Refresh old topic for 20V SVT/BT ECU putting SAFC or NEO???

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
Hi, forumer, some might already talk about this topic before, so just to refresh the topic.

Can the 20v SVT/BT ECU equip with SAFC or NEO for adjust the fuel ratio??? Just one of my friend install SAFC into his 20V BT so he sms me saying " warr, the power now gain, no like before, like adding racing clutch ". But of course i won't going for it cos i got IMEC ecu for my own. Well,kindly share u guys opinion.

Reed1

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
From my personal experience with 20v BT, running open ITB, auto ECU, yes I can feel the difference in fueling with the blue screen SAFC. In fact my highway mileage can go better than 15km/liter of fuel with normal driving (110kmh). For me, it does the job well.

Although there are people mentioning that that Toyota ECUs don't work that well with SAFC due to the nature of "self learning", however on my auto ECU it seems to work just fine.

Regards.

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
So there if setting nicely there will be no piggy back result lor??........anyone have use other electronic device for controlling the fueling??? SVT or BT.

corolla92levin

Known Member
Feb 28, 2005
hello..from my experiance using safc on 20v svt/bt is good.hp sure gain only 7hp-10hp.i already used it almost a year(blue screen)..but using safc in svt or bt we must use bigger abit d injector.bcz what did my mech sed using safc is not for improve our fuel ratio.1 of my fren use it later his piston crack.at first we donno why n how dis happen.n then my mech do some abit r&d, saw the fuel not enough at d piston.he try to increase the fuel but still got knocking..at last he put some big injector.the problem occur..

what am i telling is, using safc is good.but we have to change bigger abit the injector.dont throw away o sell ur safc.just change ur injector.use GSR..:regular_smile:

~cheers~

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
If can, i oso want to ask some ques.....

SAFC2 fix to 4age 16v non tvis ok arrr......got differents arrr?.....will i have to change to bigger injecters toooo????

Do any of the Toyata sifus know or can recommand me to go install and dyno tune safc2 ???? what i mean is some pro for toyota one

thanks in advance

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
7-10hp increase with SAFC,thats a lot,and how did u know that,can you show us the dyno chart before and after the setting,thanks

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
corolla92levin said:
hello..from my experiance using safc on 20v svt/bt is good.hp sure gain only 7hp-10hp.i already used it almost a year(blue screen)..but using safc in svt or bt we must use bigger abit d injector.bcz what did my mech sed using safc is not for improve our fuel ratio.1 of my fren use it later his piston crack.at first we donno why n how dis happen.n then my mech do some abit r&d, saw the fuel not enough at d piston.he try to increase the fuel but still got knocking..at last he put some big injector.the problem occur..

what am i telling is, using safc is good.but we have to change bigger abit the injector.dont throw away o sell ur safc.just change ur injector.use GSR..:regular_smile:

~cheers~

Change to a bigger injector??? are you really serious????
SVT or BT injector already 295cc.which is good for 200bhp...
emmm you should consider checking ur fuel piping or your fuel pump.

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Actually last time I installed Pivot ACS oredi... Power and F.C also not much improvement.. Then I take out and install APEXI AFC... Performance and F.C gone worse.. Coz i read from the APEXI Manual not support AFM type Air Flow.... Hahaha.. So both also taken out oredi...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
my curiosity from the old previous few topics discussing this, by only changing the ecu (without whatsoever mod of adjustable pulley, disable of vvt, etc...)
many have said that piggy back ecu won't do much good due to the 4age 20v stock ecu auto learning & has the tendency to re-adjust itself after some time.

But some said can and gain improvement from their experience, 'til now, this is still a myth for me due to my lack of knowledge and newbie in this area,.
well, can someone provide more details of explanation on the successful case that what is to be done to somehow 'override' the auto learning of stock ecu, and make good use of piggyback either on svt (afm) or bt (map) ? is the myth busted or not ?

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
hitz said:
Actually last time I installed Pivot ACS oredi... Power and F.C also not much improvement.. Then I take out and install APEXI AFC... Performance and F.C gone worse.. Coz i read from the APEXI Manual not support AFM type Air Flow.... Hahaha.. So both also taken out oredi...
Yes, i also read the oldest apex'i SAFC 5 knob button one, the wiring diagram didn't include for ae101 ecu which mean for SVT, state that not support AFM type, only got the ae111 ecu wiring and i read the pin is for black top use only. Well, glad that some forumer share the experience and also do ask other helpfull question.

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
so thats means any safc will work on blacktop with MAP sensor?now new safc price around rm1000 plus, might as well get greddy e-manage..hmm..

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
20vturbo said:
so thats means any safc will work on blacktop with MAP sensor?now new safc price around rm1000 plus, might as well get greddy e-manage..hmm..
yes.get emanage.its much2 more powerful than safc.But....still all depend on the tuner.....hehehhehe 20v tend to be too rick on the midrange and high end.there is still more power in it.And 10-15bhp from NA is very2 good.

jim260184

1,000 RPM
Jul 19, 2005
Seremban
www.meshio.com
corolla92levin said:

~cheers~
A small question.. Ur fren using svt/bt?? Injector is Sidefed rite?? How 2 change topfed injector??

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
corolla92levin bro,

i'm not clear which engine u running now??? svt or bt??? about ur friends engine, svt/bt???......and about the injector, if ur friend not running turbo mod no need to change the injector to bigger volume size ler???? as GT20v say that 20v svt/bt injector is already design 295cc per pieces borrr??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, anybody here encounter a problem of their alarm go off anytime for no reason? What should i do?

I installed central locking system and alarm system with shock sensor for more than half a year already. Before this nothing wrong, just this few days started to go crazy.

The car just put there nobody touch the alarm also go off. but only when put in my car porch where there is no sun, and mostly happen at night (morning also got, but not always). tired already everynight the alarm go...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience