2 yrs old camry sent for 2 skinning & 1 replacement on brake disc

andychong24

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my camry 2.0G will be 2 yrs this oct...so far already send for 2 skinning and 1 time change of break disc....is it me with bad luck or something is wrong with the car...sent in for 1st skinning dec 2010 and 1st time change the break disc jan 2011...yesterday have to send in again for skinning....* * i sent it to repair at cheras branch..staff is ok but just wondering is this default comman in camry?? pls advise where else can i complaint..thanks

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
I don think so it is common...Maybe the way you use the brakes make easy worn out or bengkok...i think la...because i seen many also with this case..specially my sis after she use my car for few month i can feel my disc gone...if i use after skinning no issue at all then pass to her gone again...Maybe the way using brakes...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Disc brake SKIMMING is quite common. Even Honda Accord suffers from this. Most probably due to the low quality disc and I believe one of the causes is the way we drive. I drive pretty hard and brake quite often and I lost count how many times I skim my disc brakes. On my previous car I solved it by changing to a cross drilled and slotted disc. I'm also considering replacing my Accord's disc as after skimming in within a few months it's warped again. Changing the front set of disc are not cheap. Cost about RM1k +/-.

andychong24

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i drive to work n send my gal to class during weekend any occasionally when outstation....my hubby drive subaru and trust me he drive like crazy...his car got no prob...kinda worried after warranty have to fork out few thousand every month..can die

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
i drive to work n send my gal to class during weekend any occasionally when outstation....my hubby drive subaru and trust me he drive like crazy...his car got no prob...kinda worried after warranty have to fork out few thousand every month..can die[/QUOTES]
Subaru? That's why lo. Those are imported. Most Toyotas and Hondas are locally assembled so the quality of material plays an important role. Using toyota's oem disc brake won't solve the problem. Try searching for other performance disc brakes.

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Brembo stock replacements are quite good i heard.. Prices are reasonable also..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Brembo stock replacements are quite good i heard.. Prices are reasonable also..
I was looking into Brembos as well but unfortunately they don't have the size I wanted. I think they cost below RM500 for a pair. Fairly good price I would say.

ndtans

Feb 16, 2006
It's normal. I owned a camry 3 years and skinned 3 times. Now I am a sonata user. Performance and quality better than the sushi

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
I'm planning to get Project Mu. I hoped that is better. Not sure why they give such crappy disc. Can't even withstand normal driving. If brought on track might end up face to face with Mr. Wall.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
What about after few month after change to new brake pad, it start to feel the brake pad already 'keras', lack of grip and not performed as like newly installed. This situation always happened to my ae111.
This problem still occurred although using bendix brake pad and using levin disc brake. Is it my way press the brake is wrong?
How to solved it permanently?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
What about after few month after change to new brake pad, it start to feel the brake pad already 'keras', lack of grip and not performed as like newly installed. This situation always happened to my ae111.
This problem still occurred although using bendix brake pad and using levin disc brake. Is it my way press the brake is wrong?
How to solved it permanently?
I don't think there is other ways to step on the brake pedal. Maybe what you can do is ask the mech to bleed the brake fluid and replace with new brake fluid as after some time of use there may be water vapour present in it. Since your car is not that new ask them to check also the calipers. Maybe one of them not functioning or the brake servo(brake pump) is faulty. Ask your mech to check those and hopefully it's one of those faults. Hmmm Bendix you say? Check also whether it's an original product.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Bendix also got imitation?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Got. Furthermore I feel Bendix very corrosive. It eats up your disc if you use the original ones.

andychong24

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
it's common???!!! u got to be joking!!!! proton car 10 yrs also never go skimming or change brake disc lol....like that might as well just buy proton car la...
:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there. Im planning to get a 2nd hand Honda Civic (96-97,M) need your suggestion on how to get a nice 2nd hand car... Most probably going 2 swap d engine n upgrade the rest of related stuf.....need to deal wif JPJ @ not, izzit very troublesome? Wat level of engine mod is considerated as ilegal?thanks for ur kind advise.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience