regret to install a mukuni carburator :(

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Hey guys, i hav just install a twin barrel mikuni carburator in my wira 4g15...the throttle respond seems even worse than my stock carburator le...haih...the secondery only open after 3k while throttle more than 2/1...below 3k rpm i tekan habis the secondery also wont open..haiz..issit normal? top speed decrease, from 185 to 165km/h.........one thing really disapoint me is, all my friend said that my car has less pick up....even when the secondery open, the pull of the engine also has no much increased.....haih any sifu over here who own a mikuni twin barrel, vacum operate secondery carburator can give me some advice? thanks alot wo..

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
just wondering issit any tunning i can do to increase the pickup? i need info quite urgently coz if the performance worse, i can return the carb to half cut shop within one week le...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
yewjunyan,
I am not a professional in car mods or tunings, but for a 4g15 engine and you want more power, I would honestly suggest an engine transplant. If you could return the thing to the shop, just return it. Worst still, it's a carburator. I'm not trying to insult you or be sarcastic or whatever. Just that I personally think that carbs are not all that worth modifying to get more power out of it. You're better off saving that bit of money and changing engines, probably to a putra engine or something. Just a personal opinion and sharing it with you.

On the other hand, if you have interests in modifying your carb, do some study around first before buying any performance parts. It would help you go in the right direction rather than buying parts that don't really work, like the mikuni thingy that you bought.

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i think ur running too rich lar bro.u better bring ur car to a mech that is
familiar with this set up n ask them to tune it.just my 2 cent.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i guess most probably due to bad tuning of ur carb to match with ur engine.... all carburetors need to be fine tuned to work well with the engine...

i'm currently also having trouble with my twin barrel weber dgv.... at stock standard carb setting, primary fuel jet is too small for good throttle response... my mech swapped the first barrel fuel jet with the second barrel one and change the air jet (emulsion tube, if not mistaken) to bigger one...

yes, throttle response improved vr well... but i cant feel the push when second barrel open... mostly due to the smaller primary fuel jet in the second barrel.... another problem is, when i switch off the engine, it tends to jerk before totally dies off... i've tried setting the idle rpm to the lowest but same thing occurs... later, my mech said it is due to overflowing of fuel due to the bigger fuel jet in the primary barrel....

since i'm running filterless for the past month, the air jet has clogged with dirty and it jerks ALOT at low rpm.... arghhh, headache headache...

but yet, dont be frustrated so fast la... tuning performance carbs need patients... once u get the right setting, performance and driveability is assured....

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
go tuning back...i aslo have the same prob before...how about your jetting ?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
thanks for all those reply by all the sifus ya...mine actually is Mikuni twin barrer carb used for 4g15 in japan le...issit consider performance carburator?hehe don really think so le..the pick up worse than stock carb..yaya..skywalker are right, the primary very small...the secondary only open after 3k rpm, with throattle open more than 2/1....the jetting is still standard le...set by japanese one....today i did tunning for idleling...makes no much difference for performance....erm..issit need to deal with the fuel pressure? coz these carb got 2 fuel intake,and with one fuel return piping..wondering she got enough fuel to drink anot coz she has two mouth??

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
satria brother, i still a student le... cant transplant.. so wat can i do is just take a good care of what i have...4g15...perhaps she can perform like what she should...thanks for ur advice...next time when i hav budget i'll change car le...:)

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
today my friend who test drive my car said that the secondary seems not to open below 3k...although he tekan habis...issit normal? and sad to say that a stock nissan sunny overtake me just now....while going up hill i get horn by proton wira (stock), coz traveling too slow...walau..so hurt man....

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Last I heard.... a well tuned twin carb can match a well tuned EFI in terms of performance. Last I heard, mechanics who know how to tune performance carbs in KL are almost non-existent. Last I heard, a Webber-twin 4G92 was one of the best sounding engines Ive ever heard.

Last I heard lah. :biggrin:

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
it no performance carb...try 600cfm carb for bigger performance for 4g13 and 4g15

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
erm...so issit possible to increase the power of my current carb? rejetting? uncle fred got any command? hehe...im the guy who call u to test my car la...remember anot?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i know la u the one, aiyor u think i old d mehhh??? :p

maybe today i drop by pj area laa...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Yahanisa bro, may i know how i know whether its a 600cfm or 400cfm? coz im just learning bout it...hehe..stock standard is how many cfm le?...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone.

Currently im using 195/50/15 tyre size.

But, for the next change im considering for 205/60/15 or 195/60/15.

The question is, can i use that tyre size? any pros and cons?

Reply is appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience