May 12, 2004
Visit site
To all the guru's and sifu's of RB26,

Anyone selling :

1) RB26 oil sump(aluminium)
2) RB26 aftermarket oil pump (not fuel pump) :lol:
3) RB26 oil sump surge gadget.

Mr. Nismo anyone have it ah?
Need these items to complete my projct leh.....thanks bros!

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
try contact Speed D, they may have it, they have a lot of RB26 performance parts.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Yeah what's your budget like? The price can be quite a jump from used parts to new parts.

Not easy to come by aftermarket oil pump used. If you're lucky enough to get one, have to make sure they are in perfectly good condition (no hairline cracks resulted from blown engine), else bye bye engine.

Not too sure about the oil sump, but can try to hunt for those.

As for the baffle plate, you'll have to get new Tomei units (recommended) which will cost around RM700.

Don't forget the oil restrictor too if your oil pump is a high volume unit.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Last time can get brand new jun oil pump
about RM3.2k

now day with yen rising up to 3.7
no idea
but try singapore..

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by MrNismo@Dec 29 2004, 18:04
Yeah what's your budget like? The price can be quite a jump from used parts to new parts.

Not easy to come by aftermarket oil pump used. If you're lucky enough to get one, have to make sure they are in perfectly good condition (no hairline cracks resulted from blown engine), else bye bye engine.

Not too sure about the oil sump, but can try to hunt for those.

As for the baffle plate, you'll have to get new Tomei units (recommended) which will cost around RM700.

Don't forget the oil restrictor too if your oil pump is a high volume unit.
Mr Nismo,

I think if possible get 2nd hand lor coz....not too pricey... :lol: budget drifting.....hehehehe......should have dropped RB25 less headache :( .....now gotta stay with this engine coz spent too much to abandoned it...hehehehe.... :blink:

JEBU,

Low budget leh..... :D thanks for the info's. Looking for 2nd hand stuffs......hopefully can get one like Dexter leh.... :lol: ;)

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Yo..Ricky ma'nigger

Contrary to the popular belief (heeheehee) the Rb26 engine isn't as weak as what it is made out to be. Sure, we hear cases of spun bearings and stuff but only due to parts failure or due to pushing the engine further than what it was designed for. I'm sure people at Nissan would have address to the problems immediately if there was a inherent design fault in the engine. With only a few minor alteration in the RB26 across three generations of GTRs , i would reckon, is a testimony of its sound design .

Yes, you would need upgrades if you're pushing high horses but for the moment, I would only recommend the baffle plate for the oil sump if you're planning to drift with it. Get a proper oil pressure meter with an audible warning beeper to warn you incase low oil pressure and a water temp meter too.Just remember to keep your boost and rev sensible. Use the best engine oil you can find (remember: good doesn't have to be expensive LOLOLOL) and change it regularly and you'll be fine .................................................................i hope ..LOLOLOLOLOL

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by cmng@Dec 31 2004, 10:43
skagee..

use shell RM30 buck oil.. but change it every 1000km
good aa ?
cmng:

Heehee something like that lorr..LOLOLOLOL..but seriously, if you were to get the viscosity right, keep the oil temp low and change regularly .there's no reason why not. However, when it comes to sprited driving, its hard to keep the oil temp low without a cooler..and you'll definately need an uprated oil pump if you were to have that..than you'll need to plug up the galleries to not flood the head then....etc. so its back to square one...(ie: Use the RM30 "buck" oil if you are someone like cmng with a lot of lubang to get spareparts..:))

An off the shelf fully synthetic oil with high viscosity works just fine I suppose:)

Then again what do I know?..heehee ..

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
TNS
lobang to get cheap spare part ?
lobang to shit got la..

:lol:

yea// the question is this point

i based on one example raised by our Dr

both car is same spec .. let said Evo 3 standard

Car A using fully synthetic er let said HKS oil , rev hard everyday.. change at 10k km

Car B using cheapo RM30 oil, rev hard everyday but change every 2k km

which one better ?

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Dec 31 2004, 09:58
Yo..Ricky ma'nigger

Contrary to the popular belief (heeheehee) the Rb26 engine isn't as weak as what it is made out to be. Sure, we hear cases of spun bearings and stuff but only due to parts failure or due to pushing the engine further than what it was designed for. I'm sure people at Nissan would have address to the problems immediately if there was a inherent design fault in the engine. With only a few minor alteration in the RB26 across three generations of GTRs , i would reckon, is a testimony of its sound design .

Yes, you would need upgrades if you're pushing high horses but for the moment, I would only recommend the baffle plate for the oil sump if you're planning to drift with it. Get a proper oil pressure meter with an audible warning beeper to warn you incase low oil pressure and a water temp meter too.Just remember to keep your boost and rev sensible. Use the best engine oil you can find (remember: good doesn't have to be expensive LOLOLOL) and change it regularly and you'll be fine .................................................................i hope ..LOLOLOLOLOL
Skagee my bro,

R u sure about the pump ah? But anyway gotta change my oil sump too coz mine is either RB20 or RB25 sump(metal). Got the sump already, so need to mod it to fit it in lor......Probably it is what the guru's of the RB26 say that gives me the shivers and to come and think of it RB26 is an expensive engine to fool around with. :lol: ;) Thanks for ur wise advice wise one.......so lately still going there ah?? No news from u already one.... <_< . once my car is ready, than i will start drifting but lately not much ammo left for the car leh... :huh: gotta keep a low profile ..... :( . C ya around bro....

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by cmng@Dec 31 2004, 12:00
TNS
lobang to get cheap spare part ?
lobang to shit got la..

:lol:

yea// the question is this point

i based on one example raised by our Dr

both car is same spec .. let said Evo 3 standard

Car A using fully synthetic er let said HKS oil , rev hard everyday.. change at 10k km

Car B using cheapo RM30 oil, rev hard everyday but change every 2k km

which one better ?
Two of them also as bad as the RM30-1000km might not have the properties to lubricate the engine whereas the 10,000km got the properties but would have worn out by 10,000km. So what Skagee is trying to say is choose a good quality engine oil no necessary expensive one but change it frequently as bare in mind that turbo carz need oil to lubrucate the shaft too....just my 2cents :lol: ;)

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
thats why i still prefer rb25det.......rb26dett sure get gempak status...when you people pop the hood but when looking for parts its going to pop your wallet and your head....just my 2cents......

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by jeffblazed@Dec 31 2004, 14:23
thats why i still prefer rb25det.......rb26dett sure get gempak status...when you people pop the hood but when looking for parts its going to pop your wallet and your head....just my 2cents......
brader

the ultimate is having RB26 internals in RB20 engine, with oversized pistons... pop up hood.... people see aik? RB20 only... but it's actually RB24 ;) hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok i'm planning to buy these things and pretty amateur questions. lol cause im just starting.

i know what they do but my problem is it all i have to do is install em in my car then no more modifications like if do buy this then i have to buy that too. get my point ?

also is it maintenance free ? then if not what are the things must do.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience