Reasons why GOODYEAR = BADYEAR

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Reason why GOODYEAR = BADYEAR

GOODYEAR NCT5 TYRE...There is no "steel cord/ply" at the tyre side wall lining..it contains only rubber..i'm almost done for when using this tyre, i'm travelling around 85km/h on NKVE when suddenly the whole tyre rips apart at the side wall...the car loose control and skidded side ways, but lucky i manage to gain control, and stop at emergency lane. The tyre is less than 1 year old, and still have decent thread lining on it..i always check my tyre conditions, and maintain my tyre pressure at 30psi..i can't feel any drag or abnormalities before this incident happen, and i'm travelling on a straight, smooth open highway..

Attachments

Last edited:

Alcip

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Subang Jaya
I stopped using Goodyear long time ago.....expensive for nothing!!
Lucky you're a good driver.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
no steel sidewall? i tot all tyres came with steel sidewalls nowadays.was the tyre over/under inflated? or maybe was cut by something on the road? what did the tyre shop say about this?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
looking at the pix, it was cut by sumthing on the road. ive been using goodyear for years, nuthing like dis happens. nct5 is one of my fave, its not expensive pun compared to others on the same level of performance

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
looking at the pix - yeah, that was horrible! Ratbit...thank God you are still here to share this with us. Never experienced NCT5 before...but surely, will never thought of buying,using it after this!

thanks Ratbit...

fuselage

Over 10,000 RPM!
May 18, 2005
shah alam
7 years owning a car...and since that using goodyear on off..

to me...goodyear among the best tyre supplier in Malaysia...

i agreed with danzeterna..u should go to goodyear complain bout this...posting here and bla..bla this and that will bring u to no where...

thanx

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Ratbit: Dude..most of the passengers car tires sidewall only come with "Polyester" and "Rayon". U can find that construction info on the sidewall marking on each passengers car tire. while some truck tires sidewall uses "Steel Belt".

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
goodyear is best tire in malaysia...being using it for most of my cars over the years...good wet grip and quiet on dry road too...price similar to sime or silverstone....

anyway pls keep the tire and write to goodyear..let them investigate...and did u buy it new? or used? or has it puncture b4 coz sometime if puncture..the sidewall already damaged earlier.

anyway lucky that u r ok....god bless....you driving a waja rite?

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
at least goodyear better than silverstone.......
much-much better!

it just that when this kinda thing happened to someone else, of course, it scares you out. in this case, to Ratbit- surely he'll never, never trust goodyear again- eventhough goodyear is established world wide...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dis doesnt scare me a bit, ive been using goodyear for years on every single one of d cars iam taking care of, no bad comments so far. ive been on silverstones, simes, falkens, michelins, pirellis, toyos, but nuthing has been on par on two things 1. bang for ur buck 2. good performance on both dry and wet, not to mention nuthing grips on road and still be quiet at the same time.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
dude...your car 2000bhp of course NCT5 tak boleh pakai la...think u have to ask GoodYear custom tire for u lol.

bencklim

Oct 2, 2008
NCT5 is good for normal use, not to trash it around.
While for Rabbit case, very sad case and again, you should call goodyear again..
I know some of them in there. If you need contact, pm me.
Have a good day.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A colleague of mine was distressed when she found another hit and run scuff mark on her door. I pretended not to care but secretly fi it the next day. She must be puzzled how the scratch left her car.

Doings of irresponsible citizens

I just packed these in the trunk of my car and settle it in 10 mins time at the car park. A bottle of Optimum No Rinse QD dilution ratio, Optimum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience