Rainbow Component Speaker

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Hey good day to fellow forumers...Well, I have been using Storm Jackers Component Speaker from Save Cost (kedah), for almost 2 years. the mid bass been produced by it is consider ok but the tweeter sound is very harsh. As the installer said, this component set is mean for spl, so the tweeter voise will be sharper and noisier..At fist i feel impressed by the clarity and bass produced by this american brand, but now i feel that the tweeter is too harsh for my ear expecially while listening to sentimentle songs where the singer used to holds more high pitch note, therefore im now searching for a better component set.

I heard that RAINBOW entry level is velue for money. Is there any forumers are currently using this brand? i hope that u all guys can give me some recommendation on component speaker. I personally experience some entry level product by Rainbow, the tweeter sound is nicer but the mid bass seems not as good as mine currrently component set.

Guys pls share the brand of component set which u all think that is producing some good sound pls, and my budget is around 1k. I hope to hear your all comment regarding Rainbow as well, a brand from Germany. Thanks.

mnkh0027

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Pj, Selangor
www.audio-creations.com
you can also consider:

helix esprit (also from germany) 1k
peerless definitiion 6 (from denmark) <1k
diamond audio d361 (from USA) slightly below 1k

pm me if you're keen.

Bump: oh ya, rainbow has many models, up to 7 or more, so the lowest end is really very basic.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
other than the ones mnkh mentioned, around 1k budget, can look for DLS, Focal, Hertz, Eton, and few others. can read up other threads similar to this discussing speaker brands.

i also seriously doubt storm jackers are from US...

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
dls reference not good~! the voice are too bassy~! not clear enuff~! i prefer more on infinity kappa sound. i get kappa perfect 1k sharp. shop located at kajang nearby hugo~! it is ori since got trio auto sticker
as i can say focal entry level tweeter quite sharp one. or i jz get used with middle end speaker... hahahaha
eton? hmmm the voice came out bit awkwards. dnt know how to explain
RS audio quite nice speaker but i forgot the price but dnt thnk its on ur budget. hahahhahaha

talk based on experience and opinion. correct me if im wrong as ICE world is very subjective so i believe every1 has different opinion

cheers

Last edited:

Ah_Tat

Jun 7, 2006
Have you all heard about Domination speaker?
Recently this speaker is quite popular with it...
it can run well without any amp pushing.... just use the HU can play very well....
My friend using the the P80RSII to run active push the speaker.... the sound is amazing....
it's unbeleiveable...

If plan to play passive without any amp.... what I'm recommend is RS Audio Smart and Gocal Access.... both od these speaker can run very well.... they are the best choice to replace the original speaker and just start to play ICE....

Ah_Tat

Jun 7, 2006
hi bro....

how can a entry level speaker compare with MP oh...?
the MP 3 seires... maybe can buy 3 pairs of the Domination speaker oh... can't compare lar.. different level....

the speaker that i recommended is.. for entry user lar... to replace the original speaker and run without amplifer one...

bro.. you are MP supporter ar..?
I'm Focal supporter...

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Hey dear forumer, do you guys ever had any experience on Rainbow Dreamline SLX265? i heard that the clarity for this speaker is good, but how about the mid bass of this driver then? I wish to know that if this driver would be lacked of midbass as it is known to be playing at the bright side.

I am thinking of buying this driver but need some comment from you guys first.
Thanks for any reply and comment

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P
hi there! i am a user of rainbow component speaker also. From my point of view... The SLX 265 sounded a bit more thin around 3-6k region... means the region of female vocal singing.. how about think about CSX 265? better than the SLX 265 and are same Dreamline in Rainbow soooo many Lines... Anyway i`m using CSX 265 comp set.. Since you`re so addicted to those speaker and had ignored all the introduction above by all sifus sifus... i can only recommend... how it sounded to you will be accomplished by your ears. These comp are easily driven.. any 50w RMS amp can do them great... But i use Tru Tech T2.100 to power them up with no crossover... Yup! thats full range on a component set to you! Sounded nicely and great (to me)!

Regards,

Baha

Last edited:

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
Thanks for the kind advice. the price for Rainbow SLX265 is around Rm800, How bout the price for CSX265?

The mid bass for Slx265 is it very weak compare to others' brand in the same range?
I was attracted by the SLX265 previously due to the clarity and the price...
I am just wondering the mid bass of this driver would it be too lacked of..:)

Thanks for the sharing.

Regards,
jason

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
if you like more mid bass and warmer tweets... in my head... the DLS R6 component set... mid bass kaw kaw... and warm tweeter.... around that price also...

anyway... do go for a audit on different component set before you decide...

cheers...

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
dls reference not good~! the voice are too bassy~! not clear enuff~! i prefer more on infinity kappa sound. i get kappa perfect 1k sharp. shop located at kajang nearby hugo~! it is ori since got trio auto sticker
as i can say focal entry level tweeter quite sharp one. or i jz get used with middle end speaker... hahahaha
eton? hmmm the voice came out bit awkwards. dnt know how to explain
RS audio quite nice speaker but i forgot the price but dnt thnk its on ur budget. hahahhahaha

talk based on experience and opinion. correct me if im wrong as ICE world is very subjective so i believe every1 has different opinion

cheers
RS audio entry set is around 1.3k bro....

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P
Thanks for the kind advice. the price for Rainbow SLX265 is around Rm800, How bout the price for CSX265?

The mid bass for Slx265 is it very weak compare to others' brand in the same range?
I was attracted by the SLX265 previously due to the clarity and the price...
I am just wondering the mid bass of this driver would it be too lacked of..:)

Thanks for the sharing.

Regards,
jason
The price for CSX 265 is more expensive, around 1.2k. Here got 2 forums here u might wanna check their Item For Sale section. Do check and it won`t hurt... u might find some 2nd hand goodies. I got some here.

www.icehifi.com
www.mycarhifi.com/carhififorum/index.php

fooi

Jun 13, 2006
Morel entry level Tempo 6x-2 component also a good choice as the brand is famous and sound really good for entry level and within budget.below 1k.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

!!!need help about custom car approval

all sifu out there or any 1 experiance
do i need JPJ approval after i fix some custom made body kits(car look different then original e.g. kenari mod to accord) to use it on the road???:Not_Impressed:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience