RCA cable......

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
dear all sifu....wats the difference between a normal RCA cable and a twisted ones????? are there any different if i change my current normal RCA cable ( i assume) to a better 1????
What different will i get from it????

thanks you sifus....

tkhpeng

Aug 25, 2005
KL
I m using RCA cable.
That depend on your sound system + your ear also

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
huh look nicer???? sure boh...
heheh i tot sound also nicer geh.....

anyway im using alpine 5 channel amp mrv f450 , JL 12w3v2 woofer x1 ,
DLS r6A mid comp infront , american autocraft 6.5 mid comp behind .....and my car is Iswara a/b .........RCA cable i think its a normal 1.........and also im planing to put 1 more DLS r6a comp behind to replace my american autocraft CRAP......heheh ....

wat do u think sifu??????

can give some opinion????

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
supposedly twisted has better noise rejection than straight wires, but i doubt u can hear any difference or improvement. there are also lot more factors for how good an rca is, like the quality of the rca head/plug, the thickness of the gold coatings, the quality of the coatings, the quality of the soldering, the quality of the wire inside, etc etc lah...

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
hmm....wont have any diff i c........well noise rejection means??? reject wat type of voice?????????

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
twisted pair not necessary better than normal straight rca cable, it depend on the material and quality..and also the production quality

soem system can let u know the different by using diff quality cables...but usually human ears cant feel the diff

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
if just normal quality with "twisted pair" tecnique, compare to normal rca, twiested pair Rca can have better Noice rejection only,

if u mean better clearity, than is due to the material use, like my titanium Rca cable. sure got diffrence, or better 1 like Moster cable, or if just want better noice rejection with better quality, audison Rca not bad, if talk on series "real" "twiested pair" Rca cable, soundstream not bad too, it is "tightly""twiested pair... hmm hmmm

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
hi howei come back lah..

however there are good rca that can hear the diffrence even the ear q dum, but only the best of the best rca can really feel diffrence, and your system must frist to be good enaugh, if not, just get a better quality twiested pair Rca that will not cause noice easily

noice means exp: areoplan noice, shhhh noice, or others unwanted noice that pickup by RCAs

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
hehe, good material = good conductor = good noise pickup agent,
the second consideration is the shielding for the cable, if a cable use good conductor with poor shielding, noise will be more easy to pickup than a normal cable......

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
hi1983 said:
if just normal quality with "twisted pair" tecnique, compare to normal rca, twiested pair Rca can have better Noice rejection only,

if u mean better clearity, than is due to the material use, like my titanium Rca cable. sure got diffrence, or better 1 like Moster cable, or if just want better noice rejection with better quality, audison Rca not bad, if talk on series "real" "twiested pair" Rca cable, soundstream not bad too, it is "tightly""twiested pair... hmm hmmm
Wow
Now you can hear differences in cables. Last time you can hear difference in caps.

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
wow.......y so many thing in ICE geh...anyway is a digital crossover neccesary???? got my car???

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
digital crossover? very few in market and very expensive. most ppl use analog crossovers, just make sure its 3 way and can do bandpass for mids (in case u want to go 3way active in the future). share with us the rest of your system then only we know if electronic crossover is necessary or not.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
erm, haven seen digital crossover b4...all i saw is analog 1...damn....

veldric

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
zenn....ohh.....well...my system i think kinda lau ya loh.....5 channel mrv f450 -alpine , DLS r6a mid comp, 1x jl 12w3v2 woofer and 1 more normal component i put behind....thats all i got...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi! Is it possible to convery Campro engine to use cable throttle? I am using Haltech Sprint 500 ECU.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience