Black Top 20v - No cold start

lcmg

May 26, 2004
Hi all,

I just transplant 4age BT to my seg. Tested the car, everything is fine except it didnt cold start. when i start the car in the morning or when its cold, the idle is at 800rpm and it stays there, it does not go up to 1.2k rpm and comes back down like normal.

What is wrong with the engine? Please help, thanks.

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

I just transplant 4age BT to my seg. Tested the car, everything is fine except it didnt cold start. when i start the car in the morning or when its cold, the idle is at 800rpm and it stays there, it does not go up to 1.2k rpm and comes back down like normal.

What is wrong with the engine? Please help, thanks.
I suspect is Auto Clog is not plug in, or already faulty.

lcmg

May 26, 2004
check engine light is not on. what is a auto clog? where is this?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i think his talking about the ICSV (idle control selenoid valve) which literally control the idling...if it already kong...CEL will light up...but that thing can clog and make your engine idle like s**t...

for me it is weird since it idle too low...my ICSV already kong when i finished my transplant...during cold start my engine shot up to 2k rpm and stay there...but never encounter such low rpm cold start...

Last edited:

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I not sure what it call, but i call it auto clog. There have 2 vacuum hose plug it in, and inside that vacuum hose got water 1... Normally can see it connect to throttle body 1...

lcmg

May 26, 2004
besides this problem, Rpm is slow to climb when i step on the accelerator fully.i feel that the engine has sluggish responds below 3k rpm even on 1st gear (feels like something is holding it back) but after 3k it is smooth and responsive . Is this normal for 4AGE BT engine? if not, what is wrong?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
You could always send your car to another 4age mechanic to diagnose. After I transplanted mine I had the same problem, no cold start then I send to another 4age mechanic, he said a few vaccuum hoses not connected, even the power steering is not compensated (rpm will auto adjust when u turn steering during idle)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo...to every ZTH member....here is my lil question...just wanna ask tat im going to buy a APEXI Dual Funel filter.....but i notice tat it needs adapter n also sum thing about rubber i think.....so i dono how was it....if all i take oredi RM270 including installation feess....

now im using a clond airfilter....so can i take out and just buy the airfilter without the adapter to put on my car.....my ride is ISWARA..below is the pic i draw....can i dowan buy the adapter??

.hope tat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience