.

3) With screwdriver placed under this "spring lever thing," pry up. It will pop right off.

This is what it looks like when off. It just has a circular cut out that is push fitted onto the hinger bar.

4) Next, use the flat screwdriver to bend back the top tab so that it clears the hinge bar.

5) Next, use the flat screwdriver to bend back the bottom tab so that it clears the hinge bar.

6) Close the gas door to about 30-45 degrees and push toward the front of the car so that the tabs you just bent clear the hinge bar. Close more if needed.

7) Pull outward and the door is free.

8) Congrats, You're done!

i cant found the author, so credit to whoever did the tutorial in advance. :nurse:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
is that IS model ?
i just wonder, why mine does not have the fuel cap holder on the back of the
fuel cover lid while the one in the pic has ??

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
yes..pictures is IS model. however, the door hinge is still the same. this tutorial valid for all altezza/IS200/IS300 model.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a question that has long been through enthusiasts’ mind; what it is like to drive a race car on the road?

By race car, I am not referring to heavily-modified street cars with a roll-cage and straight-piped exhaust. But a proper full-fledged race car, that is built to be driven on racing circuits, next to other race cars, in a regulated racing series.

Apparently, Doug DeMuro of Autotrader.com...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience