Removing slight scratch on the bumper

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife's SUV lately don't know where she got this scratch.

It is a light scratch but with less aggressive AIO cannot remove.
So need something slightly stronger so use this - Turtle wax safe cut

Lucky it is light scratch, so finally as good as new.....

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
wow thx for sharing!!! This is what I am looking for :D

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hrrmmm...."For use on any colour of paint"....I wonder what are they trying to imply by that.....????

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hrrmmm...."For use on any colour of paint"....I wonder what are they trying to imply by that.....????
Probably mean for any solid color paint also.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

is this more or less aggressive than the meguairs M105?
Not sure, but should be something like their scratch X maybe....

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
ahh i see.. cause my mom's crv has a similar scratch. maybe deeper as the M105 couldnt remove it

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ahh i see.. cause my mom's crv has a similar scratch. maybe deeper as the M105 couldnt remove it
Can your finger feel the scratch? The safe cut feels like very fine powder ones it dries, so I think that is what cuts the scratch away. M105 more for machine use.
If you are from around PJ area, you can pop by to use the safe cut.....:wavey:
Oops, saw that you are from Miri....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
My wife's SUV lately don't know where she got this scratch.

It is a light scratch but with less aggressive AIO cannot remove.
So need something slightly stronger so use this - Turtle wax safe cut

Lucky it is light scratch, so finally as good as new.....
new paint ok 1 but more than 2 years of paint still a no no, been there done that:idea:, meg's 2 r almost the same, but u can use turtle with the lipstick to cover the scratch first. anyone have try turtle wax's ice' please komen 2.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
new paint ok 1 but more than 2 years of paint still a no no, been there done that:idea:, meg's 2 r almost the same, but u can use turtle with the lipstick to cover the scratch first. anyone have try turtle wax's ice' please komen 2.
Which ICE products do you mean? If ICE sealant forget it. Expensive is one things but it does not work at all. Bought a bottle still have 95% of it. Some say to use as tire shine but no use either....:banghead:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
where u buy bro

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sometimes we get so excited n carried away by advanced professional products we forget these simple otc stuff can work wonders... Thanks for sharing!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
where u buy bro
The safe cut? from hypermarket should have, if not then ACE hardware.
I got mine from Jusco if not mistaken....

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Sometimes we get so excited n carried away by advanced professional products we forget these simple otc stuff can work wonders... Thanks for sharing!
Yup, brother, certain OTC stuffs do work.....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice bro. I got a few rids like that on my car. Some can be removed, others are just lightened. I used TurtleWax Scratch and Swirl removal (green colour bottle) bought from Ace Hardware. Was thinking of trying Scratch X or just get a Polishing Compound which should be more abrasive than the green bottle. Any advice? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice bro. I got a few rids like that on my car. Some can be removed, others are just lightened. I used TurtleWax Scratch and Swirl removal (green colour bottle) bought from Ace Hardware. Was thinking of trying Scratch X or just get a Polishing Compound which should be more abrasive than the green bottle. Any advice? :biggrin:
Got to see the damage first, then only can know what to use. Of course less aggressive to more aggressive until rubbing compound. If too deep then cannot save already.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My cars paint job on the roof and rear boot is starting to show some wear and discoloration. I have considered trying to polish off the clear coat and see if it's better but was advised by the detailer that the damage was quite deep and no guarantee they could restore the paint.

1. Is there a good paint spray shop around Subang/pj area?
2. If I do partial respray I think they won't bake the car right? So would it be better to do full car respray?

Thanks for your advice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience