Removing Dashboard Paint

cawyn

Known Member
Feb 19, 2008
Guys, i got a part of the dashboard from those halfcut shops to replace mine as mine broke. its in mint condition, except for the paint thats been sprayed on by the ex owner of that halfcut.

so now, i'm looking for ways to remove the paint on the center console(color=beige) so that i can paint it black. tried using the paint remover, but its not good, as my center console is ABS as well..

what ways are there for me to remove the paint?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Instead of removing , why not repaint ? :hmmmm:

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
agree with looseand... no need to remove la... sand dust it then repaint back with black.. if u remove it, the original paint ar, will rosak la...

repaint back... :smokin:

neidyy

Nov 29, 2008
try this product... Otter color. original finishing not like regular paint.

L

leslieccm

you try otter colour b4?...how was it... any side effect?

neidyy

Nov 29, 2008
yez... i got a can of otter color. no side effect coz this material like penetrate to the surface. only u need to make sure the surface were cleaned and oily free b4 applying the otter. no harm

cawyn

Known Member
Feb 19, 2008
i just confirmed a can of otter too. will try it out and then i'll post the results here. :) but i gotta find a way to remove as much paint as possible before applying the otter substance.

wandzul

Known Member
Feb 12, 2007
otter is not good.. i.ve used it b4.. u'll find it damn hard to apply and layer it evenly.. now i need to respray my door trim.. haihz..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1) Which adjustable suspension( HWL, TITAN Racing or Comfort) is better for handling and comfort? Currently im using GAB which is quite hard..or is there any suggestion of suspension which is better than the above?
thanks...

2) My car is idling at very low rpm roughly around 500-600 rpm sometimes even lower than that. Some of the Zth's member told me it could be the leaking so i have change to stainless steel i/c and new i/c as well but still idling? what could be the coz?

3) What shall...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience